• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lead Taming Raptors

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With a low resistance suit I found these a right royal pain in the arse to lead tame. I eventually got a pair but not before 5 dirt naps. Frustrating as well the way it suddenly "de-spawns" if it is seperated from its 2 buddies for too long.

Anyone got any tips/tactics for taming these?

Also anyone messed around with a pair of these? I think the damage output should be pretty good with pack instinct.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
all i know is i tried about 50 times to tame one with 115 taming and finally gave up i would rather tame a gd i have better luck lol

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all i know is i tried about 50 times to tame one with 115 taming and finally gave up i would rather tame a gd i have better luck lol
I tamed one with 110 taming (god knows how) and then threw on some jewellry to 115. It was still insanely tough at 115.

J

Jingles

To avoid them despawning on ya try taming the ones spawned in Farmer Nash's farm after pulling a creep weed. They spawn alone and don't seem to disappear on ya. That said, it stll took me ages to get my pair, but that is due to my own lack of taming skill 110/110 =P

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to see you posting, I hope everything got ... settled. :pint:

I also assume the spawning 2 raptors is something new since Open Beta.

A

Aristillus

I drag them up to the bridge north of the spawn to tame.
Nice long stretch with nothing else to aggro on you.

Aristillus

M

maroite

Use the new client.

Set targeting OFF Legacy.

Hot key both invis and taming.

Target the raptor.

Pre-cast Invis.

Run up to raptor spamming tame and lead it until you get a start.

Cast invis on yourself. Then just keep casting invis until you fail or get it.

If you fail, just rinse and repeat.

Easy. I can tame anything in the game solo like this.

Ahmadi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys,

I had 120/120 and yesterday I tried taming one and came near to death so many times but finally I got it and I did it in a weird way with potions.

Great confusion blast potions are my best friend especially when you start taming throw it in and stub them for few minutes then when they are ready to wake up, you either got them or failed.

Got mine after 5 tries but he was really high in all stats so I was happy.

Will try again today, for #2. But they hit hard and fast so better than drakes by miles.