• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Logging in with UOA?

• Thread starter Crystal Canyon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Crystal Canyon

For some reason I cannot seem to log into the game using UOA. I am not recieving any messages when trying, but when it gets past the screen where I put in my user name and password, I get a white hourglass that just sits there and nothing proceeds.

I have gone into my firewall protection and elected to allow UOassist access.

I went to tugsoft to try to download an update. The last update it says was March 2008. I did download but made no difference. I still am unable to log in using it.

Any ideas of what to try next?

D

DHMagicMan_1

They just patched today. You have to give Tugsoft a chance to make a new patch to catch up.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAssist has been working fine since the most recent UO patch was released and I don't think Tugsoft had to patch it this time.

Crystal, perhaps try logging into UO without first starting UOAssist. It may be that your firewall program is blocking UO from accessing the internet and you may get a better, more direct prompt from your firewall program about giving the UO client access if you run it by itself.

Edited to add: I started up UOAssist and clicked the Settings button from the "updater" screen. At the bottom of the Settings screen, it shows the following information: "Versions currently running: UOAssist.exe 1.6.1.0 - UOAssist.dll 1.19.20.8 - UpdateAce.dll 0.9.14.0."

C

Corrupted Goblin

UOA is different with every machine. Tugsoft will need to update it or allow itself to catch up to the code. CAN TAKE UP TO 2 WEEKS, in the mean time good luck. (i am unable to use UOA as of right now either)

V

Vyal

They need to turn that freakign hackign crapolla off and make sure it gets screwed up with every other patch just like everything else. People get PvP scripts pretty much one button pot chuggin macro come on does that sound familiar?

I know a guy who uses uoa to one button two efields to trap people (WTF? stupid no skill one button macro worse then any script alive)

T

T_Amon_from_work

UOA works just ducky ... I patched last night and went into the game with no issues.

C

Crystal Canyon

UOA is different with every machine. Tugsoft will need to update it or allow itself to catch up to the code. CAN TAKE UP TO 2 WEEKS, in the mean time good luck. (i am unable to use UOA as of right now either)
yes, I do believe that it has something to do with different computers. My hubbie and my son are both able to access UOA and Im not.:sad4:

C

Crystal Canyon

UOAssist has been working fine since the most recent UO patch was released and I don't think Tugsoft had to patch it this time.

Crystal, perhaps try logging into UO without first starting UOAssist. It may be that your firewall program is blocking UO from accessing the internet and you may get a better, more direct prompt from your firewall program about giving the UO client access if you run it by itself.

Edited to add: I started up UOAssist and clicked the Settings button from the "updater" screen. At the bottom of the Settings screen, it shows the following information: "Versions currently running: UOAssist.exe 1.6.1.0 - UOAssist.dll 1.19.20.8 - UpdateAce.dll 0.9.14.0."
Thank you Tina, I shall try that. I have been accessing Uo by simply using the program without going thru the UOA and it works just fine.