• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT HERE

• Thread starter independent117
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

independent117

ok so tso realized hmm everyone has like billions of dollars. so the merge idea came into play and everyone I MEAN EVERYONE went out and re bought all there items for there house ( considering we all had billions) then they stock items on there other sims accounts as well as some in there inventory ( just incase
)
AM I RIGHT SO FAR? i mean im sure not EVERYONE stocked stuff but a LOT did. anyways so as a quick update the house is stock with new items (expensive to non expensive items) then they re did there house because lets face it, we had the money to lol. then the outside and all that. (unless your like me and wasnt really playing during this whole "get ready for ea-land thing")

so im asking you when is it that stores are getting the backlash of this. you guys did the SAME thing stores did, the only difference is we are making profit of it. well um yeah they are the stores lol its kinda the whole point of there catagory lol

just trying to get this straight here lol

G

The people playing had lots of money. They didnt need stores to buy stuff, unless they wanted to get more chances of a rare pet. Money was no object.

Some people stocked their houses and inventories.

Those people brought a glut of home furnishings.

There are still items missing though. Dance floors and items that go with non skill/money. Dance floors are not stocked in EALAND and they are not cheap either.

Soon, the properties will have items that are 20%, those things will break at an annoying rate. Then we will see prices get very high.

I used to buy new lights, showers, toilets, fridge, stove, etc. once a month.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

The people playing had lots of money. They didnt need stores to buy stuff, unless they wanted to get more chances of a rare pet. Money was no object.

There are still items missing though. Dance floors and items that go with non skill/money. Dance floors are not stocked in EALAND and they are not cheap either.

Soon, the properties will have items that are 20%, those things will break at an annoying rate. Then we will see prices get very high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when people were buying mystic trees for 1 billion simoleans thanks to the exploit and a cheetah was 20k and a tiger was over 500 million on avg.

Although mystic trees rose all year long (they went from 1 million to 6 to 13 to 17 to 30 million) and then shot up to 1 billion after people began to abuse the exploit.

There was few people who had less than 100k even a few people who were negative (it can be done its happened to me before). But the avg had over 50 million and the majority over 100-400 million. The richest had 2.8 bill the max.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

so correct me if im wrong, and i might be rofl, but it sounds like tso should have said "delete the items we nolonger keep in stock in our catalogs" rather then delete all items transfered from the cities. correct?

I

imported_Founder

Yikes! The original poster doesnt know their "there," "their" and "they're" over there! I how they know what they're doing!

Ok back to the post: Its true: People stocked up. And some morons even thought that by filling tip jars with simoleans, they would've brought it with them after the merges! Every time I saw those suckers, I would trade them a deed to the bridge. Ahhh good times

G

i think the reason pet prices went so high (99,999) is because once AV and BF merged, most of the people that came with it had tones of pets from pet pulls and such on their lots..

If you look at the items that cost the most in the catilogue, they are items that are so abundant in game its rediculous.

That is why people should start really selling their items to stores. This is our economy now and we should accept that the catilogue is becoming out of date, buying new lots is going out the window as well, we need to start buying from eachother instead of maxis, and i think that is the point of this whole outrageous price thing. Why buy from the catilogue when there are already so many people trying to get rid of those items?

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

Yikes! The original poster doesnt know their "there," "their" and "they're" over there! I how they know what they're doing!

Ok back to the post: Its true: People stocked up. And some morons even thought that by filling tip jars with simoleans, they would've brought it with them after the merges! Every time I saw those suckers, I would trade them a deed to the bridge. Ahhh good times

[/ QUOTE ]

now thats a new one, never heared of the tip jar thing lol....yes i suck at spell ...oh well you guys can get the idea

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

i think the reason pet prices went so high (99,999) is because once AV and BF merged, most of the people that came with it had tones of pets from pet pulls and such on their lots..

If you look at the items that cost the most in the catilogue, they are items that are so abundant in game its rediculous.

That is why people should start really selling their items to stores. This is our economy now and we should accept that the catilogue is becoming out of date, buying new lots is going out the window as well, we need to start buying from eachother instead of maxis, and i think that is the point of this whole outrageous price thing. Why buy from the catilogue when there are already so many people trying to get rid of those items?

[/ QUOTE ]

so if we sell our lots to each other dont you think it will be like in the old days. give me 200k give me 400k....how will we ever get on little lot let alone a big lot. because iknow ppl are greedy for money. i on the other hand have all the lots i can handle. but im just asking

G

Deleting items wont help. Some people have full inventories and have no house. they will just leave stuff in there.

The houses that use stuff will only delete if they can replace the item. That will not reduce the amount of items.

They say to spread the items around. Again, that will not change the number of items in the game.

The only way to reduce the number of items is to delete them. Who is going to delete things that their itemless friends would love to have but cant buy.

Time will tell.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

Deleting items wont help. Some people have full inventories and have no house. they will just leave stuff in there.

The houses that use stuff will only delete if they can replace the item. That will not reduce the amount of items.

They say to spread the items around. Again, that will not change the number of items in the game.

The only way to reduce the number of items is to delete them. Who is going to delete things that their itemless friends would love to have but cant buy.

Time will tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats all im saying is that everyone has to delete the items,not just the store ppl

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Time will tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats all im saying is that everyone has to delete the items,not just the store ppl

[/ QUOTE ]

The stores are the root of the problem though because they brought in WAYYYYY more objects than somebody who isn't planning to resell the objects would have had to. Had we known what was going to happen in advance I am sure some would not have chosen to do it, and I am sure there will be some that are selfless enough to delete it all now. As someone else pointed out in the other thread you made all of the money that was used to buy this stuff was exploit money, whether gotten directly by the person through the exploit, or 'laundered' by having gotten it from the ridiculous payouts that started happening, so really when they wiped things they should have wiped that stuff too, because it was all cut from the same exploitation cloth. They want the players to step up to the plate and fix our own mess rather than expecting them to do it. That is the whole basis behind the PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY. To a certain extent we need to police ourselves and not do stuff that we know darn well is wrong ethically even *if* it isn't wrong in the strictest sense of the ToS.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Time will tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The stores are the root of the problem though because they brought in WAYYYYY more objects than somebody who isn't planning to resell the objects would have had to. Had we known what was going to happen in advance I am sure some would not have chosen to do it, and I am sure there will be some that are selfless enough to delete it all now. As someone else pointed out in the other thread you made all of the money that was used to buy this stuff was exploit money, whether gotten directly by the person through the exploit, or 'laundered' by having gotten it from the ridiculous payouts that started happening, so really when they wiped things they should have wiped that stuff too, because it was all cut from the same exploitation cloth. They want the players to step up to the plate and fix our own mess rather than expecting them to do it. That is the whole basis behind the PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY. To a certain extent we need to police ourselves and not do stuff that we know darn well is wrong ethically even *if* it isn't wrong in the strictest sense of the ToS.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but you have to understand not all of us even remember those items, i mean i played this for a month or so. but before this last re activation i played 6 months ago lol. ok so i dont remember anything . when my BF sim came and i unloaded some of the stuff i didnt even remember doing that hosue the way it is now ( bad style let me tell you lmao) let alone the items. it was weird to see the items i used back then compaired to the ones we stock up now days lol

G

In my other sims store I have alot of cheetahs and affies. They are not selling at the moment, which is fine, but I'm hoping later in the future they will become more wanted as newbies come to the game and wish to have a semi-rare pet. Nobody can afford to do pet pulls right now so I do believe that hanging on to them is a wise choice....now I've heard (and it seems to be true) that if you price your items at 999,999,999 they will not ware. Then only mark 1 or two of those objects for actual sale at a time...granted, you'd have to be on your lot and not "afk" all day just incase those marked objects sell and you need to price a couple more for sale...but that seems to be the way to keep stored objects from wearing.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

ok so tso realized hmm everyone has like billions of dollars. so the merge idea came into play and everyone I MEAN EVERYONE went out and re bought all there items for there house ( considering we all had billions) then they stock items on there other sims accounts as well as some in there inventory ( just incase
)
AM I RIGHT SO FAR? i mean im sure not EVERYONE stocked stuff but a LOT did. anyways so as a quick update the house is stock with new items (expensive to non expensive items) then they re did there house because lets face it, we had the money to lol. then the outside and all that. (unless your like me and wasnt really playing during this whole "get ready for ea-land thing")

so im asking you when is it that stores are getting the backlash of this. you guys did the SAME thing stores did, the only difference is we are making profit of it. well um yeah they are the stores lol its kinda the whole point of there catagory lol

just trying to get this straight here lol

[/ QUOTE ]

When Ea Land 1st opened its doors, things were so much cheaper. Mu hubby and son and I have 6 accounts between us so we skilled hard the 1st few days and then hit the money houses. We each bought a property which was only $300 and furnished them a little each day. I guess that was a wise thing to do considering the way prices sky-rocketed. I almost hesitated doing this but i'm so glad I followed my instincts.

G

Hey, please make sure what your are saying is 100% true.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The stores are the root of the problem though because they brought in WAYYYYY more objects than somebody who isn't planning to resell the objects would have had to.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

For one Thing I did not plan on opening a store in EA land before the merge. I really opened a store because of my BV sims and all their stuff they had. I am changing the lot cat. on that house. Also opened the store to get things cheaper for my friends and my sims. Well that back fired. Anyway then CC come along so I kept it open. Now I like running a store and it all happened by accident. NON AFK STOREOWNER ANNIEKINS

G

Ok here's the idea. When the economy was first started when EA Land opened, no one had anything. No objects and no lots. Prices were very reasonable. as people bought lots, the prices started to go up little by little. With the merges I think the game's economy saw the lots coming over as being bought which drove the cost of the empty lots throug the roof. This would explain Dragon's Cove since it was the expert city. The lot i bought back on day 1 for 300 is now work 15k. Merged lots were driving up the cost.

Now, take into account the time people have spent making money. The game has paid out X amount to players but people aren't spending like they were before. Why go buy stuff when you have all your objects from the old cities right? So, instead of buying items at stores, they are just taking out of their inventory. Instead of buying land from the game and paying to make it a lot 8, they already have that now. More money being paid out and less being put back in = Unstable economy.

My theory is this is what caused lot costs to go through the roof (building and everything) including the category items. The money being spent on food and Maid/repairman isn't making up the difference of what is being paid out to players through jobs and money objects.

Let me know if this makes any sense... lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

In my other sims store I have alot of cheetahs and affies. They are not selling at the moment, which is fine, but I'm hoping later in the future they will become more wanted as newbies come to the game and wish to have a semi-rare pet. Nobody can afford to do pet pulls right now so I do believe that hanging on to them is a wise choice....now I've heard (and it seems to be true) that if you price your items at 999,999,999 they will not ware. Then only mark 1 or two of those objects for actual sale at a time...granted, you'd have to be on your lot and not "afk" all day just incase those marked objects sell and you need to price a couple more for sale...but that seems to be the way to keep stored objects from wearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pet pulls are not going to even be possible without sellback, because owners and roomies won't get any money back at all for crates that do not have rares, and so the only way that would be practical is if the city was flooded with simolenas again and players could just afford to ditch those crates at 100% loss. So pretty much the rares that are in circulation now are the ones we are going to have, unless the devs in their infinite wisdom figure out a way to enable sellback JUST on pet carriers so we can do those again. Doing this would actually be in their favor, because pet pulling has always been a popular and significant drain in the game. There might be something within the code that prevents this from happening though, I have no idea.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok here's the idea. When the economy was first started when EA Land opened, no one had anything. No objects and no lots. Prices were very reasonable. as people bought lots, the prices started to go up little by little. With the merges I think the game's economy saw the lots coming over as being bought which drove the cost of the empty lots throug the roof. This would explain Dragon's Cove since it was the expert city. The lot i bought back on day 1 for 300 is now work 15k. Merged lots were driving up the cost.

Now, take into account the time people have spent making money. The game has paid out X amount to players but people aren't spending like they were before. Why go buy stuff when you have all your objects from the old cities right? So, instead of buying items at stores, they are just taking out of their inventory. Instead of buying land from the game and paying to make it a lot 8, they already have that now. More money being paid out and less being put back in = Unstable economy.

My theory is this is what caused lot costs to go through the roof (building and everything) including the category items. The money being spent on food and Maid/repairman isn't making up the difference of what is being paid out to players through jobs and money objects.

Let me know if this makes any sense... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this makes perfect sense, which is why store owners deleting their inventories of stuff will be a big step in fixing the problem, because then after the prices go back to normal when all those objects are gone, the store owner would then have to spend EA LAND e.m.u. to replace those things, thus it registering as a drain which will trigger the system. I spent alot of time last night with somebody explaining the zero sum economy principle and I think at least that person understands it. The reasons payouts bottom out is because of two factors

1) too many players doing one particular activity, so they lower the payouts to drive players to spread out to different activities

2) In a zero sum economy, the payouts are taken directly from the pool of e.m.u. that is put there by the players through the drains in the game. Purchasing items is one of those big drains, and Duncan is right, even if a house has all 3 of the NPCs hired, or even 5 each of the 3 NPCs, it's not going to balance it out. The only thing that is going to make any sort of dent in balancing it out is if the store owners delete the stock from their inventory that merged over from other cities, and restock with money FROM EA LAND since money spent in the 'old' cities does not register in our economy.

Until more players grasp this concept, or at least accept it as truth even if they can't understand it and get on board with the fix, then we will stay in this predicament for an indefinite amount of time, because the devs have made it clear that they want the economy to be player-driven......they want us to take responsibility for ourselves and fix things when we mess them up if we can, and those chocked inventories messed things up, and players DO have the power to correct it. As Aqua says, time will tell whether or not they will actually do it, but every player that doesn't should be cognizant of the fact that their refusal to do so is not only affecting their own game, it's affecting everybody's game due to the inflation that has been caused.

I reiterate: Be part of the problem, or be part of the solution.....there's no way to do both.

G

The problem is we are stuck in a vicious cycle now. People won't delete things just to buy them from the game since the prices are out of control. Why would a store owner delete a jam table they brough with them that they can sell for $1000 if they have to spend $15k to buy the same thing. Then add in the fact that all sims are broke right now and no one will be able to afford to buy the jam table the store just spent 15k to buy. It isn't just not right to ask a store owner to do this, but it is unfair. Stores will close up faster than ever if this is the only way to fix the problem.

So what is the fix? I think the only way this cycle will end if the dev team lowers the prices for stores only. Even if they did it just for 1 week. Stores can the buy from the game (money drain) and sell for a reasonable price (making it back so they can spend more from buying from the game). CC has been a good drain, but not enough people are doing it. CC is also a drain on the economy. Every upload costs emu (god i like that name). But until the money spent in game equals or is more than the money paid out for jobs and money objects, the payouts will remain where they are and who knows... they may go lower.

V

vapd3317

CB;

let me see if I get this right. Im a part of the problem and not the solution because I wont delete my inventory that I brought with me, thus helping to drive the prices of catalogue items sky high?

So I should delete everything in my store and have no stock?...sacrifice my own game for the sake of all the other players?....

Here is ANOTHER option....come buy my inventory and delete it your own darn self. and bring your buddies with ya. I have plenty for everyone. Now the ownership of fixing the problem is back on your shoulders.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The problem is we are stuck in a vicious cycle now. People won't delete things just to buy them from the game since the prices are out of control. Why would a store owner delete a jam table they brough with them that they can sell for $1000 if they have to spend $15k to buy the same thing. Then add in the fact that all sims are broke right now and no one will be able to afford to buy the jam table the store just spent 15k to buy. It isn't just not right to ask a store owner to do this, but it is unfair. Stores will close up faster than ever if this is the only way to fix the problem.

So what is the fix? I think the only way this cycle will end if the dev team lowers the prices for stores only. Even if they did it just for 1 week. Stores can the buy from the game (money drain) and sell for a reasonable price (making it back so they can spend more from buying from the game). CC has been a good drain, but not enough people are doing it. CC is also a drain on the economy. Every upload costs emu (god i like that name). But until the money spent in game equals or is more than the money paid out for jobs and money objects, the payouts will remain where they are and who knows... they may go lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no reason the devs should have to fix this for us.

Why should a store owner delete a jam table that they could get $1000 for? Because it would help get us out of this vicious cycle as you so aptly put it. When they delete that inventory it will no longer cost them 50k simoleans to restock that jam table in their lot, prices will go back to what they were before AV and BF were merged in. It might not happen in one day like *snap* but it WILL happen. Players have got to stop only looking out for themselves and their bottom line, but what is good for ALL the players as a unit. The problem as I see it is we are not functioning as a team or as a unit for the most part....players are only worried about their own game and what will help themselves advance. The irony in that is that when it comes to busting cheaters it is said that players should worry *more* about their own game and less about what everybody else is doing, but now that we NEED to be worried about people other than ourselves, some players just can't seem to gather the gumption to bite the bullet and do it.

As far as TC3 goes, my offer still stands.....if any store owner will volunteer to liquidate that stockpile of items there by salvaging it, then I will work out a deal with them to buy the salvage boxes. That will not give players a huge return, but it's alot better than taking a complete loss, and all the money that was spent to buy those huge inventories was tainted anyway, so really I don't think inventory objects should have been allowed to bullet train or merge over for store owners. Why them and nobody else? Because they are making pure profit off of it for one since they didn't have to spend a single EA Land e.m.u. for it, and 95% of the simoleans in circulation in the production cities was ill-gotten which makes those store owners have their hands dirty so to speak. If I'd merged over, that reason alone would be enough to make me ditch every bit of it, just as I would in RL if I found out something someone had given me had been stolen by them to give it to me in the first place. Getting rid of all the 'hot' (ill-gotten) items will purify our economy just as deleting all the old simoleans did. And if it didn't need purifying we would not be where we are at.

G

<blockquote><hr>

CB;

let me see if I get this right. Im a part of the problem and not the solution because I wont delete my inventory that I brought with me, thus helping to drive the prices of catalogue items sky high?

So I should delete everything in my store and have no stock?...sacrifice my own game for the sake of all the other players?....

Here is ANOTHER option....come buy my inventory and delete it your own darn self. and bring your buddies with ya. I have plenty for everyone. Now the ownership of fixing the problem is back on your shoulders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to buy items that I know are ill-gotten, so no thanks. I'm already doing my part saying that I will buy salvage boxes from people who choose to liquidate their inventories through salvaging. And its not just you sacrificing your gameplay to improve theirs.....your gameplay is messed up too. You are receiving the same lowball payouts the rest of us are receiving, are you not? You have the atrociously high prices in your catalog right now, do you not? Yes to both, so you would not ONLY be helping to save everybody else's gameplay, but your own as well.

Not only that, but you have that same self-serving attitude right now that others who are digging their heels in do. Why should I buy inventory from you and line your pockets when you've made it clear you don't give a rat's ass how many other people are miserable as a direct result of the huge inventory you and the other store owners brought over, because of the lowered payouts and high catalog prices that it has caused? You wanna meet in the middle like I said, then I'll be more than happy to do my part to help, but you gotta prove that you understand that the sim world does not revolve around you and your gameplay....the game is no longer set up so that one person's actions do not affect anybody's but themselves, so we MUST think of how what we do is going to impact the entire game from now on. Players need to get this through their thick skulls because if they don't, then we're doomed to be stuck in this vicious cycle indefinitely.

G

I agree with you and I think almost everyone who isn't a store owner agrees with you. But what you are basically suggesting is for stores to shut down for a few days after deleting all their stock from the old cities and wait until the prices bounce back. I think it's the only way to fix what is going on but at the same time what would cause a store owner to do this? They are owning a store to make money. Yes it's for the better of the game, but how would that be better for a store owner trying to make some money?

I know I know... we need to work as a team here and fix this ourselves. I just don't see it being possible.

By the way, I am not a store owner... just playing devil's advocate on this one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree with you and I think almost everyone who isn't a store owner agrees with you. But what you are basically suggesting is for stores to shut down for a few days after deleting all their stock from the old cities and wait until the prices bounce back. I think it's the only way to fix what is going on but at the same time what would cause a store owner to do this? They are owning a store to make money. Yes it's for the better of the game, but how would that be better for a store owner trying to make some money?

I know I know... we need to work as a team here and fix this ourselves. I just don't see it being possible.

By the way, I am not a store owner... just playing devil's advocate on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it would cause them a loss for a few days, but that pales in comparison to what the benefit will be in the long-term, don't you think? If I was a store owner, a few days of inconvenience would be a thorn in the side, but ultimately maturity would take over and I'd realize that it is worth a little bit of suffering to make things better long term. To draw a RL parallel, take chemotherapy for cancer patients. Chemo makes the patient sick as a dog alot of times, to lose their hair, to become infertile maybe.....a whole list of other reasons. But I haven't talked to very many cancer patients who are now in remission that said going through all that wasn't worth it because without it they'd likely be dead.

The parallel fits because as Donavan put it, we are currently in a 'death spiral'. We have got to do something to break out of that......NOT the devs. US. Yes it will be miserable for a short time longer after that, but when things are bounced back and store business is on the mend and thriving again, and the *sting* of the loss isn't so fresh, I think alot of store owners that realize how the new economy works will know that it was worth it just like alot of people threatened to quit when the simolean wipe was announced when the cities merged, but the ones that didn't quit now know it was worth it. That's another reason to fix things now. If players allow this fubar situation to continue when they CAN change it, then all this starting over that we all had to do, and maybe even all the time that the dev team has put into saving this game will be for naught, because if players just give up and quit because of everything being so high, then subscriptions could plummet to the point that EA tells them "sorry guys, your time is up, you gave it a valiant effort but we are pulling the plug". When you (collective you) think of it in that light, does a minor amount of inconvenience in the immediate future seem so bloody important?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Tagged from the last poster.

OK, if everything that was brought in by either the bullet train or the merge, and it's suggested that is deleted because of the way it affected the economy and the money being made off of the items is dirty money then how would the merged homes be classified? Look at the cost of property. It's basically the same thing isn't it?

I

imported_rpsky3

I am sorry, but it just does not seem fair to ask the store owners to do this. it is not just us that needs in your words to delete our inventories. Yes, we had a store in BF, and it came here, but we did not stock pile as some have claimed that all store owners did. ... now, lets take a look on the other side of this coin... why not have the money houses delete all the items that they brought with them, or the skill house? how about them? hmmm..... they can delete the items they brought over and start over as well. I don't think it is fair to blame stores. it is everyone that plays this game that merged.

G

In my theory, yes it is exactly the same. Homes are moving over and people are not buying land. This drives the cost up because I think the game sees the merged houses as people "buying" the land. But, the game is not seeing the influx of the money it would receive if people actually bought the land in EA Land.

Basically think of it this way. Every dollor paid to the game (food, services, land, etc) is cash going into the pot. Every dollor spent to pay players for jobs and money objects comes out of that pot. If the pot is too low, the game will adjust the payouts to compensate to make sure the money doesn't run out. The more money in the pot to work with, the higher the payouts and the lower prices are for things in game.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Does a persons lack of language art skills have anything to do with this thread? Perhaps you should take a closer look at your sentence following the there's !

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Tagged from the last poster.

OK, if everything that was brought in by either the bullet train or the merge, and it's suggested that is deleted because of the way it affected the economy and the money being made off of the items is dirty money then how would the merged homes be classified? Look at the cost of property. It's basically the same thing isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

To a degree, yes.....however that doesn't impact players to the same degree that all the objects does, because the only ones affected are the ones who are hell-bent on being owners. A player can function indefinitely homeless if they so choose, so that is why nobody is screaming for anybody to ditch houses. Even if they did, it's already been shown that properties that previously had lots on them are higher priced than lots that had NEVER been developed, so I'm not totally convinced that moving out of those lots an forfeiting the houses would cause propety costs to go down much, if at all because of that issue. The devs would have to reset the lots that had been voluntarily surrendered as if they'd never had houses on them, which they are not going to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am sorry, but it just does not seem fair to ask the store owners to do this. it is not just us that needs in your words to delete our inventories. Yes, we had a store in BF, and it came here, but we did not stock pile as some have claimed that all store owners did. ... now, lets take a look on the other side of this coin... why not have the money houses delete all the items that they brought with them, or the skill house? how about them? hmmm..... they can delete the items they brought over and start over as well. I don't think it is fair to blame stores. it is everyone that plays this game that merged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall, the inventories from stores are gonna be WAY higher than owners of houses that came over with money objects or skill objects. Still, eventually skill and money lot owners ARE going to have to recycle their items if for no other reason than keeping repair costs down, because the more wear an item has the more it breaks down, so there comes a point that it is just cheaper to replace it than to keep paying repairs on it.......IF the prices in the stores returns to normal. If it doesn't, then skill and money lots will not be able to replace anything that needs replacing, so before we ask them to recycle their objects, they have to have a place to get the objects replaced since skill and money lots HAVE to stay functional, skilling and moneymaking is 80% of the game activities. So yeah, they may need to do it too, but the store owners have got to lead the way and then others follow suit.

I

imported_rpsky3

I am sorry, i am just not going to do this at least willingly. i see no reason for it.

G

It does fall back to everyone. The only reason why we are pointing to stores is because they cause the biggest drain on the economy. They spend more in 1 day than any skill/money house in respect to buying straight from the game. In the old cities, 99% of us never bought from the catelog even though we had full access to it. We bought from stores since it was cheaper.

Stores can make or break our economy at this point. Salvage your old stuff from your cities and start from scratch in EA Land or we will fail. I will gladly salvage all my stuff to start the effort. But, I only have a skill house. I won't put the kind of drain into the city's economy that a store will.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

In my theory, yes it is exactly the same. Homes are moving over and people are not buying land. This drives the cost up because I think the game sees the merged houses as people "buying" the land. But, the game is not seeing the influx of the money it would receive if people actually bought the land in EA Land.

Basically think of it this way. Every dollor paid to the game (food, services, land, etc) is cash going into the pot. Every dollor spent to pay players for jobs and money objects comes out of that pot. If the pot is too low, the game will adjust the payouts to compensate to make sure the money doesn't run out. The more money in the pot to work with, the higher the payouts and the lower prices are for things in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand exactly what you are saying Duncan and I agree, things are truly messed up at this point however, when our sims were still in the productive cities and Maxis wanted to redevelope the game, alot of us oldtimers were leary about the change and we weren't that hip on giving up our millions. I was one of them. Not alot were happy with the concept of starting over so Maxis said "hey, we will let you take your house and personal belongings with you and that made the change seem a whole lot better. I was talking to a friend of mine who has been around since the beginning of the 1st beta and he cherishes his home. The same goes for our Veterans Memorial that my husband and I made and was even featured here on stratics so how can this be solved fairly?

G

TTL

I have been trying to figure out the reason the the skyrocketing prices in catalog, and what everyone here seems to be jumping to conclusion causing this just doesn't add up to me, because of one simple fact. You are thinking that because so many merged/moved such an over abundance of objects into the city, the prices went sky high, if that is truly the case, why is an ATM marked at $93,963 retail? There were no ATM's merged or moved, so I really don't think the abundance is the reason. And in all honesty, I still think they should be paying us to provide a spot on our lots for those things, not expecting us to use real money in order to buy one.

At first I thought you all must be right, but it still made no sense to me, I would think if there is an over abundance the prices should be very low. I had thought the "dynamic pricing" was suppose to make things that are selling more, go up, and things selling less, go down. So I will continue to shake my head in confusion

G

It's all GWB's fault... lol well it works on most everything else why not this????

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

I have been trying to figure out the reason the the skyrocketing prices in catalog, and what everyone here seems to be jumping to conclusion causing this just doesn't add up to me, because of one simple fact. You are thinking that because so many merged/moved such an over abundance of objects into the city, the prices went sky high, if that is truly the case, why is an ATM marked at $93,963 retail? There were no ATM's merged or moved, so I really don't think the abundance is the reason. And in all honesty, I still think they should be paying us to provide a spot on our lots for those things, not expecting us to use real money in order to buy one.

At first I thought you all must be right, but it still made no sense to me, I would think if there is an over abundance the prices should be very low. I had thought the "dynamic pricing" was suppose to make things that are selling more, go up, and things selling less, go down. So I will continue to shake my head in confusion

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to say that i'm with you on this one.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CB;

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to buy items that I know are ill-gotten, so no thanks. I'm already doing my part saying that I will buy salvage boxes from people who choose to liquidate their inventories through salvaging. And its not just you sacrificing your gameplay to improve theirs.....your gameplay is messed up too. You are receiving the same lowball payouts the rest of us are receiving, are you not? You have the atrociously high prices in your catalog right now, do you not? Yes to both, so you would not ONLY be helping to save everybody else's gameplay, but your own as well.

Not only that, but you have that same self-serving attitude right now that others who are digging their heels in do. Why should I buy inventory from you and line your pockets when you've made it clear you don't give a rat's ass how many other people are miserable as a direct result of the huge inventory you and the other store owners brought over, because of the lowered payouts and high catalog prices that it has caused? You wanna meet in the middle like I said, then I'll be more than happy to do my part to help, but you gotta prove that you understand that the sim world does not revolve around you and your gameplay....the game is no longer set up so that one person's actions do not affect anybody's but themselves, so we MUST think of how what we do is going to impact the entire game from now on. Players need to get this through their thick skulls because if they don't, then we're doomed to be stuck in this vicious cycle indefinitely.

[/ QUOTE ]

This subject carries a two-edged sword it seems. In my inventory I had all my anniversary gifts, all my crafts I had from my store, and 2 complete sets of all the rare pets. It really wouldn't be right to ask a person to delete things like this buy if your going to ask 1 person that came with a full inventory IMO you would in all fairness have to ask everyone.

I

imported_rpsky3

thank you. it really is unfair to ask just store owners to delete inventory. it seems that everyone would be asked to do it. keep the rare pets, trees, just rares in general.. and wipe the rest. but to ask store owners and roomies... not fair at all.

G

Well it also comes with a supply/demand. Everyone bought an ATM. Almost every shop has one on their lot. Posted earlier it was said that the more in demand an object was, the more it would cost. Adding into the issue that the pot of money we have to work with is so low, the game is adjusting to get more money put back in.

Again, no one is saying only stores need to do something... we all need to. The skill/money/residence/etc houses need to delete stuff to buy from the stores. This way the stores will have money to restock. If something isn't done soon, the economy will never be fixed. We will be stuck in this death spiral forever. This is not an issue the dev's need to fix... we need to fix it. We need to come up with a plan that everyone can work with to get the economy back on track. I know there are store owners on here... what are you willing to do to help with this issue?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Well it also comes with a supply/demand. Everyone bought an ATM. Almost every shop has one on their lot. Posted earlier it was said that the more in demand an object was, the more it would cost. Adding into the issue that the pot of money we have to work with is so low, the game is adjusting to get more money put back in.

Again, no one is saying only stores need to do something... we all need to. The skill/money/residence/etc houses need to delete stuff to buy from the stores. This way the stores will have money to restock. If something isn't done soon, the economy will never be fixed. We will be stuck in this death spiral forever. This is not an issue the dev's need to fix... we need to fix it. We need to come up with a plan that everyone can work with to get the economy back on track. I know there are store owners on here... what are you willing to do to help with this issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im an exception here.. I don't have an ATM. I haven't really notice alot of them.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CB;

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So now you are calling me a cheater?...why is it that you constantly infer that anyone who doesn't agree with you must be a botter, cheater, or exploiter who obtained everything they have through "ill gotten" gains? Simply because I brought my items with me when I moved? OMG you busted me !!!! Congratulations Inspector Cluseau !....If only you could train the customs agents a lil bit better this wouldn't have happened.

How freakin dare you accuse me of having my items through ill gotten gains. Your holier than thou attitude is apparent every time you disagree with anyone else's opinions.

Yes I own a store but I dont sell household items. I sell crafted items and not custom content. Yet because I am a "store owner" you target me as a problem with the high catalogue prices.

Now you want all store owners to "bite the bullet" as you put it, for the good of the game. There are a hell of alot more other places out there with a hell of a lot more inventory than most stores have. Just look to your money categories to find that answer.

You also fail to realize that those money/skill categories that replace broken items, can buy those items at incredibly cheap prices from us heathen store owners that may have brought a huge (gotta say it for your benefit) ill gotten inventory of job or skill objects. So don't even try to say that we as store owners are "out for ourselves". If that were the case, we would sell those $42,000 easels at $25,000 each. I happen to know you can buy those skill/job items at stores for anywhere from $350 to $1500. That is STILL cheaper than they were in the catalogue from the start !!!

Yet, you continue to bash the store owners who OBVIOUSLY have priced the inventory reasonably to HELP you. But no,...we are cheaters and should just delete everything and start from scratch.

NEVER

G

I don't see how you can expect store owners to delete their inventory when they can't afford to replace it with the outrageously priced things in catalog now. If I was selling catalog things, well actually I had been selling tip jars, because that is something so many are looking for, but then the price went way up, I put what I have in inventory, there is no way a tip jar is worth what they want for one, and I am not replacing them until the price goes back down. No one who actually needs a tip jar could afford to buy one today.

The fact that the ATM machines are also outrageously priced, tells me the devs are twisting the dials on what they want priced high and it has little to do with what is being bought. Not all stores have one, mine doesn't. I refuse to buy something they should be paying me, to place on my lot.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Im an exception here.. I don't have an ATM. I haven't really notice alot of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont own one either Shirl. If EA wanted them placed in every store or category, they could simply put one there. I refuse to buy one. However EA?....I would welcome you to place one on my lot. I will build a room around it and put in a pay door because CB thinks I'm only out for myself anyway.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CB;

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So now you are calling me a cheater?...why is it that you constantly infer that anyone who doesn't agree with you must be a botter, cheater, or exploiter who obtained everything they have through "ill gotten" gains? Simply because I brought my items with me when I moved? OMG you busted me !!!! Congratulations Inspector Cluseau !....If only you could train the customs agents a lil bit better this wouldn't have happened.

How freakin dare you accuse me of having my items through ill gotten gains. Your holier than thou attitude is apparent every time you disagree with anyone else's opinions.

Yes I own a store but I dont sell household items. I sell crafted items and not custom content. Yet because I am a "store owner" you target me as a problem with the high catalogue prices.

Now you want all store owners to "bite the bullet" as you put it, for the good of the game. There are a hell of alot more other places out there with a hell of a lot more inventory than most stores have. Just look to your money categories to find that answer.

You also fail to realize that those money/skill categories that replace broken items, can buy those items at incredibly cheap prices from us heathen store owners that may have brought a huge (gotta say it for your benefit) ill gotten inventory of job or skill objects. So don't even try to say that we as store owners are "out for ourselves". If that were the case, we would sell those $42,000 easels at $25,000 each. I happen to know you can buy those skill/job items at stores for anywhere from $350 to $1500. That is STILL cheaper than they were in the catalogue from the start !!!

Yet, you continue to bash the store owners who OBVIOUSLY have priced the inventory reasonably to HELP you. But no,...we are cheaters and should just delete everything and start from scratch.

NEVER

[/ QUOTE ]
Right on Vap.

If EA did not want us bringing objects with us (be they ill gotten or not) then they would not have merged us with objects. I don't think you are going to find many who are going to delete all of their objects b/c its for the good of the community.

And also, we can all sit here on our holier than thou thrones and cast out recrimations of being a bad gamer for not doing things for the good of the community.

But I happen to know for a fact that some in the past have not taken the higher road when its come down to "right" and "wrong"

Casting stones... not a good idea. B/c when you cast stones, you may run the risk of having your own dirt thrown back in your face.

If EA wants to delete things to balance stuff out, they would say so... until I say that post.. I'm gonna keep what i merged with (and its really not all that much)

G

It's simple. We need to find a common ground. We need to find a solution other than "Dev team... HELP US!" Why can't we do something on our own to fix this issue? This is a person-driven economy. Everything we do in game affects everyone. Yes, everyone deleting everything and starting over is the quick fix. But what kind of game would we have until the prices started to come down? Is it possible for store owners, mind you I am not picking on you or saying this is all yoru fault, but you do have the biggest drain on the economy when you buy from the catelog, to find a way to lower your inventory... just for a couple of days... to see if it has an affect?

I will help out with this where I can. I will go tonight and buy some items that I don't need just to help out the cause. All I ask is store owners, buy something from the catelog... even if it's the cheapest thing. Try to get some cash going into the game. It may not make a difference but if others come and help you afford to take a chance, it may show we are all taking the chance together.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CB;

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NEVER

[/ QUOTE ]

APPLAUDED !!!!!!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CB;

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NEVER

[/ QUOTE ]
Right on Vap.

If EA did not want us bringing objects with us (be they ill gotten or not) then they would not have merged us with objects. I don't think you are going to find many who are going to delete all of their objects b/c its for the good of the community.

And also, we can all sit here on our holier than thou thrones and cast out recrimations of being a bad gamer for not doing things for the good of the community.

But I happen to know for a fact that some in the past have not taken the higher road when its come down to "right" and "wrong"

Casting stones... not a good idea. B/c when you cast stones, you may run the risk of having your own dirt thrown back in your face.

If EA wants to delete things to balance stuff out, they would say so... until I say that post.. I'm gonna keep what i merged with (and its really not all that much)

[/ QUOTE ]

Applauded !!!

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

It's simple. We need to find a common ground. We need to find a solution other than "Dev team... HELP US!" Why can't we do something on our own to fix this issue? This is a person-driven economy. Everything we do in game affects everyone. Yes, everyone deleting everything and starting over is the quick fix. But what kind of game would we have until the prices started to come down? Is it possible for store owners, mind you I am not picking on you or saying this is all yoru fault, but you do have the biggest drain on the economy when you buy from the catelog, to find a way to lower your inventory... just for a couple of days... to see if it has an affect?

I will help out with this where I can. I will go tonight and buy some items that I don't need just to help out the cause. All I ask is store owners, buy something from the catelog... even if it's the cheapest thing. Try to get some cash going into the game. It may not make a difference but if others come and help you afford to take a chance, it may show we are all taking the chance together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Duncan,...a reasonable request and one that I have been accomplishing almost every day. Much as many other store owners do. Think about those that sell fruit. They buy items to place infront of the trees. Cardboard boxes, hay bales, etc.... so the Store owners are actually funneling money into the drain as you put it. We even purchase items from the catalogue for shoppers who can afford them at our discount. Anytime I get the discounted item, it is sold at cost. Many stores operate the very same way.

However,...I also have noticed that as I purchase those items one day,...they are more expensive the next. Once again, EA has the prices at supply and demand. Now, considering if we delete items only to replace them later. That shows that the prices will once again jump up because of the supply and demand issue. Deletion IS NOT an answer. Buying from other players and not from the catalogue is IMO the only way to keep prices low. If EA sees the catalogue items aren't selling, they will have no option but to lower those prices to meet a level the players can afford from the catalogue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I agree, it is confusing as hell.

Again, I state that I do not know with 100% certainty that this is how it all works, but it's what makes the most sense to me:

Even though all of these items were brought over from the production cities, EAL's economy is not aware of the production cities. As far as it's concerned, all of these excess items were obtained from EAL's catalog, thus making it think that demand for these items is extremely high - and adjusting the price accordingly.

I do not know if completely deleting all of the excess would be necessary, or if simply removing them from stores (either through sales or through taking them off the market) would suffice. I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that one.

When I first heard about all of the production city bazillionaires converting all of their simoleans into objects in order to get as much of it as possible into EAL, I knew nothing good could come of that. But I didn't speak up because I knew nobody would listen.

I wonder if anyone is listening now...