Logitech G13

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
L

LordZahn

So has anyone that uses/has a Logitech G13 gamepad gotten it to work with the enhanced client. Because I sure can't. It works just fine with the classic, as does my G15 keyboard. But when I load the EC nothing, nada, zip. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

F

Fink

I would like to know if it works, too.

Lord Zahn, do you find you use the joystick much? It looks as if they very nearly made the G13 modular so the stick could be switched from left-hand to right-hand use, but I'm told this is not the case. I'm left-handed so the stick might be wasted unless I can use it with my smallest finger. I guess maybe I could hack the shell if I were feeling ambitious. Anyhow I could still use the additional keys and multi-stroke bindings, so I'd be interested to know if the G13's any use for EC.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Cove X-Road Felucca (Europa)
Be also sure that you run uosa.exe directly of your installtion folder, otherwise if you run over the launcher it would be started as Administrator and the program of your g13 maybe get no access on it.

T

Tazar

I'm still running on XP-Pro, but I've never had any issues with the G-13 and the Enhanced client.

The stick has to be programmed as each of the four directions acts as a macro button - but once you link them with the N-S-E-W movements - it works great too. I am trying to learn to use the joystick for movement so the mouse is free for clicking other things.

L

LordZahn

Be also sure that you run uosa.exe directly of your installtion folder, otherwise if you run over the launcher it would be started as Administrator and the program of your g13 maybe get no access on it.
OMG!, Lucitus thank you so much. That was exactly it. I mean this in the staightest way possible, but I love you.

L

LordZahn

I would like to know if it works, too.

Lord Zahn, do you find you use the joystick much? It looks as if they very nearly made the G13 modular so the stick could be switched from left-hand to right-hand use, but I'm told this is not the case. I'm left-handed so the stick might be wasted unless I can use it with my smallest finger. I guess maybe I could hack the shell if I were feeling ambitious. Anyhow I could still use the additional keys and multi-stroke bindings, so I'd be interested to know if the G13's any use for EC.
Fink, it is true the joystick cant be moved, but after getting it to work it seams it is fully functional with EC. As is the G15 keyboard GKeys and functions now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
I use my G13. And I think it's wonderful. I made one base for all 50+ of my characters. No more switching for me!...

Glad you got it working.

F

Fink

The search goes on...

...and I was eventually linked back to this thread. I guess I'm the only person asking why a device so nearly symmetrical doesn't come in mirrored versions. I guess I'm lucky in that the numpad/arrows/word keys on any standard keyboard do roughly the same job, a perk I've enjoyed for years.

I might yet get a G-13 because I think it'll be useful for video editing and animation.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
I've used my G13 for with the EC in both Windows XP and Windows 7, and I love it. One of my favourite things about it is using the thumb joystick for movement. I bound the cursor keys to the thumb joystick and it works perfectly.

One word of caution though, maybe sure you don't use the ctrl key for any of your keybinds that you might press while using the thumb joystick. You will run into problems if you do (fun stuff like running off in a direction and being unable to stop)...