• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Living in the Now

G

The recent spat of negativity regarding the devs/future of the game has been getting to me.

Yesterday I took some time to really think this whole thing over. I realize that the some people may be right, we may not have a future in the game. I hope those people realize that the others who choose to believe in the future may be right.

The fact of the matter is the future is uncertain in any circumstance, not just EA Land. Anyone could get run over by a bus tomorrow, a natural disaster could stike half of us down anytime. On the other hand, any one of us could win the lottery or inherit a fortune from the aunt who got hit by a bus.

Many of us choose to live in the past. We rail against circumstance, never forget past injustices and generally refuse to get over things that hurt us. We may choose never move past a happy event, thinking we could never be that happy again so why bother.

Living in the past is useless, it cannot be changed. Living in the future is impossible as it is yet to be.

What did I learn from my musings? I must live in the now. Enjoying each and every moment the EA Land still has in store for me, be it a day a year or a lifetime. I must appreciate the gift of each new day that I get to login and see my friends. I must appreciate the fact that my passion for TSO could have ended a year ago, and that each day since was a day I would not have had if Luc and his team had not gone to the effort to save the game, even if that effort is unsuccessful.

Here is a quote that fits my views: (full article here)

<blockquote><hr>

As human beings, we tend to waste our consciousness by living outside the present. In the run of the day, our thoughts are so often fixed upon either the past or the future, that the mind registers only a minimal amount of what is taking place in the 'now'. As a result of this tendency to function on autopilot, much of the wonder and beauty of life passes us by unnoticed. When we take the bus, for instance, we are more likely to spend the trip thinking about our destination than appreciating the passing scenery, even though we are gazing out the window. And how often do we find ourselves replaying the events of the day at the dinner table, mulling over 'what-ifs' and 'should-have-saids' as we chew and swallow our food absent mindedly? In fact, most of us are so intent on looking either forward or backward at life that we go through much of it as if in a dream, with a limited awareness of present reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I suggest that we change our collective viewpoint. We can learn to appreciate what we have right now knowing that everything could change at any given moment. No matter what happens we still have that moment in time to reflect on with immense pleasure.

I believe life is mostly a series of moments, its those moments that we remember and cherish later.

Remember life is what you make it and its not what happens to us that matters, its how we react to it. Live it to the fullest one moment at a time.

Thanks for reading.

Niki

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I've been living like there is no tomorrow since March 2004. This was the first date given to me by a roomie as a predicted day of doom, gloom and the end of TSO. Having practiced living in the moment for 4 years already, I am less affected by most here. Every day, I login , surround myself with others that are having fun and continue to play as I have always played.

A few people will drop by or send me IMs with their doom and gloom rumors, supsicions, feelings, whatever. I'm not sure if they are seeking comfort or confirmation of their worst fears. I can't confirm anything they dream up. And I'm really lousy at providing them comfort. I am still busy playing the game like there is no tomorrow. Seize the day!

This is a game. While I have had many goals in game throughout the years, one goal has remained constant. I'll be here until the lights go out, living day by day, having the same fun I've always had.

G

Words are power, and it would be great if everyone would remember that when they post.

I'm so happy to see at least a few members of our community are able to see that. Go forth and multiply!

G

<blockquote><hr>

The recent spat of negativity regarding the devs/future of the game has been getting to me.

Yesterday I took some time to really think this whole thing over. I realize that the some people may be right, we may not have a future in the game. I hope those people realize that the others who choose to believe in the future may be right.

The fact of the matter is the future is uncertain in any circumstance, not just EA Land. Anyone could get run over by a bus tomorrow, a natural disaster could stike half of us down anytime. On the other hand, any one of us could win the lottery or inherit a fortune from the aunt who got hit by a bus.

Many of us choose to live in the past. We rail against circumstance, never forget past injustices and generally refuse to get over things that hurt us. We may choose never move past a happy event, thinking we could never be that happy again so why bother.

Living in the past is useless, it cannot be changed. Living in the future is impossible as it is yet to be.

What did I learn from my musings? I must live in the now. Enjoying each and every moment the EA Land still has in store for me, be it a day a year or a lifetime. I must appreciate the gift of each new day that I get to login and see my friends. I must appreciate the fact that my passion for TSO could have ended a year ago, and that each day since was a day I would not have had if Luc and his team had not gone to the effort to save the game, even if that effort is unsuccessful.

<blockquote><hr>

As human beings, we tend to waste our consciousness by living outside the present. In the run of the day, our thoughts are so often fixed upon either the past or the future, that the mind registers only a minimal amount of what is taking place in the 'now'. As a result of this tendency to function on autopilot, much of the wonder and beauty of life passes us by unnoticed. When we take the bus, for instance, we are more likely to spend the trip thinking about our destination than appreciating the passing scenery, even though we are gazing out the window. And how often do we find ourselves replaying the events of the day at the dinner table, mulling over 'what-ifs' and 'should-have-saids' as we chew and swallow our food absent mindedly? In fact, most of us are so intent on looking either forward or backward at life that we go through much of it as if in a dream, with a limited awareness of present reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I suggest that we change our collective viewpoint. We can learn to appreciate what we have right now knowing that everything could change at any given moment. No matter what happens we still have that moment in time to reflect on with immense pleasure.

I believe life is mostly a series of moments, its those moments that we remember and cherish later.

Remember life is what you make it and its not what happens to us that matters, its how we react to it. Live it to the fullest one moment at a time.

Thanks for reading.

Niki

[/ QUOTE ]
Very nice, but.... (hey! you knew it was coming, right??? )

Being an advocate of 'balance', I would add; it's wise to remember that words, in and of themselves, are nothing more than an expression of love, hate, anger, happiness, etc.
So while a phrase may have a nice sound as it flows off the tongue, it is not *necessarily* an accurate reflection of the circumstance it is being used to describe. You need to know something of the character and personality of the speaker in order to judge it's appropriateness.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Niki's words (there's a lot of truth in them, IMO) - I'm just saying we should be careful about accepting anything at face value.

Yeah, yeah.... I know... "Hey Donavan!! RAZZBERRY - PPPFFFFFTTTT!!!"

G

There are optimists and pessimists no matter where you go, but I agree with Niki that life is what we make it. This IS just a game, should this game end tomorrow, life will go on. There has been so much negativity lately that perhaps its time to see some actual positive thinking. Its all a matter of how you look at the glass, is it half full or half empty, YOU make that choice, no one makes it for you. The people who are unhappy have and are entitled to their opinions, but why dampen the hopes and goals of others? Does it make the game play any better to recruit more to be unhappy?

So in keeping with what Niki said, live for the day, take whatever is given you today and enjoy it. The sun is shining, you woke up and were able to get out of bed, there are many people that cant say that, and people are having a fit over a game? When one door is closed a window is opened, so take time to see that and enjoy what you have!

Thank you for the post Niki, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

G

Well said.

Looks like some one else has gotten sick of the gloom and doom threads. I no longer even read them. They are pointless, redundant, and a wast of time.

*Lifts a mug to NikiKing*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well said.

Looks like some one else has gotten sick of the gloom and doom threads. I no longer even read them. They are pointless, redundant, and a wast of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been reading them to try to portray that there are people who strongly disagree with them, and in some cases just think they are flat full of.....beans *cough* but they have been affecting me much the way they have Niki, and from this post it seems you also, Joely, so I am going to follow your example and just let those threads hopefully die down to page 2 as quickly as they can. I've never thought that people didn't have a right to feel whatever way they do, even if it's negatively about something, it's just the expression of that negativity, knowing that it is detrimental to those around them that has bothered me so much. Telling them that hasn't made a difference, so that tells me that it doesn't matter (to them) so I'm just cheating myself out of a little bit of my own enjoyment every time I do it these days....therefore I need to do my best to stop doing it. I might be better at it some days than others, but that's what I'm gonna strive to do from this day forward

Thanks for this post Niki.....you are high on the list of people here that I respect and admire, and who I do go to when I am seeking comfort (as Gracie put it, but I hope you see that as a compliment that people would come to you for it
) and affirmation that the gloom and doom prophecies are not prophecies but merely theories. *big hugs*

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

Living in the moment is important. It is a central teaching in most major religions, not to mention a staple for greeting cards.

Criticism of the day is not a bad thing.

What are the little sayings? "Without rain we cannot appreciate the flowers," "The rose is no less sweet for having painful thorns," "without tears we have no appreciation of a smile," etc.

It is all well and good to celebrate the moment, and have it as a memory to provide strength in future, but someone has to think about tomorrow. Someone has to create the future. If the present sucks, bless the people who point it out so that tomorrow can be improved (IMO). Has progress ever resulted only from counting ones blessings?

I really think that running away from all negative thoughts in order to preserve the "now moment" is the entrance to purgatory and stagnation.

Personally, I want tomorrow to be even better than today.

Luc and his team certainly do not live in the now. We'd still be stuck in TSO if they did.

If you read something that you perceive as "negative" and it makes you uncomfortable, it is worthwhile to examine why that is. It is important to "the now."

G

The idea I got from reading that was that - while you shouldn't ignore the past and the future as if they don't exist, you shouldn't obsess over them either. The past is good for reminiscing, but reminicence isn't possible if you're still living in the past. It's also good to plan for the future, but be mindful that the future can change and that your plans may not be compatible with that change.<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Here! Here!

*lifts a mug to all of the City Hall moderators, as they cannot choose to not read the negativity, but still manage to keep it from killing them on the inside*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Living in the moment is important. It is a central teaching in most major religions, not to mention a staple for greeting cards.

What are the little sayings? "Without rain we cannot appreciate the flowers," "The rose is no less sweet for having painful thorns," "without tears we have no appreciation of a smile," etc.

It is all well and good to celebrate the moment, and have it as a memory to provide strength in future, but someone has to think about tomorrow. Someone has to create the future. If the present sucks, bless the people who point it out so that tomorrow can be improved (IMO). Has progress ever resulted only from counting ones blessings?

I really think that running away from all negative thoughts in order to preserve the "now moment" is the entrance to purgatory and stagnation.

Luc and his team certainly do not live in the now. We'd still be stuck in TSO if they did.

If you read something that you perceive as "negative" and it makes you uncomfortable, it is worthwhile to examine why that is. It is important to "the now."

[/ QUOTE ]
Very well put, Dali.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Very well put, Dali.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - felt like I was reading a page from Osho Zen, Dali lol...

Seriously lol.. It's true: We can live in the 'now' all we want - my dog reminds me of this all the time lol - but what we do in the 'now' may determine how our tomorrow will be. I want a good tomorrow, so the only way to determine, but not guarantee, this is by having a good 'now'...

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reading.

Niki

[/ QUOTE ]

well said nikki well said

G

Thats me, metaphysics is my philosphy in life. Its worked for me so far, I think it will continue to.

Attitude is what makes the now good, its impossible to have a good now while screaming in rage.

I

imported_Danny Dots

This is truly wonderful!

Everyone needs to be happy for what they have because at any moment it could be gone.

I

imported_CrazyGirl

What a wonderful thread, Niki. [brown nose off] (Not a sarcastic comment.)

I realized some things while going through my own experiences of losing TSO and trying to accept the new EA Land. We all have had different experiences, memories and feelings about our game. So, I'm not in any way trying to speak for everyone or put each personality in a box or even psychoanalyze any one person.

I believe that some of us are going through the Grief Process. Everyone grieves in their own way and I've noticed through my working experiences in real life, that the Stages of Grief some people go through are sometimes random and not by the book.

It depends on how passionate they felt about a particular change, or what triggered their feelings at any particular instance. Of course here, we are just words and some of us may not know exactly what their fellow gamer may be going through in real life, which may also have a huge impact on their grieving process.

<font color="blue">Short Summary: Some people may feel those that are passionate about this game are psycho and need a life. Thinking that does not make it a fact.</font>

Through the waves of emotions on Stratics, I've witnessed psychoanalyzing and putting groups of people feeling the same way in groups. Whether it be Optimist vs. Pessimist or Cheerleader vs. Negative Trolls, the community has had mention of the psyche in its fellow gamers.

I just wanted to mention that, there are some people hurting in other ways right now that you may or may not understand.

Stages of Grief:

[*]Denial
[*]Anger
[*]Bargaining
[*]Depression
[*]Acceptance

<font color="blue">Short Summary: Just because I'm a pessimist today, does not mean I will be tomorrow. It also doesn't mean that I want to see the game die.</font>

There are other personalities that like to forecast the future, so they can be better prepared for their next move. We don't call Weather Forecasters pessimists when they predict rain in the future. We don't call Economic Strategists pessiments when they predict a recession. Even with all the tools that the Weather Forecasters and Economic Strategists have, they are sometimes wrong. So, I pretty much take their information with a grain of salt. I do however prepare myself for their possible future prediction.

<font color="blue">Short Summary: You are the only one responsible for what you believe. Negative or positive of what you read, you are responsible for how you react.</font>

In conclusion, I believe this community could be great if we would stop trying to blame each other on how we feel. Whether it be positive, negative or at random. Whether you think this game gets taken too serious by your fellow gamers or you barely login. However indifferent you may feel at this junction in the game's progress. Try not to bash your fellow gamer in the head, they are still grieving, no matter how intense their feelings are or not. Realize, that they may never come to the Acceptance level that you are right now and take their negativity or even positivity with a grain of salt.

<font color="blue">Short Summary: Don't quit the game over someone elses opinion or let other's opinions bother you too much. Their predictions could be wrong. If the positive comments make you grind your teeth, just remember that they may be in the denial stage of grief.</font>

G

Another take on living in the now:

Animals live in the now. If they are traumatised they move on.
It's we humans who dwell on the past and have expectations about the future (for instance expectations of how the animal is feeling, how it will react and so on) and this energy keeps the animal from moving on. What we are feeling, our energy, becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
We are forcing our way on the animals, who would normally live in the now, and making them suffer more than they should.

The same way we are influencing each other.
Our collective negativity becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Living in the now is easy to say though, we say "everyone knows that, of course we should live in the now" but it's much harder to do than to say.

We should live in the now, but that's hard to do since it's such a wide term.
It's easier to break it down into small tasks, such as
- Experience what is happening right now
- Understand that everything you see, everything you do, is neutral. When it is processed by your brain it gets colored negative or positive. You have control over that process. Do not let your past experiences or fears of the future color it negative.
- Be a positive force in the world.
- Refuse to contribute to the negative.
- Live consiously.

If we all contribute to the negative here and in the game, that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thats me, metaphysics is my philosphy in life. Its worked for me so far, I think it will continue to.

Attitude is what makes the now good, its impossible to have a good now while screaming in rage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love how you think. Beautiful post.

I

imported_Spacey

Great thread Niki. And, Dali and CrazyGirl's comments are VERY well said! Thanks for sharing your insights.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Another take on living in the now:

Animals live in the now. If they are traumatised they move on.
It's we humans who dwell on the past and have expectations about the future (for instance expectations of how the animal is feeling, how it will react and so on) and this energy keeps the animal from moving on. What we are feeling, our energy, becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
We are forcing our way on the animals, who would normally live in the now, and making them suffer more than they should.

The same way we are influencing each other.
Our collective negativity becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Living in the now is easy to say though, we say "everyone knows that, of course we should live in the now" but it's much harder to do than to say.

We should live in the now, but that's hard to do since it's such a wide term.
It's easier to break it down into small tasks, such as
- Experience what is happening right now
- Understand that everything you see, everything you do, is neutral. When it is processed by your brain it gets colored negative or positive. You have control over that process. Do not let your past experiences or fears of the future color it negative.
- Be a positive force in the world.
- Refuse to contribute to the negative.
- Live consiously.

If we all contribute to the negative here and in the game, that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Living in the Now" means living with the realities of life; with all it's cuts and bruises, as well as it's flowers and kisses.
Sugar-coated platitudes are disappointments looking for a place to roost.

By all means enjoy the good stuff, but always be aware of the bad stuff that may be sneaking up on you.

I

imported_corpatortis

I think that people connecting live life quotes to TSO need a reality check. I'm sorry but this is a game not a lifestyle.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think that people connecting live life quotes to TSO need a reality check. I'm sorry but this is a game not a lifestyle.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a game played by real people - and wherever you go, so should your 'life-style' or rather your attitude and approach to life. I believe that is what Nikky was talking about.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a game played by real people - and wherever you go, so should your 'life-style' or rather your attitude and approach to life. I believe that is what Nikky was talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. The character I have RPed in some games really does not represent me. The motto of TSO used to be.. be somebody else. Not be who you are in real life and follow the same morals.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so if my life style is polygamy, I should protray that in tso too?

G

'Should' wasn't the right choice of words - no one 'should' do anything (I say) but it's funny how people, on line in general, talk about 'that's not really what I am like' and so on - point being; yes; you can roleplay if you want - but it will always portray something that is in you, because otherwise it wouldn't be there to surface.

And the talk was not really about who or what you play in TSO but rather the attitude people have on these boards and why. Most people live in the past or in the future - very few people are present in the 'now' - and yes; all this may be too much for some, being posted in a game-forum - but again; we are all human beings here and why not express ourselves?

I

imported_corpatortis

i understand that some people live in the "now" but if you need motivation quotes to get through your day of stratics posting.. you need to go out and see real life for what it is. if this game upsets me, i step away and exist.

so many people complain like their real life is dependent on this game. it's really sad. i'm not saying Niki is one of those people.. but if you need quotes to get you through your sim day.. idk..

G

<blockquote><hr>

i understand that some people live in the "now" but if you need motivation quotes to get through your day of stratics posting.. you need to go out and see real life for what it is. if this game upsets me, i step away and exist.

so many people complain like their real life is dependent on this game. it's really sad. i'm not saying Niki is one of those people.. but if you need quotes to get you through your sim day.. idk..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - I dont get people complaining over positive posts either - they must be really bored or something and need to get a life....

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Living in the Now" means living with the realities of life; with all it's cuts and bruises, as well as it's flowers and kisses.

By all means enjoy the good stuff, but always be aware of the bad stuff that may be sneaking up on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with you Donavan.
I don't think living in the now has any connection to "always being aware of the bad stuff that may be sneaking up on you".

If I am "aware" as you say, I am in a way expecting bad things to happen, based on my past experiences and my fears for what the future may hold. By doing this I am influencing those bad things to happen.

We are constantly communicating. Our body language and energy is communication on a sub concious level, and things we say or write on the boards is direct communication.
The things we communicate will influence others.

But it is difficult to explain what I mean, although I think there might be people who see these words and find something in there that is of use to them.
There will also be a lot of people who consider it to be mindless drivel.
It's all in the way you read it, and where you are personally.

I

imported_julilyn

so....every now and then Donavan will pop up with something superbraney like this:

Being an advocate of 'balance', I would add; it's wise to remember that words, in and of themselves, are nothing more than an expression of love, hate, anger, happiness, etc.
So while a phrase may have a nice sound as it flows off the tongue, it is not *necessarily* an accurate reflection of the circumstance it is being used to describe. You need to know something of the character and personality of the speaker in order to judge it's appropriateness.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Niki's words (there's a lot of truth in them, IMO) - I'm just saying we should be careful about accepting anything at face value.

and it scares the hell outta me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with you Donavan.
I don't think living in the now has any connection to "always being aware of the bad stuff that may be sneaking up on you".

If I am "aware" as you say, I am in a way expecting bad things to happen, based on my past experiences and my fears for what the future may hold. By doing this I am influencing those bad things to happen.

We are constantly communicating. Our body language and energy is communication on a sub concious level, and things we say or write on the boards is direct communication.
The things we communicate will influence others.

But it is difficult to explain what I mean, although I think there might be people who see these words and find something in there that is of use to them.
There will also be a lot of people who consider it to be mindless drivel.
It's all in the way you read it, and where you are personally.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am aware that you don't agree. That is your priviledge.
But, to ignore the negative possibilities means not preparing for them, and lack of preparation can be devastating.
Don't, for a single moment, believe that "Bad things don't happen to nice people." There is little in life that we have complete control over - other people's decisions and actions *do* have an influence on our lives - sometimes a very important influence, and it's not always 'positive'.
Accepting the possibilities, recognizing the potential, and preparing for the unexpected, can often lessen the impact.
Look at the world around you - it is filled with sleazeballs who are more than happy to take advantage of that "nice kid", "nice couple", "nice old lady", etc.
I'm not saying lock yourself up in your house and hide away - just take a few precautions.
An umbrella in the rain is better than nothing. (which doesn't exist, according to Dali.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

so....every now and then Donavan will pop up with something superbraney like this:

and it scares the hell outta me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Its all a matter of how you look at the glass, is it half full or half empty,

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on what's in it - if it's beer, then the glass is full empty.

Well, y'all know what I mean.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Its all a matter of how you look at the glass, is it half full or half empty,

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on what's in it - if it's beer, then the glass is full empty.

Well, y'all know what I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I agree... When I'm out for drunk night, once I see my drink getting half empty I tell the waitress to plz bring me another... that way there is no stall time in between drinks. I'm very big on time management.

Now... I would like to get back to the topic, but I don't know wtf it is.

Living in the now... seems a bit serious for TSO. I've always "lived in the now" when it came to playing a game b/c ... well now is all I have time for...

I don't think about things 5 years from now when it comes to gaming. Never have. I never see myself playing a game passed this one moment b/c well... life happens and games are recreation and hobbies, they are not an extension of life. And life should not be lived for them, either now or in planning.

Am I missing the point? Probably.

But Donovan said beer.

G

Wonderful and powerful words. Least, I'm not only one here now that think this. thanks.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reading.

Niki

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only think of one word to describe your post ..FANTASTIC!!!!

G

Unfortunately I am an optimist. There are too many pessimists in the world as it is. There's nothing wrong with hoping for the best but keeping your feet firmly grounded and seeing the reality along with the wishful thinking. I'm going out and doing other things in real life rather than playing the game right now simply because I really HATE trying to make any money with the low payouts. I have my rose-colored glasses on and hanging on to my optimism that the devs are busily working on the amnesty and whatever else seems to be going on that we don't know about. If the game goes down the tube, well then.... I'll have to get a life!

I

imported_CherryBomb

The only problem with "Living in the Now" is that you will wake up tomorrow morning and realize that you have spent your whole life living in what is now the past.

CherryBomb

G

<blockquote><hr>

The only problem with "Living in the Now" is that you will wake up tomorrow morning and realize that you have spent your whole life living in what is now the past.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]
Just 'waking up' tomorrow morning will be a fairly positive beginning to the day.

G

All this makes me wonder, like the saying " tomorrow never comes".
Does it?, lets wait til tomorrow and see if it does.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it doesn't. Cuz when it gets here it's "today".

G

My mom likes to tell about a bar she used to frequent in her youth that had a sign in the window that said "free beer tomorrow". Infrequent patrons could never undersatand why when they came back the next day there was no free beer!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I knew you were going to say that.
But what if you think back to having said that yesterday, does today then become tomorrow.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is like the nothing principle, which I tried to explain yesterday.

I'll see if Stephen Hawking will post.

Tomorrow.

G

And if tomorrow never comes, then next week, next month, year, century and so on never comes.
Hell there goes my future.

G

The only future we will ever be able to speak of with accuracy is the past....and not always then.