• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lets Go Giants!!

N

Noc

screw your Giants.....better yet, if you have a bomb, drop it on Green Bay now.

P

pikon198

looks more like the Giants screwed green bay...

And they aint mine im just happy cause they from New York lol. I'm more of a soccer fan, yup just two more years till the world cup. Lets go Argentina!!

P

pikon198

every one and their mother is a brazil fan, they a great team, but the last two times they had an oppertunity to win world cup, they gave it up. If they really wanted to win i think they could have. I wanna see either Argentina or Germany go all the way this year. Brazil, pfft they used to be good.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard that Bart Starr guy is pretty good. How did he do in todays game?

I

imported_Black_Magick

Outta those two i'd go for Germany, thats my #2 team but only barely ^^

G

We have an autographed NFL Packer football here in our home, from when we won it when we lived in Green Bay...autographed by the entire team and the then Packers coach Bart Starr.

Was kinda nice to see his face there tonite...even though I felt he sucked as... a coach ... !

G

Guess now that NFL season is nearly over after watching Super Bowl, we hit hockey games to watch locally and on tv..soccer never really interests me much even though I coached peewee soccer, to 5 yr olds ...in Wisconsin.
I like football and hockey WAY MORE ! way more.

K

Khaza

<blockquote><hr>

Guess now that NFL season is nearly over after watching Super Bowl, we hit hockey games to watch locally and on tv..soccer never really interests me much even though I coached peewee soccer, to 5 yr olds ...in Wisconsin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call there Queen Zen

Hockey is the nectar of the gods....besides beer of course...or rum for those damn pirates like Avo : )

G

My husband used to play hockey when we lived in Wisconsin *amature men's teams* ...was a lot more *painful* watching hockey then....kept wondering where the puk gonna bruise my man each game ! HAHA

But yeh.......... aside from my own love of football, I really love hockey. *Winter olympics sports like luge downhill skiing etc. kinda comes in 3rd* for me.

I married a fullback. Grew up in a neighborhood and family with more males in it than females so nearly grew up myself as a girl playing football till ...comically dad made me quit playing haha jokingly saying when I hit 12 ..that I can't play no more the boys tackling me for different reasons then and dad made me quit playing ! I guess had I been born a boy...I would have kept on playing football.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

screw Argentina, go Brazil!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling repeat for Italia!

P

pikon198

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

you like football way more, i just don't really see the appeal of it, they say hike and they try to run the foot ball, 3 seconds later they are all tackled and have to get up and reposition themselves all over again. While Futbol, Queen Americana is all fast paced and running back and forth with a lot of action. Hockey is kool cause its like soccer but instead of a ball use a puck and instead of kicking they use sticks to pass the puck around.

But there is a reason why no other sport in the world is played on an international level like soccer, its cause no other sport can compare to soccer. Countries in war will hold a 1 month truce just so they can watch their teams. Refs have been killed over bad calls, and once two countries almost went to war cause of a soccer match. It's just the CRAZIEST sport around hands down.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

But there is a reason why no other sport in the world is played on an international level like soccer, its cause no other sport can compare to soccer. Countries in war will hold a 1 month truce just so they can watch their teams. Refs have been killed over bad calls, and once two countries almost went to war cause of a soccer match. It's just the CRAZIEST sport around hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main reason its so popular world-wide is because it is so inexpensive to actually play. There is no equipment to buy, if you dont have an actual ball you can build one out of sticks even. No pads, no helmets, no sticks, hell you dont even need shoes.

P

pikon198

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The main reason its so popular world-wide is because it is so inexpensive to actually play. There is no equipment to buy, if you dont have an actual ball you can build one out of sticks even. No pads, no helmets, no sticks, hell you dont even need shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup so inexpensive to play that America paid 250 million for Beckam to come play for the US for a year and most of the time he spent it on the bench. I guess we are the idiots for paying so much for a single player in a game that is inexpensive. The game itself may be cheap to play. But the players, sponsors, stadiums, promotion deals, etc etc are very expensive. As for the equipemnt you got shinguards and shoes that are made for soccer, so there is some equipment lol.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you re-read my post I said it was inexpensive to play. Meaning every child in any third world country is able to play the game. Once you get into the commercial aspect of anything, be it sports, games, or entertainment, there are going to be skyrocketing costs.

P

pikon198

and in my post i said, the game itself is very inexpensive to play, as in agreeing with you. But like all sports that deal with big teams it is very expensive to play. Any third world kid can play, but that doesnt mean they'll be playing to represent their country. + why spend so much money on equipment to play other sports, when you can just get a ball and have just as much fun.