• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lesser hiryus

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I leveled up my lesser hiryu last night to level 3. I don't have screen shots atm however it is now at 800 hp 150 dex/stam 300 mana 80 in all resists except cold and has chiv. added to it. I have 2 more ranks to go.

Maybe lesser is more!

Oh and my sampire will be running with a pack of 5 lesser from now on.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I leveled up my lesser hiryu last night to level 3. I don't have screen shots atm however it is now at 800 hp 150 dex/stam 300 mana 80 in all resists except cold and has chiv. added to it. I have 2 more ranks to go.

Maybe lesser is more!

Oh and my sampire will be running with a pack of 5 lesser from now on.
I tried it on Siege, they don't have pack instinct, but the worst part is the anti pushthrough code. In tight spaces, only 2 or 3 max can attack the target . The best ones I could tame had roughly 260ish hps, which would be decent if all could attack at the same time so i only had to concentrate on healing one of them, I may give it another go in the future.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried it on Siege, they don't have pack instinct, but the worst part is the anti pushthrough code. In tight spaces, only 2 or 3 max can attack the target . The best ones I could tame had roughly 260ish hps, which would be decent if all could attack at the same time so i only had to concentrate on healing one of them, I may give it another go in the future.
Curious do you need animal lore along with bushido to control them?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not played with either yet, but based on the stats the lesser very well may be a better choice for PvM. Regular one comes with a dismount which will waste mana and drop DPS when it's fired instead of something more useful.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So can you train a hiryu to 5-slot and transfer to a warrior with only bushido to control?

I'm assuming the bushido warrior has no ability to train the hirti on his own.

Sent from mTalk

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So can you train a hiryu to 5-slot and transfer to a warrior with only bushido to control?

Sent from mTalk
No, as the slots go up, so do control requirements.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Sent from mTalk
No once training starts taming is required. Though getting swarmed by 5 could make pvp fun :)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
No, still bush only. Which is why I didn't keep them, no stable slot room without putting tame/lore on.
Eh? Do you get less stable slots on Siege? Our characters on Europa have 6 stable slots as non tamers. That would be sufficient for that plan. We kind of like the idea!

I have not played with either yet, but based on the stats the lesser very well may be a better choice for PvM. Regular one comes with a dismount which will waste mana and drop DPS when it's fired instead of something more useful.
We also hardly used them so far, but according to UOGuide the Lesser Hiryus also have Dismount? It is in the Tameables list as well as the Lesser Hiryu page, which even states in the "story": "The Lesser Hiryu is the younger version of the powerful Hiryu. They are not quite as strong, but also will knock a rider off their mount."

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We also hardly used them so far, but according to UOGuide the Lesser Hiryus also have Dismount? It is in the Tameables list as well as the Lesser Hiryu page, which even states in the "story": "The Lesser Hiryu is the younger version of the powerful Hiryu. They are not quite as strong, but also will knock a rider off their mount."
Oh, that would be unfortunate. Maybe if someone has one tamed, they could take a look at the abilities.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If Hiryu didn't look so abysmal in the EC, I'd totally grab a 1 slot Lesser and train it up.
I feel silly tho, riding a giant chicken into battle.
A Plucked Chicken to boot! I agree. Wish they would fix how they look.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The lessers do have dismount.

And uoguide should be correct for the lesser hiryu skill information. It's one of the ones I had submitted to an editor.

Any page that has what's trainable on the pet should be relatively accurate. I have been running around taming and leveling what I can and submitting screens of all their training options to help get as much info updated as quickly as possible.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lessers Were on my training list for today :) Here is the one farthest along and on his last leg before being complete. Looking like the lesser is going to turn out better than the full hiryu......... Something wrong with that picture in my mind. Anyway two more Dread Pirates and he finishes up. Going to drop 120 Parry, Wrestle, Bushi, Tact, and Anat on him in the last round and see where the HP end up.

LH1.jpg LH2.jpg LH3.jpg LH4.jpg LH5.jpg LH6.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What order did you put those on the Whirlwind, bushido and such?

Seems to me whenever I chose something they all go away.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just choose bushido. Learning bushido gives the whirlwind attack move. Think of it like the weapon mysteries where they give you extra moves with the one selection

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
HI there... Most of you will not know me.. I do a lot of sim's and test on pets and order... I recently have been testing Hiryu's With the lesser you can give them an extra move so long as ya pick it before you add Bush.. armor ignore at 120 range is sexy with 134-150ish damage.. an I've Been running sims with Goo on them giving them a High damage range aoe on top of their high damage melee aoe..... So far its been very promising... sorry I get excited and carried away wit this stuff.. my main point.. any Monster your can add Bush to purely( without giving it a special to force it like feint or. N. strike) Will auto get Whirl attack aoe... So if ya pick a special or aoe before adding bush you can gain an extra move on Hiryu's =^-^=