• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legacy Paperdoll Art

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the new patch you can see your character in CC style on the paperdoll :D

This also affect the status portrait :)

(Pinco's UI Update on its way :p )

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hey pinco is this something that the player has option for or are we stuck with cc I am hoping its optional

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yuck...can't stand the cc paperdoll myself, but seems some like it so it's nice to have the option.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least it will be one less complain from those who hate the ec, but still have a few more to go...

My computer cant play ec
It makes me sea sick
Looks like a wow clone
Don't play for looks
Why should I have to upgrade my computer
Makes my eyes bleed
My 3rd party programs don't work with it

Seems like their still trying to win over the cc crowd instead of those who use the ec now...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Seeing now how they did it, only thing that's changed is the character in the paperdoll. It almost seems like a non-issue in either direction as it took me a couple of looks (and double check on the settings) to even see any difference.

So it makes me wonder why they even did it when they simply are NOT going to get the people who make excuse after excuse as to why they don't use the EC. It's a waste of time to try and cater to them really.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It’s a pretty sloppy import too. The fugly hues from the metal tub and the white tubs are badly pixilated. The only way they could have avoided this is to import them at their native postage stamp size.

The Dev Team seriously needs to start talking to EC users as a group, not assuming they know what we want...or what a CC user wants.

The last focus group was a joke.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
With the new patch you can see your character in CC style on the paperdoll :D

This also affect the status portrait :)

(Pinco's UI Update on its way :p )
There's new art did create a bug, modifications done by the Body Sculptors doesn't show irregardless of if you have "Legacy Paperdoll" checked or not. I confirmed this was a bug with Mesanna earlier today so on the up side the Devs know about it.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please disable this option again it is ugly like hell pixelated and ugly, please make it right or let it and fix bugs instead of creating new ones!

Thanks!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All i can say is i have two friends that are switching to the EC because of the new paperdolls. Doesn't seem to hurt us.

I am really looking forward to big EC push they are talking about this year though. I really miss when devs used to post here. This client needs a lot of love. Even though they say its pretty much done. Its obviously not to us. They more players we get on this client the more modding gets done. imo there is nowhere near enough skins for this client. and some of the best dont even get updated anymore. sadface.

PS if anyone wants to mod legacy so they display profiles and classic dolls. i'll give you a big high five on atlantic.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If UO Assist worked with the EC - i'd never use anything else. No UO Assist means only use EC in rare cases.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All i can say is i have two friends that are switching to the EC because of the new paperdolls. Doesn't seem to hurt us.

I am really looking forward to big EC push they are talking about this year though. I really miss when devs used to post here. This client needs a lot of love. Even though they say its pretty much done. Its obviously not to us. They more players we get on this client the more modding gets done. imo there is nowhere near enough skins for this client. and some of the best dont even get updated anymore. sadface.

PS if anyone wants to mod legacy so they display profiles and classic dolls. i'll give you a big high five on atlantic.
Take a look onto the last version of my UI, the paperdoll and the profile could be what you are looking for ;)

If UO Assist worked with the EC - i'd never use anything else. No UO Assist means only use EC in rare cases.
What feature you miss from uo assist?

C

canary

Yeah i also think it is but why havent they desigend a real 2d paperdoll around it now we modders should do it or what?
Because UO has relied on the modders to pretty much carry the EC since they don't bother to do much with it themselves.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Take a look onto the last version of my UI, the paperdoll and the profile could be what you are looking for ;)
Oh I do love your UI. in fact i'm working on bringing the colors and icons over from legacy to make it that much funner for me. Thanks for all your hard work on that. While i'm here, can you tell me how to re-create the main menu bar? I deleted it in another UI. and nothing I say will enter my journal.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I do love your UI. in fact i'm working on bringing the colors and icons over from legacy to make it that much funner for me. Thanks for all your hard work on that. While i'm here, can you tell me how to re-create the main menu bar? I deleted it in another UI. and nothing I say will enter my journal.
go to the user settings -> pinco's ui -> enable hotbar menu maker
then logout and login again. This will start the tool to make the menus again :)

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
go to the user settings -> pinco's ui -> enable hotbar menu maker
then logout and login again. This will start the tool to make the menus again :)
sorry, i cant see how its possible to get to user settings without the main menu bar. I'll just reinstall the skin.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What feature you miss from uo assist?

The ability to record macros is the biggest thing I miss.
But also
I also miss the stats on the title bar
resource counting and display
The organizer agent
The sell agent
the vendor agent

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ability to record macros is the biggest thing I miss.
But also
yes, this wold be nice

I also miss the stats on the title bar
useless for 2 reasons:
1) EC has better performance on full screen mode
2) you can make an hotbar with the stat inside :p

resource counting and display
make an hotbar and drag the reagents inside and here we have the counter.

The organizer agent
The sell agent
the vendor agent
these 3 agents are usefull, but I think I can make a sort of organizer :p