• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LOCKS DOWN IN CASTLE'S COURTYARD?

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldn't it be great if we could decorate our castle's courtyard with all these beautiful new plants and trees? :danceb:(or any plant, of course)
I know I would love it :)
What do you think about it?

L

Lore Master

I like the idea if only i had a castle i do have a keep though.

L

Lord Kynd

Wouldn't it be great if we could decorate our castle's courtyard with all these beautiful new plants and trees? :danceb:(or any plant, of course)
i think it is a great idea, maybe only allow 10 items to be locked down in that area.

but good luck , might as well ask them for customizable keeps/castles, your likly to get the same responce unfortunatly.... NO

I

Infiniti

I love the idea. Such a lot of wasted space. I would love to deco my castle greens with the new plants and maybe a statue or two. :D

D

Duku

Id like, but i d like also to have the possibility to lock down item in the nearest tile from home in some way ^^

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be also nice, if we could lock down items like paintings or banners on any of the outer walls of any house. Imagine the castle front decorated with banners ...

L

love2winalot

And this would be easy to code, and nothing has to be changed. If it can be attached to the outher walls, you should be able to lock it down.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this would be easy to code, and nothing has to be changed. If it can be attached to the outher walls, you should be able to lock it down.
Those things aren't attached to the walls though. They are sitting on the tile in front of the wall and appear to be hanging. Even deeds are placed on floor tiles. Some do require a wall to be present though. But in the end everything (that I have placed) requires a floor tile on that level where you want to place it. Neat thing is you can remove the floor tile after you have placed it. So it looks like it's hanging high on the wall if you have the second floor opened up.

So it's the floor tile that's the issue. For that I would guess you'd have to code deeds with and "edge of foundation" toggle that looked for a floor tile directly under the wall then adjusted the placement of the deed appropriately. Even then I could see som blocking issues with certain objects.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like it.... I LOVE it!

As for plants.... and other lockdowns in Castle courtyards the problem is the courtyard isn't part of the foundation. Thus lockdowns fail the "are you in a house you own" check. The devs have made many comments on what a nightmare this would be to change.

Just thinking in print here.... could you(a dev) possibly reference the house sign to flag owners/co-owners. Then reference the placement information (cords) of that castle to allow the "I wish to secure this" text to pass the "are you in a house you own" check for the courtyard tiles for that castle?

"I wish to secure this" has to be referencing something. How can that reference be updated to include a courtyard area without the need for an actual foundation square to be there?

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be a real nice idea!
*still hopes for seeing customizeable castles in the future*:bowdown:

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that would screw up a lot of players. Customizable Castle Lots would go for more than 800 Million. They already go for 500M!

This is what I'd do.. Customizable Lots take up a square area. I'd allow players to do ANYTHING they can imagine with this area. Completely open the area up and create L-shaped houses, two towers connected with bridges, 4 small houses with no ground underneath(meaning the Lot's ever-persisting floor we cannot remove).

And of course allow people to lock anything down any way they want, floor or no floor(within that area).

I hope I make sense here. Anyhow I'd allow this change first, then maybe move on to allowing Customizable Castle Lots to avoid the boom in price increase. It would be balanced by the price increase in ALL Lots then.

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am for doing away with castles.
Have a bad run-in with a castle? :p

I think it's a good idea. I'd also like the option to allow friends/coowners/owners to recall into the courtyard, but I have a feeling I'm asking a bit much. :D