• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legendary, at long last

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made my tamer, my main, the first day I opened my account. Said account is now 52 months old, and finally - FINALLY I have achieved that magic 120. Only used about 1.2-ish in SOTs to get up there, too - not too much cheating :p

Now, where's that club-house? ;P

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Congratulations!! Wish there was SOT's when I worked mine up. Welcome to the club!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations!!

Now all you need to do is erase the bull and ridgeback graphics from your head and stop taming any passing bulls you find lol. I remember taming in my sleep far too frequently!

Wenchy

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I can't forget the bulls yet, I'm now doing herding on another char :hahaha:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I can't forget the bulls yet, I'm now doing herding on another char :hahaha:
IMHO herding works best with a GD. Stone herding over to a stealther, go to Destard and train away. You're GM in no time...

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations!!

Now all you need to do is erase the bull and ridgeback graphics from your head and stop taming any passing bulls you find lol. I remember taming in my sleep far too frequently!

Wenchy
Wow, do people still train to 120 with bulls and ridgebacks?

I stoned off some skills to get under 350. Then you get 2 GGs per day. Means you can make it from 115 to 120 in just 25 days. With a SoA even in less than 12 days if you're lucky...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, do people still train to 120 with bulls and ridgebacks?

I stoned off some skills to get under 350. Then you get 2 GGs per day. Means you can make it from 115 to 120 in just 25 days. With a SoA even in less than 12 days if you're lucky...
Well, there isn't a single path to training taming so yes, some of us have used other methods :) I've certainly seen folks use bulls for their ggs gains, it's a convenient spawn to grab a gain on. Ridgebacks don't seem that popular now, but I certainly tamed plenty - but I hit 120 years ago lol. At the time most folks used Ridgebacks and there weren't any booster scrolls to use. Oh and soulstones still had a delay heh.

I start with stoned off characters, working gains fast, but as soon as the char has enough to control their pets without jewels etc, skills are added back to the char and I use them. Training taming is optional at that point, sometimes I work cu sidhe and get gains on them, or I tame a bull or two heh. Often I've trained a whole new template along with taming, rather than working different skill groups in isolation. But my goal is always to do things in a way I enjoy, it's no fun for me having a char unusable all through training. I always try to power train scrolled off tamers, but I just never last long before I take my newbie hunting. All work and no play is apparently incompatible with Wenchy :p

Wenchy

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, there isn't a single path to training taming so yes, some of us have used other methods :) I've certainly seen folks use bulls for their ggs gains, it's a convenient spawn to grab a gain on. Ridgebacks don't seem that popular now, but I certainly tamed plenty - but I hit 120 years ago lol. At the time most folks used Ridgebacks and there weren't any booster scrolls to use. Oh and soulstones still had a delay heh.

I start with stoned off characters, working gains fast, but as soon as the char has enough to control their pets without jewels etc, skills are added back to the char and I use them. Training taming is optional at that point, sometimes I work cu sidhe and get gains on them, or I tame a bull or two heh. Often I've trained a whole new template along with taming, rather than working different skill groups in isolation. But my goal is always to do things in a way I enjoy, it's no fun for me having a char unusable all through training. I always try to power train scrolled off tamers, but I just never last long before I take my newbie hunting. All work and no play is apparently incompatible with Wenchy :p

Wenchy
Sure. A single GGS once in a while (and I too had "only" 110+ taming for about half an eternity). But about a year ago I decided to finally get this damn title ;) And taming for an hour and just getting a single gain from GGS always discouraged me. So I decided to speed up those GGS :D
Unfortunately you don't gain through "normal gameplay", i.e. hunting with your pet. But just trying to spawn me some rare colored Cus with good stats was fun too, which also gave me a fair amount of gains.