• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Leave the Artifacts of Doom in!

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Title says it all. Leave the artifacts of Doom in. Add some other items to the trade in, And Fix it so the Guantlet Drops its Arties.

And take a look at hit splinter weapons dropping in doom. Not talking about on the artifacts of doom, but on the actual loot itself.

Yesplskthx

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Argument For Keeping it in
1. Doom hasn't seen this much action since 2002
2. Dev's already took the time to code it in.
3. Its only really one Worthwhile item to redeem.
4. It gives players more options for things to look forward to while they sort through millions of worthless loot.
5. How badass is gear with the title "Of Doom"

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be cool if the "of Doom" items could combine like set items. For example, one collects a full set of plate mail"of Doom" armor and equips it and it gives some extra bonuses or completely changes the mods to a predefined set of mods like the "knights plate armor" set. Same could apply to jewelry sets. It doesn't have to be game breaking mods, just enough to collect a full set for collecting/history purposes.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they should upgrade the current "real" doom arties in gauntlet to the VvV versions without the antique tag.
As it is now 99% of all artifacts in doom, or in the game in general are crap compared to new loot drops.

I dont see the need for a "blackthorn's" basement V2, after the scripters left it has been empty.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be cool if the "of Doom" items could combine like set items. For example, one collects a full set of plate mail"of Doom" armor and equips it and it gives some extra bonuses or completely changes the mods to a predefined set of mods like the "knights plate armor" set. Same could apply to jewelry sets. It doesn't have to be game breaking mods, just enough to collect a full set for collecting/history purposes.
The concept here is to keep something already coded without giving the dev's More Work. Full Set Bonus Is already incorporated though, they could add some doom suits to the Reward List.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they should upgrade the current "real" doom arties in gauntlet to the VvV versions without the antique tag.
As it is now 99% of all artifacts in doom, or in the game in general are crap compared to new loot drops.

I dont see the need for a "blackthorn's" basement V2, after the scripters left it has been empty.
That Defeats the Purpose of VvV which was to try to get players to Participate in some Fel PvP Action.

Still Viable Doom Artifacts:
Orny
Hunters headdress
Spirit Totem

The Rest are still worth 5,000 Cleanup Points. Doom boss' do drop some decent loot.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure leave it in. Then after a few months I'm sure it will be empty just like blackthorns is (at least the city pod part).
That's what happens when you code a Mini Boss with Monsters Tethered to it that's Invincible until the monsters are killed. Lets not forget about how Ridiculously OP the Bard is.

Effort Vs Reward was not balanced enough to justify the hard work involved in killing the captains vs sitting with an archer in the mage room with a repond bow and mage slayer talisman.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Turn it OFF! This was a Halloween event, and Halloween ended quite some time ago. No reason to make the devs have to create something entirely new for next Halloween just because we can't be happy enough we got the items to collect for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to it again next year.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That Defeats the Purpose of VvV which was to try to get players to Participate in some Fel PvP Action.

Still Viable Doom Artifacts:
Orny
Hunters headdress
Spirit Totem

The Rest are still worth 5,000 Cleanup Points. Doom boss' do drop some decent loot.
I must disagree. PVP'ers with less amount of gold / pvm skills, can still get the VvV arties for free more or less.
Having new arties spawn in gauntlet will bring new life to doom.
But take a look around on various shards VvV is dead, its sad but true :(

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I must disagree. PVP'ers with less amount of gold / pvm skills, can still get the VvV arties for free more or less.
Having new arties spawn in gauntlet will bring new life to doom.
But take a look around on various shards VvV is dead, its sad but true :(
ya but those same shards are already dead.
you cant get active PvP without people there to do it.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This isn't directed at anyone its just the way I've always felt about PVP since UO was released. PVP isn't a right, it is a privilege. I've always felt in UO if you wanted to PVP you must put in the work to get PVP equipment, the in-game skills, and the irl Skillz. This VvV and faction give-a-ways of items only cheapens the pvm content, and the game, especially when the VvV items are much better then the same PVM items. Why waste time doing the PVM content? Another question is do these item give-a-ways increase pvp participation? Sure tons of people will get the items but does that translate into more people PVPing? I don't think it does.

I say remove PVP item give-a-ways (they don't work to increase pvp participation) and make people work for the right of PVPing.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what happens when you code a Mini Boss with Monsters Tethered to it that's Invincible until the monsters are killed. Lets not forget about how Ridiculously OP the Bard is.

Effort Vs Reward was not balanced enough to justify the hard work involved in killing the captains vs sitting with an archer in the mage room with a repond bow and mage slayer talisman.
take the time to make a modern template, reforged overcap weapons, and a refined suit and they arent that hard. you have to understand that its a game and gold value per hour value isnt something the devs need to consider. its a decent drop for awesome reward. and people actually do it, which is more than can be said about most the other new content / bosses. With gear inflation, i would only expect future content / mobs with decent items to be at least this hard if not harder.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Instead of leaving the Doomie event going, how about adding the rewards to the Gauntlet Artifact Pool?
That would be an interesting idea. Then when the Doom event comes back next year, they should offer all new turn-in reward items.

However, it is time to stop the Treasures event and turn the Gauntlet back on.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally id rather have 1 month of the year that was something different, fun, with lots of activity than 12 months of the year where something has become normal, boring, and not worth doing. I would be fine with the items being added as an extremely rare doom drop, like say ten times more rare than an orny, but like the fact that this content was fun for a while, many participated, and that it will be just as fun next year when the devs say a similar system will come back.

Plus, this is what the devs plan to do for halloween content now. The point was to make a maintenance mode system that could be turned on every year that was substantial enough for people not to complain. i wouldnt expect them to ruin their plans and make this permanent content

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it needs to be shut off and added next Halloween with actual decent items..and some gorey deco

The only people that did it were people that wanted to have the collection..rather than anything that's actually useful..please show me otherwise, these items are literally get them and trash them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya but those same shards are already dead.
you cant get active PvP without people there to do it.
It does look like the so called pvp'ers on my home shard have gone back to raiding champs only.
but ya, in general it usually takes more than 1 player to pvp :)