• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legends event tonite according to Dupre

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Herald has posted that there is to be an event, as part of the current story arc, on June 25th (Monday) but, according to Lord Dupre last evening during construction of a campsite, the event on Legends will happen tonite. Our town criers have the correct information.

For those that missed the camp building last nite it is located near the gargoyle encampment in Ilshenar, just north of where the the Blackthorn castle ruins are now. To get there go to Honor gate in Ilshenar and head north along the mountain wall.... go thru the tunnel in the mountain and then go east to the camp.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to be [CENSORED]ing me. So now even more people will miss this one-time chance to obtain a character-altering stat scroll? Honestly, if I hadn't inadvertently set up UO to bill me monthly I would have cut my subscription. As is, Mesanna, the dev's, etc. have one month to convince me that they aren't just making it up as they go along.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sherry the Mouse and the town criers have been giving the correct information all along, it was the Herald that was incorrect. Hopefully, anyone that checks the Herald also checks these forums. Our shard reporter, Jeriico, was diligent in including this information in his thread about the current story arc. And I can't believe that the devs have no further plans for distributing these scrolls, the mere appearance of them has set off a small firestorm and they had to have foreseen that.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to be [CENSORED]ing me. So now even more people will miss this one-time chance to obtain a character-altering stat scroll? Honestly, if I hadn't inadvertently set up UO to bill me monthly I would have cut my subscription. As is, Mesanna, the dev's, etc. have one month to convince me that they aren't just making it up as they go along.
I honestly wish everyone would calm down over this. You get +5 to stats, and the cute thing is that the scroll stay with you, with your name on it. A souvenir, of sorts.

I really believe, after the event arcs are over, this will be worked in where everyone gets the bonus, altho I can see th Johnny-come-lately crew NOT getting the souvenir scroll. You eat it, it's gone. *shrugs* Seems fair enough to me, everyone gets the bonus, the event partakers get a keepsake. The bonus didn't stand after AoS, everyone ended up with it, this will probably turn out the same way.

I've missed events. I've just skipped events. That's why I don't have a sea dragon herder title. Ain't no thang...they went, I didn't. Not everyone can make all events, ya just have to make what ya can, and not be so jealous of those who were able to make one you couldnt...

I can't believe all of the people who are threatening to quit over this...5 stat points woulda been an earthshaking game changer 10 years ago. Now it shouldnt even be a blip on the radar. With all the custom building going on, anyone can get equal. There are still caps for certain things. For instance:

After a certain point, dex gets redundant. Swing speed has a cap. I cant use all the dex/stamina oone of my toons has, cause the SS cap cuts him off.

Another toon has ridiculous str. But there is a cap on its effectiveness. I wanted him ( t hunter) to be able to carry more, but there's some silly limitation on how much the PACK will hold...so even tho he could, the pack wont LOL

Mana...get some regen if you run low, and with max regen and one of the blue orbs to hit once in a while as needed, I don't seem to have a problem with mana either.

Not saying I'm good, I die alla time...usuallly first ;) But even tho I always hated people telling me to "adapt", that's about all we can do.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I agree with you there, Uriah.
I surely want the memento with my name, but I really can't see how a meager +5 to stats will break or change things much.
I have no idea of what to do with those +5 on any of my chars... and most of them haven't eaten a +25 scroll yet.

If this would change the max stat cap from 125 to 130 and 150 to 155, then it would be something big, but this ain't the case.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really can't compare a worthless decorative title to a game-altering stat increase. And if it were a mere title then I'd be fine--but it's not.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didnt get looting rights either. but no matter, I understand the scroll is a pack drop...and doesnt look like a powerscroll, so go check you stuff again. Might be a pleasant surprise in there for ya!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I am going to bed. I sure hope I don't get up in the morning and have to start cleaning these threads up before I have my coffee...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*stealths away with Uriahs coffee pot* :devil:
:lol:

yep, four hours, many deaths and no scroll drop nor looting rights.... disappointed? yep... angry? not really, or I should say not yet, cause if it turns out that this was the only opportunity for this item then, yah, I'll be angry.. but I just don't see the devs being that dumb

Cuda, the turnout was average for our events, and tho the wall busting did get a bit tedious it was kinda fun to fling fire or shoot arrows at a rock wall and watch it get destroyed... the boss was huge and ugly with area effects that drained my mana and stamina and then while weakened he'd hit.. little death vortexes (vortices? never sure which is correct) crawling all over keeping you away from him

it was a bit long for me.. never did care for starting these things at 9pm cause us old folks just can't stay awake that late! but all in all, it was a good time

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had much fun in the event, even though I didn't get any looting rights either. The wall breaking part dragged too long for my taste, but the boss fight was awesome. I am a bit disappointed that we didn't get a memento saying that we helped fight Exodus, though. Can't care about +5 stat (My mage really don't need +5 str), but it would be nice to have something with my toon name saying that I took part on Exodus fight. :)

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoyed the event very much. The battle against the exodus minions that led to the underground area was my favorite part, I enjoyed how the players truely were one unit pushing forward. I felt like there was a clear front line and beyond it was an army of exodus, when I was feeling confident I would try to push past the front line and summon a vortex in enemy territory which usually led to me retreating to the back ranks in need of a rez. If I understand correctly the +5 stat scroll was awarded in players packs who caused enough damage to the boss and there was also a journal Dupre put down at the Honor moongate which could be clicked to receive a copy. For me being relatilvely new. compared to alot of the Legends players. I thought it was a great turnout and saw a lot of names I recognized but dont see too often and hope too see them a little more frequently. :)