• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lets Redo Lady Phoenix's Memorial.

L

Lord Urza

I had a chance to talk to EM Helios for a few minutes tonight, we discussed the Legends Fairground, which may be some redoing and a little function added to it.

We allso talked about redoing Phoenix's Memorial, I told Helios that I would be more then happy to collect the plants / flowers for it.

Helios asked that I collect alot of diffrent plants so that he would have many to choose from and the design can really be nice.

He allso commented that perhaps the Memorial be moved to the fairground. Does anyone feel this is a good or bad idea?

If you could like to donate any plants or flowers please PM me, or get ahold of me in game.

And guilds that would like to donate could choose 1 person to collect for the guild to make it easier to get them to me, without having to meet up with several people.

Thanks all in advance, as I know you lot will throw in together, as will I.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds cool to redo it.. as for moving it. Well location is odd but i was looking for to keeping an eye on it since it was by my library house.

hmm, Wonder if anyone would really notice it at fairgrounds..
Phoenix would like there tho.. something do with events would be right up her alley.

Didnt Five ask for it to be at present location? not sure on that tho..

LOL, okay now that i have pondered the points.. i say....

Shyte i am confused. LOL Have to really think about moving it.

i will definately help get plants.. do i have time to grow more pink??
i gave all mine away to help deco the memorial.

Luc

N

NewThunder

I asked for it to be in Luna; Why would it be at the fairgrounds, she didn't have any connection to the fairground since they were completed after her passing; she was always around Luna helping people. I think the current location adds a great dea to Luna, rather then just having houses.

L

Lord Urza

Well the idea of moving the memorial was only because the rune librarys roof overlaps some of the area Helios would like to use limiting how large it can be made atm.

Thats why I asked opinions to see how the community would feel about it being moved. I know Helios wont move it if that is unwanted by you all.

Thank you so much luc, and yeah you will have time to grow plants.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The place in Luna is a special spot, only for Ghostie's memorial. My fear is that it would get lost in the giant fairegrounds while the Luna location is solely for her. The house next door is not blocking it entirely.

As to re-design.... while I'm not completely opposed to the idea I'm concerned that it will become large and busy and it's always been my feeling that simple and uncluttered is best. What would finish off the current design is a couple of marble benches and scatter the flowers a bit more.... they look more like obedient soldiers than flowers standing in a line like that ;)

just my two gold pieces :)

L

Lord Urza

Well it seems the to be the general concensus that It should remain where it is, and so I will pass that along to Helios. ( Thats why I asked here so everyone could throw in there two cents.):)

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*blushes* ooops i didnt realize my roof overlapped.. Someone should have pmed me or grabbed me in game.. i am still working on making it look good.

i made the roof cause i want to make a 3rd floor for "Reference" and put house stuff up outta the way. LOL sis is the house designer, i am a house decoer..

No worries, probably wont be today or tomorrow but in few days will work on it some more and see what i can do. Throw ideas my way or some blueprints, or a even a brick or 2..

Luc

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I almost think the ideal location should be inside the inner walls... Right now it does constrain the rune library's owner should they expand or wish to expand. It's in bad taste to build up for them and the current location could be detrimental in the future to housing and shard commerce...

L

Lord Urza

I agree with Omnius, Luc should be free to do anything with the rune lib.
The Memorial should not inhibit housing in the least.
I dont really think it should be inside the inner wall, I think set up diffrently the house roof issue wont be an issue as much or at all.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Inside the town walls we can do a tasteful memorial that doesn't inhibit housing. I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that pheonix would have wanted to constrain house placement for people, have her memorial covered by a house or inhibit the ability to express your self through custom house design in luna.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's have some good thoughts, ideas, pics and input.
And no name calling and negativity, Contribute, don't tear down.

Thanks!

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fiiine. i had a much nicer design i submitted to helios some time ago, but he didn't so much as send me a simple e-mail back. so that's what i get for trying.