• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let it not happen to you...

R

rolan69vw

Last night I decided it was time for me to venture into the dangerous worlds of Feluca on my newly trained PvP Mage. As my first time PvPing on this character (Rasta) I was ready to die and I had stocked my bank with plenty of cash for insurance. I decided I was going to test the waters on the Feluca Yew Moongate. Sure enough, as soon as I left the protection of the Guards I was ganked by 5 – 7 Reds. I went to the nearest healer, got ressed up, and quickly gathered my belongings.
After a couple of heals I was ready for battle and eager to test my character + equipment in fighting. I walked a couple of screens west of the Moongate, where I was dismounted and then jumped by the same group of people. I again ran to the nearest healer and was ready to set up when I looked in my backpack and figured I had nothing in it but my blessed sandals, Quiver of Infinity, and a my full spell book. Of course I was stunned by the discovery and as I ran back to my body I discovered my corpse was empty. Soon it hit me, I had forgotten to activate the auto insurance renewal. I tried to see if these people would be nice enough to give me my belongings back but my efforts were useless. It’s a bit disappointing to see a years worth of efforts go down the drain. I include a list of what I lost so you people understand the event a little better:

Items Lost:
1) Totem of The Void
2) Kaza of The Ra-jin
3) Leather Gorget: high 50’s resist, 18 LRC, 7 LMC
4) Ring: 1 FC, 3 FCR, 13 DCI, 9LRC
5) Brace: 1 FC, 3FCR, 6 DCI, +2 Str
6) Leather Gloves: (Only thing I got back) they where the worst part of my suit.

7) Leather Arms: 60’s resists, 12 LRC, 2 MR
8) AoF
9) Leather Leggs: 60’s resists, 14 LRC, 2 MR
10) Tome of Lost Knowledge
11) Shield: 12 resists, 15 DCI

* All in all, the suit was 70, 70, 66, 70, 70 resisits, 47 DCI, 6 MR, 32 LMC with some other mods.

It took me over a year (time I’ve been back after a 4 year break) to gather the resources to put together such a suit. So I guess its time for me to leave UO for good. I just wanted you people know what type of people you dealing with in UO and try and help any person going into Feluca to remember to put Auto Renew Insurance ON. hehe Its stupid you have to turn it on, its like having medical insurance that u had to reactivate whenever u went to the doctor, but it is the way it is, and my stuff is not coming back. Anyways, hope the story helps someone not have this happen to him/her. Enjoy the game and never forget.. It is only a game. Peace to you all.

G

Not time to give up yet bro.

Try to goto doom for a bit, get yourself some arties, maybe hit a orny/hom/aof or something.

I was there after it happened, if I was able to get anything, I woulda returned what I could get.
No clue who got your stuff I tried to ask around.

Dont give up that easy.

Tell you what, don't let it get to you, i'll give you a gold skull to head to doom if you wana try your luck there.
If you don't have a luna vendor i'll let you place one at my house free of charge, so if you get arties you dont want, you can sell them at my place.
When your ready to get back into the pvp scene, I'll give you a totem of the void, kasa, and tome of lost knowledge to help you out.

Z

Zerric432

Oh, don't give up on UO yet! Can you imagine what it was like to play this game before the Trammel/Felucca split? This happened to people all the time. If they gave up, UO would have never ever gotten off the ground. Don't let those jerks take UO away from you. You clearly enjoy it, or else you wouldn't have spent all that time getting your suit prepared. And there are a lot of other great people who will help you out in a heartbeat, me included. You'll have some great equipment back in no time!

G

Rolan, don't let one bad experience make you quit UO. There are TONS of good people here on Catskills and we'll give you a hand setting back up. I don't know that I can match exactly some of the stuff you lost but I'd be happy to help you as much as I can. Just PM me and we'll see what we can do. I've got a few pieces that might work into a decent suit. I'm the world's greatest packrat.

And I do know sort of how you feel. I lost my very first all 70's suit in Citadel due to forgetting to turn on auto renew. It took me YEARS to come up with that suit. I stood over my body and WATCHED it decay knowing there was no way I could get back to it even if there was anyone around to rez me. I literally cried! LOL

So just holler and then get back out there and have some FUN!

G

we got bout a whole suit here for ya!

:p

If I see him ingame, ill tell him to check his thread.

I love to see new faces to the pvp scene, especially mages. I dont want to see them go out like this

L

Lord Franklin

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, don't give up on UO yet! Can you imagine what it was like to play this game before the Trammel/Felucca split? This happened to people all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true! Why poor Franklin, at the time a carpenter and lumberjack, was constantly slaughtered for the sin of walking one screen east of Britian in search of a tree that wasn't already stripped of wood.

I think most of us have had a moment when we lost something important - forgot to lock something down, watched it decay with our corpse, had someone loot us, whatever. It sucks.

What is so great about UO, and Catskills in particular, is what you see here. People will help each other out and they are so giving. Speaking of - be sure you head by the MOP holiday giveaway Sunday night. Who knows, you might end up with something really great to help you rebuild your suit.

I may have a decent weapon stashed away if you need one. Feel free to PM me and I'll dig around for something for you.

[Edit: Errr... of course, as has been pointed out, you're a mage, so a nice kryss probably won't do you a lot of good. How about some nightshade?
Seriously, let me know what you end up needing and I will check and see what I've got!]

Peaceful Journeys,
Lord Franklin

R

rolan69vw

Hello, people.. You guys are probably right, I should not quit just bcs i lost all this stuff. its all replaceble.. its a tuff cookie to shew, but nothing I cant overcome. I will get in touch with you guys see if you lend me a hand. I am going to take a break for a couple days from UO anyways, blow of some steam..
be back next week... ty guys. made me realize theres a lot more to UO than those guy that were so nasty last night. talk to you guys later

Z

Zerric432

Glad to hear you're going to stay! I'm sure I'd feel the same way right after something like that happened to me too though. I'm actually just starting to get back into UO myself after a long absence. Luckily my characters are still around. Unluckily however, my house was demolished and a lot of my stuff is gone. I'll gladly go out hunting with you and we can both build ourselves back up

G

Hey hey! Glad to hear it! My offer stands and extended to Zerric as well! Come on over to the Westborough Jewelry Mall and Auction Hall. Head out Luna via the west gate and follow the short path(head slightly SW). Check that radar for the house with the American Flag on the roof and I am next door. It is only a couple of screens from Lunas gateway. All decked out for the holidays! You cant miss it!Browse and get an idea what ya wish, PM me and I shall deliver! I am on most days 6-10 pm, weekends are hit and miss! Oh yeah...WELCOME BACK!

L

LadyCalina

No worries! You can always get items back, and now with the new Doom drops, it should take no time to earn the money get armor pieces. Let me know if I can help you with some pieces, I make great LRC pieces

R

R Skye

I know i can help out with the lost items. Looking forward to helping you out .

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a few nice pieces of armor laying around and either a 1/3 ring or bracelet that is similar to what you lost. if interested, just let me know. I will check on the jewelry.

P

Princess Fifi

<blockquote><hr>

Rolan, don't let one bad experience make you quit UO. There are TONS of good people here on Catskills and we'll give you a hand setting back up. I don't know that I can match exactly some of the stuff you lost but I'd be happy to help you as much as I can. Just PM me and we'll see what we can do. I've got a few pieces that might work into a decent suit. I'm the world's greatest packrat.

And I do know sort of how you feel. I lost my very first all 70's suit in Citadel due to forgetting to turn on auto renew. It took me YEARS to come up with that suit. I stood over my body and WATCHED it decay knowing there was no way I could get back to it even if there was anyone around to rez me. I literally cried! LOL

So just holler and then get back out there and have some FUN!

[/ QUOTE ] The big problem is that there are TONS of bad people also.

I

imported_outcry

Never Give up i sent you a pm , hopefully you will get your items returned

G

He wont :/

So far to my knowledge he has beed geared up with a totem of the void, tome of lost knowledge, and kasa of the rajin.

Id hit up doom and pray for an orny personally. if you get other arties, you can still have a free vendor at my luna house.

I

imported_outcry

ok i just bought him an aof so he needs to get in contact with me
so i can give to him

G

It's nice to see the repsonse from all the people. You can go to doom and get arties. Hit the luck stone and put in your time and you will get artifacts. Always make sure you are insured and have auto renew turned on. You'll have another suit in no time.

L

Lord Odius

I can relate... 6-7 years ago my three houses decayed while I was toying with EQ/taking a break from UO. Since several of my main toons werent all that welcome in town, most of my stuff was in my houses. Sucks to loose something you've spent so much time on, even if its just pixels...

A

Aang

<blockquote><hr>

ok i just bought him an aof so he needs to get in contact with me
so i can give to him

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave him an AoF last night in Doom.

R

rolan69vw

Hello People, and merry x-mass to all of you!!! I just wanted to let you all know that thanks to some nice people on this shard I have gotten a Kaza, Tome of Lost Knowledge, and an AoF. So I want to thank these people and anyone who has offered to help. As for now, Im following some advice and hitting doom to see if I get lucky. Have gotten a couple Arties but nothing great, sooner or later ill have to hit the jackpot. anyways, thank you all and my best of wishes on these beatyful time of the year!

Rolan

P

Pah-uh-zahn

shows how long I've been away from the game...

what is auto renew???