• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's try again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ruffles

Our last PvP discussion post since they closed the PvP thread lasted for record amount of time before it was closed, and rightly so.

Shall we try again?

First, please go and read the Rules of Conduct.
http://vboards.stratics.com/faq.php

Done reading? Good. Let's see if we go even longer.

Since War and I were having discussions in the previouly locked thread, hopefully the mods will let us carry on here, provided we do not break the rules.

First let me explain the comment in post #71

"Awwww War Ultima...methinks your nose is way out of joint from so much tweaking it. :p" That is my way of saying that my posts seem to be annoying you.

You mentioned that English is not your native language. That explains why at times I have difficulty understanding some of your posts. Would you mind if I ask you to clarify something I don't undertstand? You are also welcome to ask me to clarify posts of mine you don't understand. I do commend you for making the effort to learn a language that is foreign to you.

From post #74
"I like UO especially a group of you cussing at me in game after I cheapshot someone and ruffles many people were pissed when I stated you (that's why I know you worth 1 point) you should be glad. No one else in cop but you are that concerned about protecting your guild from things that they are not supposed to know."

If you cheapshot someone, is it really a surprise you get cussed at? Some COP cuss, some do not. I am in the group that doesn't. I expect to get killed while PvP'ing so it doesn't really bother me all that much. Yes, most the time I am only worth 1 point to kill. I am squishy and die a lot. I still have loads of fun. As for being concerned about protecting my guild? Most of the members are very capable of protecting the guild...I do not worry about that.

From post #74 :

"Apperently you are not happy enough to keep pas member who likes pvp in your guild. You are not happy for others to prove your points false with physical proves while you have nothing but "I believe" and "I think". Let us keep chars in COP and plz don't kick PAß members in your guild that wants to experience pvp. Its a game you should be happy, don't do things to hurt those people's feeling by kicking them."

You are correct in that I do not want a member of an enemy guild, PAS included. It is a conflict of interest and against the rules of my guild. If you cannot follow the guild rules of COP, then you shouldn't be in COP. If a PAS member wants to experience PVP, they can learn thru some of the other PAS members that are experienced, such as Sickshine. With regards to COP, they can leave PAS and join COP. COP is a great teaching guild. I say this from personal experience. I have learned more in COP how to PVP, than in any other guild.

As for me being not happy that others prove my points false...hmmm.
First you have to prove them false. So far, you haven't. Regardless. I am usually a very happy person and someone proving my points false, does not make me unhappy. When others give what they know and see, it adds to the total picture.

For example: Let's go back to that Harry I participated in where PAS was helping SCAM. I know what I saw. SCAM did not kill PAS. It was my assumption that SCAM had called in PAS to help. Okay, you say that SCAM did not call in PAS. For the sake of argument I will believe what you say. Until you said that, I assumed SCAM had called in PAS. By you saying no they did not...it added to the total picture. That is the only raid that I participated in. Any others I cannot comment on because I was not there and therefore cannot add to the total picture. Understand?

When I say..."I think" or I believe" it is because I realize I am seeing the situation from my perspective and drawing conclusions based on what I see. I very seldom say this is the way things are, unless I KNOW they are a fact.

War...Let's try to keep this post going ok? I think we can discuss PVP without violating the Rules of Conduct. This goes for anyone that wishes to discuss PvP. Agreed?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question for you Ruffles..... 1:00 am Thurday night.. (Technically Fri )..... Why did all 8 COP just log out within 20 sec of each other? I logged on at 12:40. and all hells is breaking lose at the gate... 7-8 blues vs 8 orange COP. 2 Trap / Gank attempts Fail on me... you know.. the kind where outta no where you dismount me and Ruff + Calisto Archer + My own Stupidity + NoMercy + Selk all rush out from between the "choke point" of the small houses that COP loves... Anyway.. you guys left all those "horrible" blues borred at the gate.... You were all fighting there for quite awhile before I showed up so I just have to assume the possibility <quite likely actually> of me stating someone wasn't something you guys could stomach..... so you choked it up for a few minutes & since you dind't want a fight you might lose you all logged..... Anyway.. who made the call? Calisto? Ruff? hmm.. one of those 2 me thinks..

Hmm... you know it just occurred to me... Since COP tactics ALL start with Dismount... have you guys short handed that word yet? Is it perhaps

"D-Mount him!" now??? or maybe "Dis him.... Dis him!"... or maybe you finally just made it a given so any target called is to be dismounted by everyone until successful?? :blushing:

Sadly.... in any 1 on 1 a dismount is near pointless bc you both end up on foot & no advantage is gained... Wow #'s are a glorious thing aren't they? Matter of Fact the only people I can think of in COP that are effectively dismounters are the parry mages who's job it is to heal them... go figure..

Ah well. night all.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question for you Ruffles..... 1:00 am Thurday night.. (Technically Fri )..... Why did all 8 COP just log out within 20 sec of each other? I logged on at 12:40. and all hells is breaking lose at the gate... 7-8 blues vs 8 orange COP. 2 Trap / Gank attempts Fail on me... you know.. the kind where outta no where you dismount me and Ruff + Calisto Archer + My own Stupidity + NoMercy + Selk all rush out from between the "choke point" of the small houses that COP loves... Anyway.. you guys left all those "horrible" blues borred at the gate.... You were all fighting there for quite awhile before I showed up so I just have to assume the possibility <quite likely actually> of me stating someone wasn't something you guys could stomach..... so you choked it up for a few minutes & since you dind't want a fight you might lose you all logged..... Anyway.. who made the call? Calisto? Ruff? hmm.. one of those 2 me thinks..

Hmm... you know it just occurred to me... Since COP tactics ALL start with Dismount... have you guys short handed that word yet? Is it perhaps

"D-Mount him!" now??? or maybe "Dis him.... Dis him!"... or maybe you finally just made it a given so any target called is to be dismounted by everyone until successful?? :blushing:

Sadly.... in any 1 on 1 a dismount is near pointless bc you both end up on foot & no advantage is gained... Wow #'s are a glorious thing aren't they? Matter of Fact the only people I can think of in COP that are effectively dismounters are the parry mages who's job it is to heal them... go figure..

Ah well. night all.
Vexxed you make some of the funnies threads...

I havent been killed by COP for months when I was mounted... I almost miss back in the days sometimes I fall off mount WHEN I DIE. Given now that I rarely die, I'd say at least for the past 3 months all my deaths were on foot as long as it's a gank from COP (I havent had a chance to fight cop where there WASNT a squad of cops). Well there's only 1 time where I saw a blue cop checking out the PvP club area (I think thats what its called) but he made it out of the cave within 10 second I flagged him. (and was yelling how I suck from Jhelum gate gzone)

@Ruffles
Anyways, I am glad you finally "commend" me to learn a foreign Language. I am actually quite happy with what I have rightnow. I dont speak perfect English but I live in the US with a dream job that many would envy. I understand you concern tho. Like how I feel when people cant even speak one word in certain language right. I think you can actually comprehend the words I said as many of her posts showed her uprising EMOtions. Which is also proved by her last post where she couldnt handle it and started to accusing my guild using the word that's against RoC which is funny that she posted again and "commend" people to not violate RoC again.

Ruffles, if you are kicking people just because they are in an enemy guild (you guild treats PAS as enemies?). I mean PAS are good guild with all kinds of players. They dont pose too much threats (for now) BUT when we PvPed them we focused more on having fun and observing how trammies (no offense) fight. Its interesting to see stuff that's foreign to us as at least 90% of scam dont even do things in tram. PAS fight differently compared to COP, inefficient but in a brave manner. (hopefully you understand what I mean). COP fights efficient fights using "Dis-tic" with a great number of people. We dont treat them as enemy, but apperently you guys do... didnt know that but thats cool. I hope they get more PvP active.

Now that I told you I am a foreign player you might not like me. And might turns into another excuse of yours when you need to derail something. *Oh i dont understand a word you are saying, you are too dumb for my rac...* just kidding. Just a maybe.

Just face it Ruffles, if you are so happy why are you using words that clearly violates the RoC you are so concerned about on other people? :loser:

So I understand your story about adding pics to the image. YES you did say a lot of "I believe blah blah blah" but Its ok. See you came up with your story and you said "At least one harry SCAM had to call in PAS for help" thats COP's viewpoint (COP 1 SCAM 0) And I gave you "detailed" info on how it was happened (i didnt just use the I believe BS) and now (COP 1 Scam 1) then the other party had jump out and denied it (COP 1 Scam 2) then you derail it and try to end it by "I believe what I see" regardless your opponent holds more (evidence; proof; testimony) than you do. But I completely understand. Somethings are better to be hidden or altered for the better... people dont have to know the truth...

Apperently I am enjoying myself because so far I am still the only one using actual evidences to support my points which you seem to be refuse/unable to do. I would commend you to provide some evidence, use some real logic if you would like to make a credibile post showing your points... , and PLEASE ruffles please do not violate the RoC I believe you can work with me and keep the language under control. I dont want the thread getting locked down again.

It's just a game, dont kick your players just because they truce/alts in other guilds. Be happy for real... the world will open up for you.

R

Ruffles

Reply to Vexxed...

They get bored fighting in the Guard Zone. So went to do a spawn. The blues were invited to raid Despise. No one came :(

After the spawn I had to leave (family comes first).

Mostly, I dismount then say "So n so is on foot." Sometimes they kill the person dismounted...sometimes the person gets away.

Sometimes we call targets...

The way I play, is to have fun. If I can dismount you...for me that is fun. If you get killed, then that is just icing on the cake :). There have been a few times I feel "ornery" and dismount for no other reason than to knock you off your mount. Sometimes I get killed for it, most the time I don't. Either way, for me it is fun.

Reply to War.

Until you can discuss without trolling, I will not respond to your posts.

From the statics RoC:
"D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked)."

Ruffles

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reply to Vexxed...

They get bored fighting in the Guard Zone. So went to do a spawn. The blues were invited to raid Despise. No one came :(

After the spawn I had to leave (family comes first).

Mostly, I dismount then say "So n so is on foot." Sometimes they kill the person dismounted...sometimes the person gets away.

Sometimes we call targets...

The way I play, is to have fun. If I can dismount you...for me that is fun. If you get killed, then that is just icing on the cake :). There have been a few times I feel "ornery" and dismount for no other reason than to knock you off your mount. Sometimes I get killed for it, most the time I don't. Either way, for me it is fun.

Reply to War.

Until you can discuss without trolling, I will not respond to your posts.

From the statics RoC:
"D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked)."

Ruffles
Of course you dont have to reply to me. I BELIEVE.... there's nothing more you can say. :D

Dont worry, please be happier. UO is just a game. Stratics is just a game forum.

GG

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm more incline to believe PAS helping SCAM then PAS helping COP. If you want proof of past participation then here is a snippit from the PAS website in regards to them doing an Oaks.

At the time he was in SCAM, but I don't know if he still plays since it's been a while since I've seen Lovely and the dragon at the gate.

http://www.peoplesarmyofsonoma.net/viewtopic.php?t=4521

Maldar, that wasn't a COP that helped us. That was Lovely of SL (unless he changed guilds) who is a PAS Elder on his red alt. We needed red alts there. That's why we asked no one to attack him--he was definitely there to help, and comes often. I know its confusing, but just trust us on this. --- end of snippit.

You also used "facts" from the UO website to disprove Ruffles about how many thieves she/COP had in factions by basically saying that none of the top three skills on the chars was stealing. Fact is that you only need 80 points to be able to steal sigils, and you can get 60 points of stealing with the right combination of equipment and jewerly.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They get bored fighting in the Guard Zone. So went to do a spawn. The blues were invited to raid Despise. No one came
*Begins Sarcasm* Hmm.... that's strange. Lego immediatly went to check despise & found No-One..... (he's got that stealthing deathstriker you know). It's odd that if COP sent out "invites" apparently they forgot the postage because no one received them.... Not that it matters though...I crashed the party w/ out an invite but no one was there....
It's amazing that COP always goes & pulls off "Coons" when there's actually opposition at the gate.... You'd think they would be smart enough to at least go do a an OAKS ... Didn't you know??? That's what I DO everytime I managed to get ganked...... Oops. I apparently forgot the screenshots too darn! :blushing:

*I'd say ENDS Sarcasm but we all know it'll never end from me.... LoL!*

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually we did invite everyone at the gate to come raid us doing a harry about two weeks ago and the response we got from some of the blues sitting in guard zone was that they don't do PVM.

R

Ruffles

Vexxed, I am in a different time zone than the US. I know that while I was able to be at the gate, participating in PvP, we left twice.

Once to assist another guildmate regarding factions, that lasted maybe 15 minutes tops. The other to do Despise in hopes that the blues would come raid.

I am not sure what time zone 1 am is that you are referring to. I am 17 hours ahead of pacific daylight time.

If ever most of disappear at the same time at the gate, we are:

1. Helping a guildmate somewhere else.
2. Found a spawn to raid.
3. Got bored at the gate, and left to do a spawn...in hopes that some brave souls will pull together and raid us.
4. We are doing an event, such as a Harry...and hope that some brave souls will come raid us.

Ask Legolas, if I am not correct. :)

As for doing Despise yesterday rather than an Oaks? We wanted to make it easy for you to raid us :)

I have an idea...Instead of ALWAYS fighting at the gate, how about sometime we move the fighting to a faction town? There aren't any guards. There aren't any houses to run into and hide. There is a lot of room to manuever. There are healers close, for blues anyway. The battlefield would be level and truly PvP rather than RvG (reds verses guards).

Who are you Vexxed? I have dismounted quite a few people yesterday while at the gate. I didn't see one person named Vexxed.

Reply to Kellgory:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh! After reading that post, you provided a link to, it makes more sense about how PAS came to SL's aid during that Harry I was at. I remember Lovely [SL] [SCAM] being there quite well, considering her dragon chomped me a few times. Of course one does not need to call for help when one has characters in both guilds. It also explains War's post regarding condoning having a PAS member in COP. If SCAM and PAS allow it, why shouldn't COP?

Ruffles

S

Sickshine

well in all honesty cop used to allow it as well. The first time I came back to uo i was in both PAS and cop. Kms and lefty had full knowledge of my being in pas had no problem with it. This was a few years ago so maybe things have changed. There was a couple of people in scam that were in PAS, but that does not mean scam ever called on PAS members to come help them.

The oaks where lovely was at had nothing to do with scam. PAS was going to do an oaks and that person asked if they could bring a char from another guild that they would rather have there than one of their PAS characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.