• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little guide to "Spring Cleaning"

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am also very grateful for Orvago's recommendation in the sticky "Welcome to UHall"-thread.:) Thank you very much, Orvago.
My pleasure, least I could do for the acknowledgment of such great knowledge and those who share it. Many thanks indeed!

*Orvago smiles and nods*

N

Nenime

... great knowledge and those who share it...
That's why I love Stratics UO community. The knowledge is immense and so is the willing to share it. Here you find answers for every possible question (and only very few trolls :p). I would be very happy if I have provided a useful information in return.

N

Nenime

FYI (for your information) about Mouse Holes

A Note On Mouse Holes
Jeremy Dalberg
14 Jul 2008 17:28:59

If you place a mouse hole on top of another mouse hole, the void thus created shatters the stability of the local reality metaframework and the holes will be removed to an orthagonal dimension.

In other words, don't stack two mouse holes on top of one another or they will go poof!

N

Nenime

Pub 54 Update (collection related topics bold)

All Shards to be Published
Jeremy Dalberg
15 Jul 2008 16:52:14

All shards will be published with the following during their next regular maintenance:
  • Archery Buttes should now be useable when placed
  • Blue players are no longer able to heal faction members in Felucca
  • Event Quest items such as Bloodied Parchment, Soggy Parchment and the Note from Casca are now blessed so players can not lose them
  • Melissa’s Cloak can no longer be used as Powder of Fortification
  • Corroded boxes will no longer get stuck on the ground when opened outside of a backpack
  • Issue was fixed with the Mouseholes so they can be axed to deed form.
  • Guards will not be aggressive to newly tamed pets in town nor will newly tamed pets be ignored by mobs
  • Yonns will now accept Mininova Wands, Jaana’s Hangover Cure, Pink Champagne and the 300th Anniversary Coins
  • Yonns will no longer accept House Decoration Tools

N

Nenime

News Update:

After two weeks without any useful information on FoF or elsewhere, now it's sad but true: The end of this collection is announced firmly. On Town Hall Meeting yesterday they confirmed August as termination date. Further information will follow soon. They (offical team) want to give out a two week pre-announcement before shutting down. I hope to hear what will happen to the unredeemed points and if the collection will continue at a future date (alike the Tokuno Arti event).

Log of Town Hall Meeting from July 26, 2008 (Many thanks to those who logged the speech.)
I will add an offical link (to uo.com) as soon as I find the record there.

N

Nenime

News Update from FoF August 8, 2008

"When is Spring Cleaning going to end?"

Consider this your two-week notice - we're currently shooting to turn Spring Cleaning off the third week of August. (It's tied to the publish, though, so if that gets delayed for any reason, you'll get more time to sweep those last few corners.)

When we turn it off, what will happen is the NPCs that currently accept items and hand out tickets will go away. The reward box that accepts tickets and gives prizes will stick around for a while longer to give everyone a chance to use up their points.

What's To Come:

We're firmly stuck in that time-between-publishes that everyone loves so much. The current plan is for Publish 55 to hit TC next week, but this is a good weekend to work on any Spring Cleaning collection you've been putting off, gardeners may want to lay in extra supplies of fertile dirt (the new plant types are up to 15 now, not 10!) and the more martial among us should be certain to polish their weapons and perfect their spells - while there is a lull in the battle right now, the war is not yet over...
So chop-chop, my fellow Spring Collectors! :)

N

Nenime

News update: from FoF August 15, 2008

What's To Come:

There's been a bit of a change in the schedule. In order to make sure everything that is going in to Publish 55 is as good as it can be, we're delaying it by about two more weeks and rolling the content from Publish 56 in with it. This means that you do have an extra couple of weeks to finish up any Spring Cleaning you need to do, and we'll be giving more details out as we get the last kinks worked out. I've seen what is coming, and I can say with confidence that it's going to be worth the wait.
Woohoo :danceb:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More time to turn in tickets...... so much to do in so little time:)

N

Nenime

More time to turn in tickets...... so much to do in so little time:)
Right! My Bard starts complaining that I don't care about him anymore ;) Ok, kiddo, I'll take you to Destard. But don't wail if the Dragons do hurt you, ok?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have those complains. My "family" works on a rotation schedule.
A hour for warrior in Hytloth, fencer/archer in despise on Titans and Cyclopses,Tamer in shame on Blood Eles and Elder Gazers and Bard in Despise on Ogre Lords.

They know if they complain they will be send to Scorpio the Necro/Poisoner/Mage who takes care of the Aquariums and he will make them sleep with the fish! ;)

N

Nenime

News Update from FoF September 5, 2008

"What's the status of Spring Cleaning?"

As of Publish 55, you will no longer be able to hand in items to get tickets. (The NPCs will be gone.) However, the collection box will still be there and you can turn in tickets and redeem points for rewards. We'll warn you before that goes away!
Pub 55 is on TC1. I think we can expect that it will go live worldwide in the next week.

N

Nenime

News Update:

Publish 55 to All Shards
Jeremy Dalberg
09 Sep 2008 17:20:45

Publish 55 will be published to all shards during their next regular maintenance (for the Japanese shards, we just missed them - it'll get published there during tomorrow's maintenance.)

To see the full Publish 55 notes, click here
Err... so much for "few days". On Drachenfels the Turn-in traders are already gone (but the chest is still there). All 'delayed' shards have fun with the last remaining hours. :)

N

Nenime

Just a heads-up: I looked for the chest on TC 1, as I did before on Retribution, and it's gone. So I guess these are the very last days to claim your reward(s) if you have any tickets left.

*Note (Sept. 15): The chest is still ingame unless you update with Stygian Abyss Expansion.