• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Level 6 maps

• Thread starter Beastmaster
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Beastmaster

OK, here's something I haven't seen discussed and may be an area of concern. How will we get level 6 maps for Tokuno? Which mob will drop them? Where are the paragons in Tokuno? See where I'm going with this?

Now these questions are based on Petra's chart which shows level 6's only coming on certain paragon mobs and on a post in one thread which says maps found in a facet, when decoded, are for that same facet. There are some exceptions, like Miasma, which should provide some Malas maps, but are there others?

There will have to be more mobs besides paragons in order to have level 6 maps in all the facets or they will be restricted to Malas and Ilshenar.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a very good question. The only way I can see getting them is inside a level 5 treasure chest, if the map happens to be one level higher. On all my tests on test center, I never got a map one level higher, so it will be pretty rare.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need someone on Test or Origin to go get a selection of chests off Miasma and open them.

Oh I did get a couple of level higher maps, in fact I just pulled a level 5 out of a level 4 chest while testing this barding problem that's been discovered.

B

Beastmaster

I was just reading this from the Statics paragon description:

If the creature normally has a chance to carry a treasure map it will have a 1 in 10 chance of also carrying a special treasure chest one level higher. This treasure chest will be one of 11 special colors and its name will show which Paragon it was recovered from. The chest will be locked and trapped like normal treasure chests of the same difficulty, but it can be moved around and even put into your backpack. Inside the chest will be about 20% of the gold, gems and magic items of a normal treasure chest of the same level and in addition to that, a treasure map one level higher than the level of the chest.
That makes it sound like a paragon of a creature which normally has a level 4 map would have a level 5 chest and that the map inside the chest would be level 6. I don't think that was the intention of the author. The chest and the map would both be 5's correct?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, I think whoever wrote that was a bit confused. I admit I've not looked at things I believed didn't need updating. I'll see if I can clarify it.

B

Beastmaster

I dont think, that lvl 6 maps should be too common.
I don't think they will be, once the hoarded ones are gone.

I just went to Ilshenar and found a nice quiet spot to farm for level 6 maps. I killed 153 normal creatures and 9 paragon versions. Of the 9 paragons I got 2 maps and 0 chests, so I got 0 level 6 maps. That was probably a little over 2 hours of farming.