• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Live Events 2008!

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Warriors of Destiny
Tim Cotten
11 Apr 2008 16:00:55 EST

By now, many of you may have noticed the new banner splashing across the top of the uo.com site, Live Events 2008! I’m especially excited about our plans for this year, and even more so about the event arc we’ve just begun: Warriors of Destiny.

Based off the contents of Ultima V, in which Britannia and the Virtues are utterly betrayed, this event arc ties together many threads from our past and forges a future where order and chaos are pitted once more against each other. Old and new enemies alike are reaching out to ensure Britannia meets her fate.

Everyone will be free to choose their alignments, and I’m sure the loyal Warriors of Destiny won’t be the only group to be titled for their deeds…
Hard to believe this is supposed to be the year of Live Events. Hopefully the devs will make up for it in the next 2 months, but I'm seriously doubting it.

D

Der Rock

Hard to believe this is supposed to be the year of Live Events. Hopefully the devs will make up for it in the next 2 months, but I'm seriously doubting it.
u have to consider the following:
in the business world, over 50% of success is psychology
u have to set the expectations at a high level, if it ends all on a lower level, who cares, the company got his fee,and hold the customer base still paying.

;)

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They got rid of the EM program for weekly events, that turned out to be 3-monthly events.

T

Trevelyan

I for one appreciate the current state of affairs. With any luck, I wont have to reactivate my accounts before I finish my Uni course next year, since there wouldn't be too much happening. If there was more happening, I would have far less time devoted to my work.

K

Kratos Aurion

I just dont like long, drug out events that fall over the course of months. This is inevitably due to the developers lack of a storyline/arc and are probably building it as we go. I would rather have EM events that have a developed story that last a few hours vs wasting months of my time waiting ot figure out what the hell is happening. I just lose total interest. At least we get nice pixel crack.

Hell I'd rather have a development team that creates weekly stories that progress at a certain time period each day for about 2 hrs. That would give everyone a chance to participate and create small, reasonable, understadable stories that we can actually follow. Pixel crack could be similar to what we had during EM events. It would just be more thought out and constructed and built for everyones participation pleasure.

Z

Ziane

Hell I'd rather have a development team that creates weekly stories that progress at a certain time period each day for about 2 hrs.
Not so great for those of us who play a shard based in a different time zone though... :)

Zi

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What/when WAS the last event, anyway? It was that Bizzaro-Moonglow wasn't it? Or was it that crap that spawned in Cove? How long ago was that?

Spawning some garbage in the game's most abandoned city is a pretty weak event in any case.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had the Melissa event that was totally cool, but that seems like ages ago.

C

canary

Yeah, the 'Live Events' idea is totally like buying a lemon.

Color me disappointed.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems they are trying to do way too much. There is a lot they could do without creating a bunch of new stuff and players would be happy. Event Moderators put on events without having to have something new added every week.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We seem to have an event once every hundred years, the plot makes NO sense even when someone bothers to find it, and Draconi thinks being vague about things builds some sort of tension for some reason.

"Oh yes, everything will be revealed! Muaha!" without adding "Six months to a year from now when nobody remembers or cares what was going on in the first place."

L

Lady Kiara

Well according to Jeremy in the UO Town Meeting There should be more content and publishes in a timly manner...She is well aware of the fact that when new content is placed the player base is high and every one is happy.

And she also goes on to say that she is aware that when there is no publish of any content that the player base goes way down.That we get bored fast in other words..And they don't want that to happen.They are going to try to solve this problem fast *crosses fingers* But most of the dev team is working on SA so it is tuff at the moment.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not think it is possible to really have a steady stream of quality live events in Ultima Online without seers/EMs.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heck, I would LOVE to see another GM controlled white wyrm spawn up in Trinsic or wherever. That was some fun stuff right there! It didnt take much and we all had an absolute blast beating the crap out of him.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We used to get new, small content every Friday night, without EMs or seers. It might not have been much, but certainly way better than what we have now. And I can't imagine it would take much manpower to get this accomplished.

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What/when WAS the last event, anyway? It was that Bizzaro-Moonglow wasn't it? Or was it that crap that spawned in Cove? How long ago was that?

Spawning some garbage in the game's most abandoned city is a pretty weak event in any case.
Agreed. Not only are there next to no events, the few events we have had in the last year consisted of destroying various iconic places in Ultima Online. I realize the devs couldn't care less, since it's not really their UO anyway, and destroying it is fun for them. But I do care. I'd rather have the real Magincia back than another boring invasion.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems they are trying to do way too much. There is a lot they could do without creating a bunch of new stuff and players would be happy. Event Moderators put on events without having to have something new added every week.
You are right, but i think they are missing the manpower, in my eyes there must be two teams, one for main publish sheudle and one for Events (small fixed one). But this must not be a year maybe a half or three months are enoguh. Then a half year they make a break and comming on with new event stuff, after that. But i think there must be a continious storyline, not 3 months break, then a bit and again 3 months break.