lil help please what to farm with mage/tamer?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
A

Asanbosam

hey all im just coming back to game after a long while I have a mage/tamer with a cu sidhe.. what can i farm for gold where should i go ? trying to save up building my sampire just need money for all the scrolls .... any ideas any bosses i can take down that will have drops anything will help thanks ...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com
hey all im just coming back to game after a long while I have a mage/tamer with a cu sidhe.. what can i farm for gold where should i go ? trying to save up building my sampire just need money for all the scrolls .... any ideas any bosses i can take down that will have drops anything will help thanks ...
Do you have the Stygian Abyss expansion? If so, my favorite place to farm is the mini-champs in the Abyss.

A

Asanbosam

lol funny u just said that i was just down there killing fairy dragons and servants poped up and got me seems pretty good though

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com
lol funny u just said that i was just down there killing fairy dragons and servants poped up and got me seems pretty good though
Yeah, some of the mini-champs are more difficult than others. That particular one isn't the easiest, hehe. Nevertheless, aside from the considerable gold on the creatures, the essences and other ingredients (e.g., demon claws, goblin blood, etc.) sell for quite a bit. Moreover, there is a chance for artifact drops there. Using my necro/mage/tamer, I have made tens of millions from looting gold and essences in the Abyss.

A

Asanbosam

necro mage tamer? whats you template if you dont mind - im running a mage tamer/ whats the differance

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com
We've been talking about it here: http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-warrior/253772-popular-pvm-pvp-templates.html.

Basically, where you have eval and possibly resist, my template has necro and spirit speak. I would say that the mage/tamer is more versatile, but the necro/mage/tamer has an advantage at champs due to wraith form and area attacks. Nevertheless, I think that your template should be just fine.

L

lancelot99

What champ can you do with tamer there?

Went there - undead (no chance, skelly mages and liches = few flamestrikes and i'm dead, then pet dies)

Tried the giant spider there, but some Sammy got offended that i dared take part in the champ spawn and started to fill the screen with abuse !!

P

pgib

There are two parts of the champ: the spawn and the champion.

You can work out most of the spawns (but for sleeping dragon, the two in abyss and maybe twisted glade) but the only champion you can solo as a tamer without going completely mad is barracoon (ratmen).

Mephitis (spiders) is probably the worst.

For the undeads just try not to get too many spellcasters on your greater dragon (as we lizardmen say: take the dog if you want to play fresbee): note that to advance the spawn you don't need to engage ten mobs at the same time, you just have to keep killing and the undeads go down very fast if you take them one per time. Also try to not get caught in the middle of the battle field when the spawn goes to the next level because with lichs death is granted if you're on feet.

Wear a suite with good resistances and a mage weapon if you can, don't be afraid of jumping in the gang to use bandages on your scaled friend and hide a lot.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com
What champ can you do with tamer there?

Went there - undead (no chance, skelly mages and liches = few flamestrikes and i'm dead, then pet dies)

Tried the giant spider there, but some Sammy got offended that i dared take part in the champ spawn and started to fill the screen with abuse !!
I just do a round robin--start with fire, move to goblin, second fire, undead, acid, then head back down and restart the circuit. Undead is a little harder, because my cu does cold damage and my wither does cold damage, which most of the undead have high resistance to. The other ones go pretty fast, though.

Just take your time. Once you get to the upper level mobs and renowned creatures, lead one away at a time.