• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Z

Zsazsa Zee

Is anyone else experiencing log-in problems?
My 'EA-Land Update Utility' window is frozen except for one blue line going back and forth......
The "Please Login" window is also frozen and I can't click on the 'login' button, nor the 'options nor 'cancel'.
Plz let me know if anyone else is having this problem and if u have a solution, it would be awsome.
Thank You in advance

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

Zsazsa, I just logged in with no problem.
Maybe rebooting would help?

Z

Zsazsa Zee

Ty spaghetti...but I have rebooted
....also it's happening on my laptop as well.......

I

imported_Qute Pi

Is there anything on there screen that says something like
Only one instance can run at a time?

Z

Zsazsa Zee

No...I do have a shortcut for a second account.
This is happening on 2 computers and on the main EA-land icons.
Ohh boy ... looks like I might be alone in this

Thanks anyways

Z

Zsazsa Zee

OK I got in but I had to wait 40 minutes.....before I could click on options.
I rebooted again. This isn't good

I

imported_Armonia

I can login. I do not have option to choose tc or ea. What is going on. I have rebooted. I am using the same icons I did b4. HELP

G

I'm having log in problems too. It says I have exceeded my avatar limit but I only have 3 to choose from. 2 of them are greyed out. And yes I pay so that's not the problem. I am also having this problem on my 3 other accounts also. Any suggestions?

S

swissmoonbeam

Yeah....any sim I click on gets stuck at 35%!! I can't get in!!

R

Rennay

Maybe it has something to do with the lag right now..it took me a long time to load the city (but I was already logged in) and 45 mins of trying to load a property over and over, I gave up, lol. Going to check out TC3

G

I got kicked out with an error code 23 and and was booted out. I ended up having to log in twice to get on. But once on I didnt suffer any lag.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hung at 35%, so much for playing again tonight:(

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having that problem, too. I eventually get to 64%, but it took 15 minutes to get that far. Whats up with that?

J

jwilso3340

Same for me now. I've gotten error 23 about 5 times in the last 2 hours, and now can't get back on.

A

Anarela

I think it's the aftermath of the exploit... yet another thing to thank those that tried to get advantage of a bug... grrrrrrrrrrrr

J

jwilso3340

<blockquote><hr>

Same for me now. I've gotten error 23 about 5 times in the last 2 hours, and now can't get back on.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOWEVER...I'm really glad I got to play as long as I did today!

R

rockyswifey

yea i keep having it freeze at 35%... Grr what are tehy doing? How long will this go on for I wonder. I wanted to play.. I'm mad.. darn it.

T

TKSpeedy1

Yep...kept getting error 23 earlier...then I just tried to log in several times and was stuck at 35%. I managed to get in for a little bit, but it took forever.

S

swissmoonbeam

Yup i had to go to tc3, lol.....that's ok. I"m havin a good time.

moon

K

Karm

When i logged in using the EALand Windowed Icon, The Updater is very large as though i have no video card at all, it makes my desk top flicker and lags very bad when trying to do an option, like click ok or cancel. I stuck with it and did a repair there was a small update. I do have a new graphic card and yes it is installed correctly. Once it gets past the updater and the window comes up to login, it goes back to a normal size which is for me the 800x600 screen.

Thanks,
Karm

D

DominaVsim

Hung @ 35% too. Got to Play earlier, but it cost me nearly 15k for flooring that wasn't right &amp; was all over my property. *sigh*

R

rockyswifey

yea it let me in but its verryy slow i wonder how long it will be..

I

imported_Fire Dragon

Stuck at 35% too, then eventually it goes back to choose a sim screen and it's the same thing over and over..

P

Pixified

I'm guessing nothing is gonna happen to fix it tonight.
I'm stuck as well.

I don't think any of the developers are online.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm stuck as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, no! Not again =X

L

legal1lpn

<blockquote><hr>

I'm stuck as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuck at 35% and guess what? Tomorrow is Friday the day before Saturday which is the week-end...and we all know what that means----hmmmmm.
NOT!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Its not letting me on since I logged off due to lag!!!!!! GAH!!!!

H

Heatherlee3

Getting to 35% after clicking my SIM and then I get error 23....

Never Mind...just got on

A

AndromedaAngel

I got logged off due to lag after only being in game for a few minutes ... ever since then when trying to enter the world from the character screen I get errors 102 and 202 ( add error 23 to my list now too) (error code 117 now too)

T

TKSpeedy1

I just got Error 202 AND Error 0. What the heck is Error 0? Sounds like a contradiction to me....like there is no error.

D

Dreamyyy

i have rebooted and restarted my comp and i get the same thing get to 35% and then error 202 hmmmm strange

G

I am getting same error, or laggin login in, then it makes me pick the sim again, on 5th try now.. Has anyone reported it?

F

Fool at TC

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah....any sim I click on gets stuck at 35%!! I can't get in!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.
I have been noticing huge freezing lagspikes lately when I played too. Could be related?

I

imported_gensi

<blockquote><hr>

I just got Error 202 AND Error 0. What the heck is Error 0? Sounds like a contradiction to me....like there is no error.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. 202 and 0

G

I was in logged out cause of lag and now I am still trying to get in keep getting error 23 and 202???????????????????????????

D

DjMacDaddy01201

This is Bull crap stuck at 35% error 23 grrrr im going to hope this could be fixed soon good luck
I'm sure they will fix it so forget the bull crap hmm please take your time find this nasty lag bug

G

Ok I am in now finally only tried for the past hour lol. But I am in ???

G

I notified Pari of the login problems. I'll let you know if I hear anything new.

C

Camile

So I finally get logged in, hooray? No I think not,the lagg problem is now making the game unplayable. This is not acceptable at all. The jobs are impossible, moving from house to house times you out, and even staying in one house results in sims jumping and lurching 4 or so sim minutes at a time. I am very disappointed at this point. I understand that everyone has been working overtime to fix the exploit, but the night before that happened, the lag was also this bad. I certainly cannot believe that our developers do not know that we are lagging beyond reason, and "playing" the game at this time, is actually quite impossible.

G

OK Pari says its because many players are trying to login at the same time, give it a few minutes and try again.

Great news that we have so many people trying to play, bummer that some cant get in.

Good news is more upgrades coming soon!

F

FAX QUEEN7

Parizad are u here ? I need comforting....FAX cant get in...but the poor as simhell Fax can....:: cries :: shudders :: lays day in fetal position:: I miss EA Land. I miss TSO. I miss playing...

G

The night that the exploit happened is when I started having 35% problems and errors. Last night of course nobody got to play, then again tonight with the same 35% problem and errors, only now its just sitting frozen at 35% and I had to ctrl/alt/del to shut it down. I finally got on one of our properties and its so laggy it makes playing impossible. So this is three days in a row of no play. Sad...

E

ephemeral

<blockquote><hr>

When i logged in using the EALand Windowed Icon, The Updater is very large as though i have no video card at all, it makes my desk top flicker and lags very bad when trying to do an option, like click ok or cancel. I stuck with it and did a repair there was a small update. I do have a new graphic card and yes it is installed correctly. Once it gets past the updater and the window comes up to login, it goes back to a normal size which is for me the 800x600 screen.

Thanks,
Karm

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife is having the same effect on her machine--a laptop. She's running in 800x600 res, but instead of the login/updater dialogs coming up in their usual small form in the middle of the display, they seem to have their registration reference and show up as much larger boxes in the upper left of the display. In addition to that, the cursor flashes and has no effect when clicking on the buttons.

The workaround is to roll the cursor over the (approximate) position of where the dialog coxes/buttons should be in the middle of the display. The Login; cancel button will light up. When the appropriate button is lit, hit the [Enter] key and the login will proceed normally (including resizing of the window to whatever resolution you have specified).

At first, I thought it was a problem with my wife's machine--a corrupt file or something messed up in the login script, but I realize after reading this thread that it's an EA related problem. Initially, I rebuilt her shortcuts, but that did not have any effect. Why it affects her machine and not mine, I don't know because we run the same OS and I created the shortcuts identically on both machines. I realize this is stating the obvious, but the problem started with the 11.2 MB update today.

P

puss in boots

OMG ..... this is utter crap ... i pay $30 a month to be constantly interupted in play by god damn errors ... maybe the merge was a big drama maxis never needed to do in the first place ... someone tell me exactly what is better with this game since the merges started ... ...Heaps of lag ...constant error 23..... now error 202.... error 102 .... payouts for jobs decreased ... land more expencive... fixing a damn piano cost me 4000 a week ago no vistor bonus ... now hours are being taken due to free play sims .... and now we pay $5 just to get 4900k from maxis that goes within 5 minutes on running a busy property. where does it end?

C

CuriousPlayer

I'm having the same problems i think with the login screen apearing up in left corner, i've tried to reinstall from the dl'd version did not help, now i'm reinstalling it from the orignal cd! OMGosh this is getting crazy they should of just left the 14 day trial and made everyone pay for tc3 and ealand. i play both and can't even play in one city!!!!

VERY FRUSTRATED! i'll take lag just let me play my game!

Z

Zsazsa Zee

First of all,ty Niki for contacting Pari. I am so sorry that so many people are having problems, but I am glad that I'm not the only one. I couldn't play much last night and I just got logged in today after waiting a little over 48 minutes. It is 2:30 pm Eastern time (Friday). It doesn't seem to matter what time I want in: when I click on my EA-Land icon my screen goes all black;...a big update utility window opens with a blue line moving back and forth;... the log in window also shows up but I can't click on any of the options... (login, options, or cancel)
Eveything is frozen. ( this time for 48 minutes ).....For me too, this started to happen after the game was offline for the exploit fix.
Unfortunately by the time I got in today, it's not really worth it to play because I have to go out.
For all others having problems I do wish you good luck. I'm not actually happy that you are having problems,...it just feels better not to be alone in it .
I do feel frustrated
I can't wait over 40 minutes just to log in .