• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legend Players are RUDE

E

ehb

I have started playing again after several years away from UO. I had been playing on Atlantic Server in the past.

But because there is more housing oppertunities on Legend, I decided to play here instead, knowing the lack of players compared to some other servers. But I did not know that players seem less social. Being new to Legends, I asked in Luna few time if I could get a gate to areas where there is no gate, or so as not to drag a team of pack horses through spawns. But not once has anyone been willing to gate me to a single location I needed or wanted to go.

I asked outloud at the bank couple questions, since the game has changed some since I last played, but not one person offered to answer.

On any other shard, I would have gotten 2 or more players offering to provide the gate requested or answer the question I had asked, but not here on Legends.

I am already debating weather or not to go another server or not, but I will continue to play on Legends until I do make my decision.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree with you completely. apparently the only reason people come to luna is to banksit so that with people constantly refreshing the screen they won't log out (though i see little purpose in this aside from scripting?).

i, too, have asked numerous questions throughout my time and gotten no replies. all i can assume is that everyone is banksitting and sleeping (and usually they are). if you want more help i might suggest haven, though it's going to be hit or miss there as well.

if i might suggest, i've heard wonderful things about lake austin if you were thinking of changing shards. hope all goes well :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more people in Brit these days due to the turn-ins, have you tried there?

don't banksit, myself, and only pass thru Luna bank now and then on a shopping spree, but if you see me scampering by, by all means, chase me down and I'll be glad to help if I can

some of my family goes to Luna now and then to find a tamer to rez a dead pony, and I've always found someone to help with that, so I've never encountered these rude people you seem to have found

N

NewThunder

I have started playing again after several years away from UO. I had been playing on Atlantic Server in the past.

But because there is more housing oppertunities on Legend, I decided to play here instead, knowing the lack of players compared to some other servers. But I did not know that players seem less social. Being new to Legends, I asked in Luna few time if I could get a gate to areas where there is no gate, or so as not to drag a team of pack horses through spawns. But not once has anyone been willing to gate me to a single location I needed or wanted to go.

I asked outloud at the bank couple questions, since the game has changed some since I last played, but not one person offered to answer.

On any other shard, I would have gotten 2 or more players offering to provide the gate requested or answer the question I had asked, but not here on Legends.

I am already debating weather or not to go another server or not, but I will continue to play on Legends until I do make my decision.
Legends Players are not rude, they are just often AFK at the bank. Did you try asking around Haven there are often many folks in haven willing to help out.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saw this post and for some reason thought Bud Smoker might have started playing again.

E

ehb

more people in Brit these days due to the turn-ins, have you tried there?

don't banksit, myself, and only pass thru Luna bank now and then on a shopping spree, but if you see me scampering by, by all means, chase me down and I'll be glad to help if I can

some of my family goes to Luna now and then to find a tamer to rez a dead pony, and I've always found someone to help with that, so I've never encountered these rude people you seem to have found
I usually go to Brit first, but it seems no one is there most of the time, so I then trot off to Luna. Maybe half in Luna are AFK, but there are many there that are at kb as well.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legends players aren't rude. Luna bank sitters are, for the most part. There are exceptions, but that's one of the reasons you won't see me sitting at the bank there.

K

Kula

ehb you can't have your cake and eat it too.

You admit you came here because you knew our population is lower than other shards. Then you expect us not to all be afk / awol when you need us to gate you around the empty shard so you can move into your house?

So unless you log in during peak hours, no you wont find "live" people at the bank. People bank sit because they don't get autologged, and they can check their screen every so often so see what's going on.

I personally do this quite often as I do other tasks on the PC. I go to Luna so that I don't get logged and I can check my "Journal" every 5-10 minutes to see what's up.

To suggest people are rude for not doing everything you ask of them is plain ol' selfish thinking. When we're not AFK, we're nice people. So please leave this shard at once if you can't deal with the silence and moments of personal reflection.

D

Danse

I frequent Luna a lot. I try to do some BoD's there, (tailor), and while doing them I am usually having to answer the phone, clean up hairballs, or change out laundry, AND fetch for hubby:bowdown:...that AND, I tend to get a bit too focused on what I am doing to pay attention to those around me.

I apologize to you, because, this IS being rude. I will try to be more aware of my surroundings and those around me. But, it wil not happen over night...so bear with me. PLEASE!:blushing:

C

Caelas

Let me recap my first few days on Legends...
I was given a Quiver of Infinity
I was given a full set of high resist, high MR / LMC Armor
I was given more bows than I can shake an arrow at
My wife and I were given a keep
My guildies and Aliiance members took time away from what they were doing to help grind up dang near 10,000 feathers so I could make arrows/bolts for training
The same Alliance came to my wife's aid when she accidently ended up dead in Montor in Ilshenar, sacrificing themselves after rezing her.

I have yet to see any player bashing or spamming that goes on over in Atlantic and Great Lakes, both shards I have played on. There is zero pressure to perform...just do your own thing and have fun.

If the above items are rude...heh, well, I like rude.

S

Sorcon Gartius

If I was at the keyboard, you would have probably gotten stuff. I play a lot of Guitar Hero when I'm in UO so I'm not always attentive. I gave away several things last night to people spamming for them... Powerscrolls and what not.

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw this post and thought thats odd I dont remember meeting this fellow. BTW if you need houseing up to a keep we do in fact have a few spots I know of where I can assist you placing ( no charge) I like allot of players on Legends are nuetral but I can tunr on a dime and be a butt just ask around to those I find offensive or stupid or both.:thumbup:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
* walks in all mean like *

I think this post is rude! My dear abc, if you are so temperamental about people not responding to you, then Id hate to see you in a dungeon when you die.

I know for a fact, that this shard is probably one of the nicest and easiest shards to get started on. I also know that there are people who would bend over backwards for someone in need. I also know, that if you give people a chance on this shard, I can promise you that in a month you wont be singing that same tune.

Furthermore, Luna, is an afk persons dream. If I ask for something and dont get it, I go and find it myself. Thats what I do, im resourceful that way. And if I cant find it, I ask Sorcon for it...

*steps off soap box*

Rude?!? Hurmph.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ignore omnicron. he's one of the rudest people on legends. and this is not a tongue-in-cheek response.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LoL who is this trashy guy to talk to me? Homie dosnt know a dime about me, lols...

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey look I thought your post was so awesome legendsguy I made it my signature, but you know, with proper capitalization and what not.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To Danse, great to see you, I have missed you in game!

To Omni and Legends Guy...play nice!

To the general post..Be patient, there are many many awesome people here and it does take a bit of time and positive interaction to build a support base. If not AFK or otherwise engaged any member of ELV/OS/C^D/*A*/H^A or FSB will extend a hand. Remember you never know what is going on behind the screen. I am often afk on phone with family members. In our guild..it is family first : )

D

DebconLady

The Ol Time Players of Legends wouldn't think of being Rude to Anyone! It's not in our blood! We, in fact, are the ones that made this shard what it is.
(Please refer to Mage's Post on the Guilds that are part of this Elite Legends Family) And of course, I would never forget those who are not listed, but you know who you are. We have been here since the Beginning of Legends.

However, there are some new lil spoiled snerts that have made their way to Legends. And, as a fact of life, I am sure they exist on every shard.

But I can guarantee you, that you will find less of them on Legends!

Because that's how we Like It!!!:next:

PS: If this post sounds righteous, I'm sorry in advance *hugs*

PSS: Legendsguy, Omni doesn't have a rude bone in his body! We know, he's part of the Family!

P

Pennywise

Y-y-yeah, Iza knows what you means. Sometimes doh, peeps be on at dat der Luna bank but ares actually watchin' Big Broders or Americans Idols.

Ones of da tings about Legends is dat even doh der bees less peeps and more elbow rooms, its a spit and a holler to find people fer help sometimes. Its dat ole give and take.

Legends is fine, doh, if you askin' meez.

Hang in der, buddies. I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Second best quote ever...first is Chris Walken "What this songs needs, is more cowbell"...is best ever.

K

Kula

I want your blood and I want your soul...

And I want them both right now!

P

Pennywise

W-w-we doin' sayins, huh?

Hows about John Wayne in da "Shootist," in response to Ron Howard (Oppy of Mayberry), wondering how he killed so many people when he didn't seem so fast.

In response, John Wayne replied, "No, not the fastest. Just more willing."

B

BardMal

Maybe you should try the fel Yew gate.

I have over 60 toons on various shards, and there are many shards with many nice players. Legends has a flavor all its own, and a community which is very unique to the game.

I have seen people who were "mortal enemies" come together for a common cause, putting their differences aside to accomplish tasks, I have seen people who did not get along join together to help mutual friends, re equip people who have lost alot, built accounts given to players who had lost their accounts.

Legends is my favorite shard, but it has always been a "frontier" shard of self starters and self supporters who banded together to forge the shard, and blazed their own trails where no runes existed.

If you problem with our shard is that you couldn't get a gate somewhere when you were under developed and your response is to complain on stratics about it - Legends is not the shard for you.

I have never asked or suggested anyone leave our shard, not once. In your case I make an exception - please leave.

If you were just having a bad day, I can understand. You should delete your post and try again.

But seriously, if your style of game play is, "you players should do this for me" - we don't owe you a gate or a piece of garlic.

Personally, I have given away millions in gold and items to new players and shard transfers, anonymously, and personally. We have a freebie basket at our tram gate vendor house and leave some pretty good stuff in it often.

Please, as a long time Legends vet, I invite you to leave if you honestly think that one or two days of not getting a gate from Luna bank for you and your packies means we are rude.

D

Danse

I not rude...I just mean...*sticks out tongue...*

By the way...today is PURPLE day!!

You have been warned!
:lick:

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i really don't think the solution to getting more people on legends (or ultima for that matter) lies in telling people to leave because they needed helped and couldn't find it among the banksitters. i was in this guy's same predicament a couple weeks ago with my crafter as i tried desperately to get someone to gate me to heartwood. for a new person, how are they suppose to know the difference between banksitting and ignoring someone?

B

BardMal

Interesting assumptions - "solution to getting more players".

I don't mind population changes -

personally, I don't care for self indulgent whiners casting names at the community I love and have interacted with these many years, because they don't have the "stones" to go exploring.

as for needing a gate to Heartwood, dude, take a moongate and walk three screens.

Crap, when I was a kid, I had to figure out how to get 10-15 miles so I could hit up a skatepark and skate all day then drink from a hose in some little ol' lady's yard when I was thirsty. Now, in video games people can't/won't figure out how to walk somewhere by holding their finger on a mouse button and turning their wrist from time to time.

There's a difference between a "quality population" like we have for the most part on Legends, and a whining community of self indulgent little p!$$ants who need to be teleported around because they lack the adventurer/explorer spirit.

There was a day on Legends when if you wanted armor repairs you had to find Casca at the WBB because he was about the only GM smith that existed, if you wanted regs, one of the best ways was to pick them up on the ground foraging outside Moonglow. It was six months before any real player vendor mall ever existed - the vets will remember Angel's Halo and King Dane.

I remember getting a res once at the Brit cemetery and asking. "How may I repay thee M'Lady" and the response was, "Make a GM carpenter, we are going to need Yew tables once we get our house placed."

Goodness, Plucky Duck looks at virtually every house sign Legends wide without any macros or even UO Assist virtually every day. Sorc had to propose to every female on the shard (and several others rumor has it). Legends players are an accomplishment community, generous yes, but should we really be indulgent to those who won't "hoe their own row"?

D

Deadly Shadow

Oh My bring back the memories. I had not thought of Angel's Halo in quite some while. I remember back when trying to start a mage could not find Sulfuric Ash on the ground at all. What a mess that was so decided to make Phoenix into a Archer after a week and forgot about being a mage. GhostRider when he is there at Luna bank making scrolls he has stopped and offered to help either with gold or gate or taken person to castle to give resources or armer if he had extra many times. All that he has ever asked when offered payment, is to return the favor to another when in of help.

B

BardMal

Lady Sangria gave Ally and I a 10k down payment on the marble patio we were saving up for with the same "pay it forward" suggestion. She had recently placed her tower at that time.

I had forgot about the sulferous ash, but now I know why I still loot ash out of monsters when ever I see it heh heh. Black pearl was so hard to see before I got UO Assist "pick up nearby regents" hot key.

There are alot of really neat people who play UO, Legends is home to many of the most generous of them.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been on much more populated shards and asked for a gate and got zero response. I figured out how to get where I needed to go. I didn't call an entire shard rude for the actions of a couple of people...and in this case on legends, a couple of people who were probably afk.

Legends has been home to me for a long time and I have seen such generosity here that simply does not exist on many other shards. I too take offense to the name calling.

Maybe a better idea would have been to come to the boards saying "hey, I'm new here...can anyone help me with some runes or gates?"

And as for Angel's Halo...I still have that rune in my runebook. I have never had the heart to toss or remark it.

P

Pennywise

"Meat's back on the menu, boys!" Exclaimed the orc leader from Lord of the Rings, as one of his own fighters was killed, and he needed to feed his men.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Eh I'm one of the rudest people on legends, So I'll be on the look out for ya ehb so I can be rude to you as well.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey I'm poor and need stuffs too!!:D

And I never even got to meet the rude Omni :bowdown: , yet...

But yeah, there's a lot of fantastic peeps here, you just gotta know where to meet em!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we never had any idea where the sulphurous ash came from, and Deb resigned herself to never tossing fire based spells..... was a big night for us whenever we could gather enough coins together to actually buy some... wasn't that stuff mined or sumpin back then? I still don't know where it came from back then, but you're right Deadly, it wasn't ever just layin' around...... and it was literally years before I stopped picking up mandrake root, cause that was tough to find, too

Dane took me to Angel's Halo and I just stood there in awe, so many things that I had never seen before.... and a piano!! and seated on a bench at the piano was an NPC! my astonishment at the sight of that place rivals the first time I saw a player riding a horse

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh King Dane, I miss that guy. Angels Halo was the best spot to hang out at. The good ole' days.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are gonna get me all teary eyed with all the reminiscing :sad3:

Now go out and kill a mongbat and get back to being rude!! :D

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now go out and kill a mongbat and get back to being rude!!
If you want to be really rude, kill a cat, or be better at something that legendsguy...that seems to work for me.

L

Lord Deception

Omnicron, by looking at your Posts stat: 6,598. Do you actually play UO at all? Or you just AFK here and not at the bank?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol, it took me since 99 to get all them posts sir! But honestly I think im here more than Im on uo.:cursing:

D

DebconLady

OMG Sis! That is so true, that I stopped casting fire spells because I had no ash! And, Oh how we used to scrape together the gold. I still remember the first time you bought gold! *evil grin* and Angels Halo, I felt so important that I had a Rune to a place that I thought upon first arriving, *look at the work that went into this place* You are right, we were in awe!

Bard, I think it's just the mindset of the "snert" population today:

I don't want to work for anything
I don't want to do anything
You need to cater to me and do as I say
and, whatever comes easier, so I don't have to do anything........
And, last but not least, I am "entitled" to 6 figures pay for all of the above!

God Help Us!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, we ran him off the shard with our uber rudeness! Awesome!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you sure it was our manners? I think it may have been the mountain of movie quotes

'You keep saying that word. I don't think it means what you think it means'

'Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.'

and the best.....

'Anybody want a peanut?'

*waves*

:next: