Logging out with Camping/Bedroll doesn't work anymore?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
A few months ago, you still could log out lighting a campfire and using a bedroll. Now it doesn't work anymore. Is this intended?

P

PixelPusher

Wow. I haven't done that in so many years, I had totally forgotten about it!

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
Awww...I remember my little fire and sleeping bag, hehe. I miss the simplicity of the beginning.

P

pavel.vesely

There is something wrong with logging out in itself. May be you were flagged as in combat when you tried to logout. I know that sometimes I do not instantly logout hidden in my house.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Hawkeye, I just tried it with one of my tamers that has a smidgeon of camping skill (25.3), and it appeared to work. She made a campfire with some kindling and got the message, "You feel it would take a few moments to secure your camp." Then after a moment or two, got the message, "The camp is now secure." Then she rolled out her bedroll and clicked on it and got the gump asking if she wanted to log out. I clicked Okay and immediately then got the "lost connection" message.

Edited to add: Well, I just tried it in front of the house and then logged on with a character on a different account. Tamer is still standing there.... She didn't get in any fights either, so she's not battled flagged. Hmmmm.

S

Sir Kenga

There is something wrong with logging out in itself. May be you were flagged as in combat when you tried to logout. I know that sometimes I do not instantly logout hidden in my house.
QFT
I got tired of waiting 5 minutes almost EVERYTIME i want to relogin at home for other character.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
No, I was not flagged. I don't use a pet. I've been using this a lot, even a few months ago. Since a few weeks it's not working anymore.
Any yes, I also get the "Connection Lost" message like usual, but the character doesn't log out despite. There's something wrong.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
A few months ago, you still could log out lighting a campfire and using a bedroll. Now it doesn't work anymore. Is this intended?
I know that I could not log out instantly with a pet(s) since the autostable of pets were introduced. I could log out instantly with a bedrol when I had no pets. I have confirmed that about two years ago. I don't know whether this is not changed or this is your case.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
Haha, I would set a fire near a populated area. Run into a group...cause some havoc...run out and then to the prelite fire and log out. *poof*
Those were fun times...la
You cannot log out while you are combat flagged.
I think that never worked.

T

Turdnugget

Quite awhile back, with O/C, any combat, you could be fighting someone in an Inn, and if you got redlined, just had to log out and poof, you were logged at redlined while in the heat of battle. Same thing with hiding. You could hide right in front of someone.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 23, 2008
Camping is broken I think. I tried this before and had the same problem. If this was an intended change, it really needs to be fixed. It isn't worth skill points to wait 2 minutes for secure camp in order to log out unsafely. If it is an unintended change, it probably relates to some of the other problems I've seen with logging out (inns and houses don't always insta-log me these days on accounts with 7 characters).

F

Fink

Won't work if you're in most dungeons, T2A fel, etc..

I've had it work for me when combat flagged, so I put in my guide. I'll change the info if that's not the case 100% of the time for all people.

Camping Guide

I'd appreciate any feedback on these if you see errors.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
Won't work if you're in most dungeons, T2A fel, etc..

I've had it work for me when combat flagged, so I put in my guide. I'll change the info if that's not the case 100% of the time for all people.

Camping Guide

I'd appreciate any feedback on these if you see errors.
It works nowhere for nobody. It has been broken broken since maybe 3 months. I recently tried again and failed, in a town. It is reproducable.

You get the logout message, then the connection lost message. But still your chracter remains in game and you cannot login with another char.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 23, 2008
I used it in the wilds north of Vesper, not a dungeon or second age. Didn't work as it used to. Broken.

I know they broke the skill in certain places because people found a use for the skill (Doom). I think this is amusing since that's like saying "we intend to keep this skill useless, don't break it."