• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Letter From the Former Governor of Vesper

Vivian Fellows

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Cross Posted from the Tribune:

From the desk of the Marquis of Vesper, Matthias O'Hare:

To my fellow citizens of Vesper, as well as fellow Britannians,

I perhaps should have written this letter for all to see rather than upon the Vesper bulletin board on the side of the bank before my departure.

My resignation comes with a heavy heart, but I can no longer support the Council in it's current form. With the latest Voting Act, the King and his advisers have sought to take away the votes of 85% of the loyal citizenry of the Kingdom of Britannia.

There was no investigation into me or my family. The O'Hare family has a long history of service to the Kingdom in the region. There were no accusations of corruption nor were any illegal taxes proposed upon the general populace of the city.

The statements brought before the Council by Magnus Grey were withdrawn. It is not like any of us have ever been confused and I hope all can sympathize with an old war horse such as him. Many years of having his head pounded upon during the run of battle should give him a pass once in a while.

I have worked diligently over the past three months to provide as much of the funding for the trade deals as needed. If I could, I would like to take a moment to acknowledge NightStriker for providing a very generous amount of the donations.

But it was also about more than just donations. When the campaign started for the Second Council of the King, I remember the challenge being issued by one of the candidates, Thorreain of New Magincia. He challenged all of us to do more in order to invigorate the cities. I have no illusions that we still have a far way to go, but I believe we have taken the step in the direction of answering the challenge.

Much has been accomplished this term: the Halloween Costume Contest & Loot House Drop, the Bone Drop Houses in Moonglow and Britain, the Haunting of Britain Quest, the Harvest Festival, champ spawns organized by Minoc, and the defense of the cities organized by Yew. All of this has been organized and carried out by your current batch of Governors.

While my resignation means I will not be seeking election to the Third Council of the King, I hope that all of you will consider voting for your incumbents if they choose to run again. They are a great group and are eager to continue creating more events and expanding the citizenry of Britannia.

May the Virtues be with you,
Matthias O'Hare
Marquis of Vesper

Last edited: