• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] !!! List of current Enhanced Client bugs !!!

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just realized that I have never posted in this thread. This thread has been bookmarked in my Firefox for a long time. I know it seems like we haven't made much progress on the new client as of late. But sometimes other things have to take priority over improving the Enhanced Client. Never fear, we are still committed to one day making this the client of choice for the majority of our users. We've actually found some time to work on it recently. Expect some improvements in the coming publishes.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also has anyone noticed when pvping or doing a spwan after a wile when i move ur mouse off of the game play area to a hot bar it lags the game terrably and sometimes the screen goes black and at the top u get a not responding then the game window comes back, it seems to lag when moving the mouse from game window to hot bar area and back. also some times when draging a players bar it gets stuck in the mouse and u cant drop the bar it moves around with the mouse.
Mr Crabs, we've seen reports of this elusive bug before. We've never actually been able to reproduce it in house. Which drives me crazy cause if I don't know how to cause the issue, I don't know where to begin to fix it. :(

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are getting ready to do another push on fixes for the Enhanced client. I'd like to try and gather some more information on some of the items noted here:

• Some spell sounds have 3 times the normal volume in PvM battles (Reveal Spell).
What other spells besides Reveal have this problem?​

• When a player casts Earthquake, the screen shakes for all players in the vicinity. The screen shaking is a little too strong, and there should be an option to toggle it off.
We have since turned this effect down. Is it still too much?​

• Some objects have their own lighting effects, like camp fires, lava pits or the glowing runes. These lighting effects have an offset (the glow appears a few tiles away from the object).

• Several spells (moongate, field spells) have overlapping 2D and 3D effects, which looks just wrong.
What other objects have this problem? Providing locations in the world will also help. We have to fix this individually for each type of object.​

• Character often is not where the character graphics appear, but one tile beside it. When casting a spell or going into war mode, the character jumps one tile, which even can be on locked down items in a house.

• Gloves and sleeves become invisible. Restarting the client can solve this for a short amount of time.

• House customization issues with the Enhanced Client. (E.g., staircase is not displayed in design mode although it is placed.)

• The key bindings of many hotbar macros are not displayed in the tooltips when you move your mouse over it.
Is there any way to accurately reproduce these? Or do they just happen randomly?​

• Sometimes, when you drag items too fast, you cannot pick up any item anymore ("You cannot pick that up") until you log off and back on.

• When you open options or config dialogs from the hotbar (e.g. assign hotkey, target submenu), they are placed outside the game window when the hotbar is located next to the windows border.

• There is no snow weather effect in the SA Client.
Are these still occurring?​

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the quick and useful responses. Keep up the good information.

Also I want to make sure you guys know, this upcoming publish will have some fixes for the EC but the majority of this push will be reflected in the next publish.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This bug is from items that don't really exist. Empty your pack and then look at the numbers of items displayed when mousing over the pack. There will still be items in there.

You will need to have a GM remove and replace your pack. I've had this done to three characters now, and the response time was fairly swift.
This one should be fixed in the coming publish. This is also handled on an item by item basis, so we'll be keeping an eye out once the publish is out.

Please implement the pathfinding/auto-walking mode option, so that we can disable auto-walking.
Toggles for these are currently being tested. Look for it in the coming patch.

Thanks for the information everyone has been providing so far!

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, we doubled the mouse buffer size as well, so inputs from the mouse don't get flushed out too quickly during a spike. It looks good from here, but it's a matter of how it works out for you guys.

There's another bug that will be fixed that puts you into auto-run if you let go of the right mouse button over an interface element such as the hotbar or your container.

Both of these will be included in the coming patch.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked into this 1:1 zooming thing. There is no fixed value that can be applied for all resolutions used by the client. The next best thing is to save the zoom across play sessions so that it doesn't need to be re-tweaked every time after login. If it passes testing, it should be good for this coming patch.

Conflag sound effect fix will require a publish and will be in, in this coming one as well.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Already read in the other thread and noted.

As for the fixed 1:1 camera setting, there's no fixed value that can be used because the value is different for all resolutions. The next best thing at the moment is to have the zoom setting preserved across play sessions, which is currently does now.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why my reply lost... can you save one more digit after decimal point to store values like 16.486
Sure, I'll adjust it to save out to four decimal places. Probably won't see it until the patch that comes with Pub66.5.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two new bugs i have found out and confirmed:

• The paperdoll closes when a player enters or reenters the party.
  • When you dismount and mount up again, the bag closes. After this the runebooks in the hotbars are greyed out and unusable.
The first issue will be fixed in the next patch.

As for the second issue, which mount are you using? And are you talking about your main backpack? I've tried the internal builds of the client, as well as the current version you guys are using and I'm not seeing any problems.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh okay i could reproduce it better now, you dismount, close the backpack, you open it again and use your etheral dropped in the hotbar to mount up, then the backpack closes and all things in the hotbars are greyed out, after opening the backpack all things are recounted expect the runebooks.
That did it, thanks. We'll look into what's going on.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we just got pub 66.2
not publish 66.5
Still hope this happens tho.
Nah, 66.2 was the targeted publish. I said 66.5 at the time because I thought that was the next publish number. Sorry for the confusion there. Anyway, the decimal place shifting for zoom settings will have to be for Pub67. It couldn't go through the QA process in time due to the handful of other things they needed to test first.