• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legends of Siege

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL. WoW is basically Trammel Warring with Insurance...only the insurance doesn't cost any gold...la
Rico try DFO. You're the kinda player we need over there.
I tried. They lost a probable long time subscriber because I couldn't get them to sell me an account. I was all set to try it out. I got into beta a week before they opened up the real shards. I was able to log in once for about 2 minutes before getting pk'd by a couple of players after taking about 2 steps and then locking up. I never was able to log in after that.

It was rather funny...la

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow has a fair share of pvp newbies, however after doing both Wow and UO pvp, Wow pvp is much more balanced (which is why I liked UO pvp, Necro/Ninja/Mage FTW), and WoW pvp takes much more timing and team coordination than UO ever took.
lol!!!

That is the biggest bunch of turd covered toilet I've ever read. WOW PvP doesn't take more timing and team coordination. It takes the right character combination(pally/dk/hunter crap,) character specs and gear to compete.

Timing and coordination fall soooo ****ing low on the list it isn't even funny

WOW PvP is a joke. It's for carebear waffles who can't cut it in games with real PvP.

C

Calyip

UO PvP is a pretty big joke now too if you want to be fair. In UO:R when resist worked as it should now, 4 mages dumping could be lived through with 2 good mages. Now if you have 2 good mages against 4 mages, when those 4 mages get a dump off you're either going to : die, or run. When you make PvP more fast paced as EA has, it becomes less skillful and more reliant on button mashing and pots. But yes, UO does take more skill than WoW....but WoW is far more balanced.

S

Scopulus Falco

Names and Guilds I remember from the early days of SP

Within the first week the realm was reset if i remember correctly

BIH (Brothers in Honor)
WC (Wicked Clowns)
CE (Criminal Element)
GC (Guardians Chosen) aka The Caball
AoD (Angels of Death)
RoK (Royal Order of Knights) First legit Castle
SUN (Banned for duping a Castle)
ToM (Temple of Mondain)
TaK (House of Tak'ir)
I (The Imperium)
UDL (Undead Lords)
LAW (Legion of Angry Warriors)
VJ (Vigilante Justice)

Vaniir (GC)
Sath Tak'ir (Tak)
Crassius Tak'ir (Tak)
Mahja (BiH)
Thandarian (BiH)
Oliver Holmes (RoK) (LAW) (BiH)
Sistro Mondain (CAT) (BiH)
Fireball (BiH)
Katrina (GC)
BiLL GaTeS (GC)
Nut (WC)
Nubluk (UDL)
Jetstar (KGB)
Wacker (AoD)
WORD
Freja - (Queen Outlaw)
a sewer rat (Moonglow Theif)
Romp (ToM)
MOCKER
Darkman X
Knives (I)
MISKO (RoK)
Bushmaster (RoK) (BiH)
Ayn (RoK) (LAW) (BiH)
Challenger (RoK)
Wolf (VJ) (BiH)
Conary Mor (RoK)

Other notables

Fear from Battle Vortex
Corwin
Crazy Joe
Turtle Chomper

Freeze (WW) owned by Sistro Mondain

Oh and btw Freja MOCKER was not Wacker :)
Just a small correction on 2 names i knew well,
Sath Ta'Kier
Crassius Ta'Kier
Not (Tak'ir)
There are still two player from TAK playing.Me and one other.

A

Arden

I was at the top of the pvp chain in UO both on Pacific and Siege, WoW pvp is much harder than UO. Now when I say WoW pvp I mean Arena not Battlegrounds. BGs is where the trash plays.

Yes like you said Black, WoW pvp is based a lot around gear and character selection, however anyone can get PvP gear its very easy to acquire compared to runic armor and artifacts. Also, any comp can beat any comp if played right. Yes there are "overpowered" combos such as priest+rouge and pally+lock, but it comes down to skill more than anything else. If you dont believe me go look up the highest ranked teams in the world. You find everything from Enhance Shaman to Shadow Priests (arguably the ****tiest pvp classes) all over 2700+ rating.

I'm sorry Sync dumping in old pvp and pre-casting heals and spells is nothing compared to chain cc's and lockout rotations. Every single person that tried WoW for a few months and came running back to UO calling it "carebare" couldn't make it. Case in point, Cheapsuit, he couldn't break a 1200 rating (you start at 1500 and lose/gain points per fight).

WoW pvp is based around multi-player coordination, not single player weaken macros. In UO if you **** you you lose. In WoW if you or your partner(s) **** you you lose. Even if both people in a 2v2 play perfectly they will still lose if they don't coordinate their play. To say a 1v1 game is harder than a 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5 game it just plan stupid.

Lastly, if WoW pvp was so easy, why not just do it for the money? They hold Bliz sanctioned Tourneys every year and give away thousands of dollars in cash and prizes. Let me guess, real life money is too carebear for you all?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was at the top of the pvp chain in UO both on Pacific and Siege, WoW pvp is much harder than UO. Now when I say WoW pvp I mean Arena not Battlegrounds. BGs is where the trash plays.

Yes like you said Black, WoW pvp is based a lot around gear and character selection, however anyone can get PvP gear its very easy to acquire compared to runic armor and artifacts. Also, any comp can beat any comp if played right. Yes there are "overpowered" combos such as priest+rouge and pally+lock, but it comes down to skill more than anything else. If you dont believe me go look up the highest ranked teams in the world. You find everything from Enhance Shaman to Shadow Priests (arguably the ****tiest pvp classes) all over 2700+ rating.

I'm sorry Sync dumping in old pvp and pre-casting heals and spells is nothing compared to chain cc's and lockout rotations. Every single person that tried WoW for a few months and came running back to UO calling it "carebare" couldn't make it. Case in point, Cheapsuit, he couldn't break a 1200 rating (you start at 1500 and lose/gain points per fight).

WoW pvp is based around multi-player coordination, not single player weaken macros. In UO if you **** you you lose. In WoW if you or your partner(s) **** you you lose. Even if both people in a 2v2 play perfectly they will still lose if they don't coordinate their play. To say a 1v1 game is harder than a 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5 game it just plan stupid.

Lastly, if WoW pvp was so easy, why not just do it for the money? They hold Bliz sanctioned Tourneys every year and give away thousands of dollars in cash and prizes. Let me guess, real life money is too carebear for you all?
WoW PvP is as simple or as complicated as you want to make it, just like UO PvP. Carried to extreme, it is a min/max number crunching game, just like UO. That is fun for some, a rat race and not fun for many. To me personally, that sort of approach kills the feeling of being in another world, it feels more like I am playing a spreadsheet, and running reports at work, not playing a character in a fantasy world. For those that enjoy that, and excel at it, I say more power to them, but just like it irritated me in UO when people acted like certain playstyles were worthless, it irritates me seeing people labeled as "trash" who aren't interested in one PvP facet of the game in WoW - arena, and yet are interested in others. :talktothehand:

-Skylark

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WoW PvP is not harder than UO's. It may be more engaging than Sieges, but it for damn sure isn't harder.

It's been a long long time since Siege has had any real PvP or even big battles. I'm talking on the order of 20 vs 20+, which is what UO PvP has been pushed towards (and pushed away from 1 v 1.)

On atlantic, fighting 30 vs 30 happens often. Player coordination, how you use the terrain, timing, teamwork, and being more skill based than WoW in terms of timing and teamwork.

I'm sorry, but Siege's lil itsy bitsy skirmishes here and there with *maybe* 5v5 or 8v8 at most are are not something to compare to Arena... because you're comparing apples to oranges.

You want to compare arena? no, sorry.

Try 20 versus 20 or 100 versus 100. Something you'll never see in WoW. Something I see all the time and now that I'm playing DFO... I'm finally seeing 100 versus 100 again.

I'm currently playing Darkfall. You want to talk skilled PvP? Try that game. Where if you suck at PvP, you can kill the people who are trying to help you kill an opponent. And no, I'm not talking about killing them because you didn't heal them or didn't do this or that which caused the other team to kill them... I'm talking you can kill them, literally.

A game where a siege of 100 versus 100 goes on for hours and you risk losing your town, resources, everything. Where you can get on a ship and fight at sea. Where you can loot your opponent and none of that soulbound bull****.

Try a game where player skill determines who's better and not who's farmed the uberest gear the longest.

There are no spreadsheets of calculations or any of the bull**** number games people play to tweak out there characters. No. You pick up a broadsword and try to smash it against your opponents face.

Because that game sucks. I don't want to spend eons PvMing just to be able to PvP. I put up with it in UO, but I will never do that **** again. I don't want to play my videogames on a schedule "hey guyths, kara run at 8pm sharp... be there or be square" and I do not want to stand in line for a bull**** match that has more to do with character combinations, gear and specs than anything else (such as skill.) 40 man PvE battles of epic turd tasting lameness is the gayest thing ever. If I wanted to play a videogame for the monsters... I'll fire up my playstation and get lit. I play online to face **** other players. Point blank.

So I will continue to play UO. Because I'm established and when I log on... I can just PvP. Whether on atlantic fighting armies of people at yew or champ spawns... or on siege, fighting little skirmishes here and there cause we've ran you and any other real competition there ever was off this server...(enjoy carebear land ****-boi. )

Regardless, you go enjoy your carebear orgy 'leths go kill monsthers guyths' **** fest and I will continue to desicate corpses and PvP in games that aren't steaming piles of **** donkey doo doo.

So feel free to continue telling me more about how totally awesome a PvM carebear game is. I'll continue playing PvP games. Because I'm a... you know... PvP Gamer.

Thanks.

Bye.

A

Arden

I get the feeling you never even tried wow. Btw it has 40v40 battles, 15v15 and 10v10s going all day everyday, and even now you can get 100v100 every 2.5hours. And let me say it isnt nearly as laggy as it was in UO. Where you cast about 1 spell every 40 secs.

And as for the pvp tourney, again better than UO, they provide you with any gear you want. You have full selection of every piece of gear again a balance UO will never provide. Where did you get your gear for pvping in UO? Monsters? in WoW you dont have to kill a single monster and you can have the best pvp gear.

Again, its obvious you dont even play darkfall. Ash from 40theives is playing it right now and the pvp is crap. The only thing people do in that game is steal mounts and exploit monsters AI for quick loot and skill gain.

I really want to know what sort of drugs you take to maintain the dream world you live in. Where you find yourself funny, knowledgeable and experienced. Please mail me some.

P.S. Blackrain - I bet you could write a book about how great you are and even Id buy it just to read the nonsense you can make up.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<-- Notice my timing is impecable... even in board PvP!

You'd buy a book, even though you can't read?

Written by me:
Because that game sucks. I don't want to spend eons PvMing just to be able to PvP. I put up with it in UO, but I will never do that **** again.
I'm established in UO and therefore I PvP in it. If I was a newbie, I wouldn't play this game because of the ******** grindfest it takes to get competative gear. Since I'm not a newb and I've pretty much got all of my characters set (for the most part) I still log in.

I've played WoW. It sucks. It sucked. It will forever suck. (I don't know that there are many more ways to tell you that-that game sucks.)

You yourself even said battle grounds were a steaming pile of poo, because they are. Congrats, you have 40 vs 40 ****ty PvP all the time. You turds can circle the same toilet bowl every day... I'll PvP in a real game, k tks.

Now tell me some more about a videogame you don't play and your friend told you this and that about. I'm currently re-rolling from Mahirim to dwarf because I dont know if the devs will give the race 4 legged run. I should be competative with-in 2 weeks without having to kill a single monster in order to get my character PvPable (see, that's the perk of having PvPer friends that know what the hell they are doing and aren't carebear monster bashing twinks, HI REVVO!)

And I smoke trees. Happy 420.

You love my style.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WoW PvP is not harder than UO's. It may be more engaging than Sieges, but it for damn sure isn't harder.

It's been a long long time since Siege has had any real PvP or even big battles. I'm talking on the order of 20 vs 20+, which is what UO PvP has been pushed towards (and pushed away from 1 v 1.)

On atlantic, fighting 30 vs 30 happens often. Player coordination, how you use the terrain, timing, teamwork, and being more skill based than WoW in terms of timing and teamwork.

I'm sorry, but Siege's lil itsy bitsy skirmishes here and there with *maybe* 5v5 or 8v8 at most are are not something to compare to Arena... because you're comparing apples to oranges.

You want to compare arena? no, sorry.

Try 20 versus 20 or 100 versus 100. Something you'll never see in WoW. Something I see all the time and now that I'm playing DFO... I'm finally seeing 100 versus 100 again.

I'm currently playing Darkfall. You want to talk skilled PvP? Try that game. Where if you suck at PvP, you can kill the people who are trying to help you kill an opponent. And no, I'm not talking about killing them because you didn't heal them or didn't do this or that which caused the other team to kill them... I'm talking you can kill them, literally.

A game where a siege of 100 versus 100 goes on for hours and you risk losing your town, resources, everything. Where you can get on a ship and fight at sea. Where you can loot your opponent and none of that soulbound bull****.

Try a game where player skill determines who's better and not who's farmed the uberest gear the longest.

There are no spreadsheets of calculations or any of the bull**** number games people play to tweak out there characters. No. You pick up a broadsword and try to smash it against your opponents face.

Because that game sucks. I don't want to spend eons PvMing just to be able to PvP. I put up with it in UO, but I will never do that **** again. I don't want to play my videogames on a schedule "hey guyths, kara run at 8pm sharp... be there or be square" and I do not want to stand in line for a bull**** match that has more to do with character combinations, gear and specs than anything else (such as skill.) 40 man PvE battles of epic turd tasting lameness is the gayest thing ever. If I wanted to play a videogame for the monsters... I'll fire up my playstation and get lit. I play online to face **** other players. Point blank.

So I will continue to play UO. Because I'm established and when I log on... I can just PvP. Whether on atlantic fighting armies of people at yew or champ spawns... or on siege, fighting little skirmishes here and there cause we've ran you and any other real competition there ever was off this server...(enjoy carebear land ****-boi. )

Regardless, you go enjoy your carebear orgy 'leths go kill monsthers guyths' **** fest and I will continue to desicate corpses and PvP in games that aren't steaming piles of **** donkey doo doo.

So feel free to continue telling me more about how totally awesome a PvM carebear game is. I'll continue playing PvP games. Because I'm a... you know... PvP Gamer.

Thanks.

Bye.
Settle down Beavis.