• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little help please!

• Thread starter killer instinct
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
K

killer instinct

I recently just bought a new computer. I've installed UO on it, and have all the same setting set as my old one....to my knowledge at least. My old computer ran on windows XP though, and this new one is on windows 7.

My problem is I seem to come to a stop when running or walking in UO. It only lasts a second or two, but it happens often. The really strange part is it's just my character coming to a stop, nothing else around me. Players and NPC all move around on my screen while I'm stuck in place. This is very annoying, and can be troublesome when pvping.

Does anyone know what's causing this for me? has anyone else had this problem?

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can others confirm you are indeed stopping or are you moving normal to them and only on your screen ?

K

killer instinct

Yeah , others can see my characters come to a brief stop, then go again. I checked my packetloss in comd promt and it's 0%....

I dunno what's going on here!

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah , others can see my characters come to a brief stop, then go again. I checked my packetloss in comd promt and it's 0%....

I dunno what's going on here!
the odd part is everything on the screen is moving but you stall.

few things come to mind; check disk, page file and sfc /scannow.
also check task manager/processes to see if another program is stealing cpu
cycles and competing with UO.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
During this 1 sec, do your macros still work? Does double click still work?

Could be the client not receiving commands from the mouse. Go into options and find the "run mouse in a separate thread" option and toggle it to see if it works.

Also, if macros and double click works, test the hardware. Specifically the right mouse button. Right click an empty spot on your windows desktop, then drag with the right mouse button across the screen. You'll see a selection box. Don't release the button and see if the selection disappears. If so it means your PC detected that the rmb was released.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I occasionally see this on my 3+ year old Windows XP system, so it's not a Win7 issue.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One other thing you may try.

My wife has taken over our desktop at home to play "Farmville". I bought her a new Desktop for Christmas, haven't even installed UO on it so I didn't know it was slow untill she was complaning obout it sometimes just coming to a stop (her Farmer Icon that is).

I played with the security settings (Win 7) and with a few minor adjustments, it's no longer freezing on screen the way it was. Could be those sucurity settings on Win 7 are causing you problems as well.

Good Luck ;)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id also check proper mouse drivers are installed and that your mouse is properly connected, and that batteries have power (if wireless)

sound like an input issue to me, of game not registering you want to move while the game dont actually freeze, this can be caused by a variety of issues.

tho i never had a problem like this.

question: if CC do your char freeze in a run pose? if so its a connection trouble, of not being able to transmit packets properly while no issue recieving them.