• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having a terrible time this a.m. logging in. Keep getting the can't communicate with origin message. :(

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Same, but after a couple of tries it lets me in.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here, multiple attempts allows me to log in for a second or two. Screen freezes... I was afraid of this day, they finally flipped the switch on my game.

Reactions: S_S

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yup. Just came here to see if anyone else was going through it. I'd say once you get in, stick with it. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here I thought it was just me and bad internet service again.

Good to know it's UO side it would seem. Hopefully someone at Broadsword is looking into it.

*pokes @Mesanna, @Kyronix, @Bleak *

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh yeah...trying to trade holiday gifts has been fun :/ lol 4-7 tries to log in each shard...*pulls hair out* lol

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been seeing this for a couple of days, especially when swapping characters it all stops and then 'problem communicating with Origin'.... it's an odd one though, if I hit that problem and do not close the client, I usually can't log in on the same account without getting that message many times, but putting in another account name and password usually works right away.

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's likely because of the amount of players logging in and out constantly collecting gifts. It's the same every gift run and will settle down in a few days.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's likely because of the amount of players logging in and out constantly collecting gifts. It's the same every gift run and will settle down in a few days.
I'm going to beg the differ. I'm been collecting and xsharding gifts for quite a few years now and can't remember this issue during those times.

(and the issue seems to have been resolved at this moment)

Last edited:

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. Connection/Login problems.. and not a single country song about lost pets, spoiled spawns or lost duels. UO peeps really are maturing. :)