• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lava Cards for ATM Cash?

• Thread starter imported_Gracie Nito
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Gracie Nito

Today in EALand word began to spread about a player receiving bonus lava cards for using the ATM this week. This player claimed to have received 14 lava cards with a note Thanking them for using the Cash-in Paypal feature this week.

I'd like to know if this is a rumor being spread or if TPTB actually distributed more lava cards to ATM users.

If true, I would like to know exactly how they determined these cards be distributed? Was the ATM user only supposed to get one set of cards or did they receive a set of cards for each transaction? Was it based on monetary value of their purchase?

Why was this particular feature of the game not announced on the blog?

G

This is probably just rumors Gracie, I doubt Maxis would do that without announcing it!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Oddly enough, some people believe this to be true. Don't you just love a good rumor?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Today in EALand word began to spread about a player receiving bonus lava cards for using the ATM this week. This player claimed to have received 14 lava cards with a note Thanking them for using the Cash-in Paypal feature this week.

I'd like to know if this is a rumor being spread or if TPTB actually distributed more lava cards to ATM users.

If true, I would like to know exactly how they determined these cards be distributed? Was the ATM user only supposed to get one set of cards or did they receive a set of cards for each transaction? Was it based on monetary value of their purchase?

Why was this particular feature of the game not announced on the blog?

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be deceived by a prank like this. Someone is just getting a laff at everyone else's expense.
If the devs wanted to promote use of the ATM's in that way, they would have posted with trumpets blaring.

I

Isimsalotta

Hiya Gracie

It is true! I got two different sets of cards for my two ATM withdrawals this week for my merged sims.

Well, we know for next color cards, use the ATMs I guess ?!?!?

I

imported_Cherri Bear

It is not a rumor. I bought 5$ of simoleans yesterday on an ATM and this morning I had a pm saying thank you for using the atm and I have two lava lamp game cards as a gift.

So, that is pretty cool I think!

ETA: Now I have a number 5 and an 8 to find a match for before
tomorrow.

V

vapd3317

If that is the case,...they have now officially pissed me off. I REFUSE to use an ATM for any reason, and if it means losing my founder status in EAland, so be it.

If it means all I get is my red lamp, so be it also. This option of using the ATM to get lava cards, degrades the founder status because now it appears that anyone can just buy it. So much for it being a "gift" for the original players of EAland.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

It is not a rumor. I bought 5$ of simoleans yesterday on an ATM and this morning I had a pm saying thank you for using the atm and I have two lava lamp game cards as a gift.

So, that is pretty cool I think!

ETA: Now I have a number 5 and an 8 to find a match for before
tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, that's nice for you all and I am happy ya got them but at the same time i'm feeling like I just got a big kick in the rearend from EA. I amongst many others are multiple account holders *6* to be exact* and I can't even get a gnome. Makes me wonder why I even bothered to keep them when we really didn't need em but I was desperate to keep TSO-Ea Land alive. I must be a knucklehead. lol

M

master_of_none

Well then, that must be where the missing cards went from some of the players on the first day, and yet far as I know not to reappear in inventory (have heard a few had one of their two cards just poof out, thus, unable to play)... the ATM's got them!!!

G

Very good marketing plan by EA if you ask me. They aren't forcing you to use it, but you get that extra chance at getting the card you need. Nobody is forced to play the lottery, but if you do, you get that chance of winning more than you paid for the ticket.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

If that is the case,...they have now officially pissed me off. I REFUSE to use an ATM for any reason, and if it means losing my founder status in EAland, so be it.

If it means all I get is my red lamp, so be it also. This option of using the ATM to get lava cards, degrades the founder status because now it appears that anyone can just buy it. So much for it being a "gift" for the original players of EAland.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes indeed. I didn't even think about that issue. I am now sitting here thinking what a dummy I was for replying a few times today in defense of our beloved game and it's staff.
Thanks for the let down staff!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Very good marketing plan by EA if you ask me. They aren't forcing you to use it, but you get that extra chance at getting the card you need. Nobody is forced to play the lottery, but if you do, you get that chance of winning more than you paid for the ticket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfffft.

N

NightFlyer

What vpd3317 said. "If that is the case,...they have now officially pissed me off. I REFUSE to use an ATM for any reason, and if it means losing my founder status in EAland, so be it.

If it means all I get is my red lamp, so be it also. This option of using the ATM to get lava cards, degrades the founder status because now it appears that anyone can just buy it. So much for it being a "gift" for the original players of EAland."

Way to piss off good standing long time players EA!

and I'll add... good marketing? Not in my opinion.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I did NOT use the ATM to get lava cards.

I used it to buy fruit from the fruit farms.

I agree with Elga. It is a good marketing idea for Electronic Arts business.

When the Cash Out option comes to EA Land, I am sure we are not going to see the complaints about the ATM's then.

N

NightFlyer

First of all I doubt we'll ever see cash out in ATMs.

Secondly nothing will ever entice some of us to use ATMs and this will be one more straw for many.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

First of all I doubt we'll ever see cash out in ATMs.

Secondly nothing will ever entice some of us to use ATMs and this will be one more straw for many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya never know! A year ago, I never thought that we would EVER see another up-date. Now look at all the cool stuff!

G

I must say I totally agree. I will never use an ATM. They are keeping payouts low to force us to use it. I pay enough to EA already... why should I spend more? I will take my time and make it however I can. But giving cards out to people for using the ATM? That is messed up. What is the point of "creating a community by trading" when all someone has to do is pony up some cash and BOOM they have 2 more cards. What will stop someone from having multiple lava lamps for 1 sim? A great idea has just turned into nothing...

G

when all someone has to do is pony up some cash

Do you expect the lamps to be non-tradeable? I don't.

It will be interesting to see what they will sell for once the contest is over.

A

ayla02

<blockquote><hr>

I must say I totally agree. I will never use an ATM. They are keeping payouts low to force us to use it. I pay enough to EA already... why should I spend more? I will take my time and make it however I can. But giving cards out to people for using the ATM? That is messed up. What is the point of "creating a community by trading" when all someone has to do is pony up some cash and BOOM they have 2 more cards. What will stop someone from having multiple lava lamps for 1 sim? A great idea has just turned into nothing...

[/ QUOTE ]

As a TSO Founder and still here I say DITTO!!! I have never ever been more dissapointed!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Pay... for a chance to win ... a lottery ... sounds very much like gambling to me, which we all know is not allowed now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Pay... for a chance to win ... a lottery ... sounds very much like gambling to me, which we all know is not allowed now.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

R

RubeeSlipperz

While I am not sure what to think. Some say it happened, some say it didn't, I am sure that no one forces any of us to play this game, all the crying and whining over everything has really gotten on my nerves, and I am a very happy bubbly person! For the most part most of us are adults...at least in age, even if not by maturity. Perhaps we should act like it! if you choose to use an ATM and get a little bonus, so be it, good for you! If you are one of the many that says NO WAY to Atms, then good for you, so be it, but don't begrudge other people for doing it, or getting bonus because they do. I remember now why I took a year off of this game. The same people who were complaining over everyone having too much money are the same ones now complaining over no one having any. I do agree that making money now is extrememly difficult how do we fix it? I have no idea, but what I do know is that I am not forced to play this game , or pay my 10 bucks a month, this is something I choose to do, and I for one am willing to wait it out ans see what happens, if it sucks 6 months down the road, then shame on my for wasting my time, but I remember a day when playing TSO was awesome, and I plan to hold onto the hope that it will once be that way again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]Surely you knew gambling was not allowed any more?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]Surely you knew gambling was not allowed any more?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aware of the policy on gambling.

I wanted to know if you were serious in your statement.

Being given cards with patterns on them with your ATM simolean purchase is not gambling.

The way you stretch for controversy never fails to amuse me.

Please tell me you are serious so I can laugh a little bit harder....

G

<blockquote><hr>

While I am not sure what to think. Some say it happened, some say it didn't, I am sure that no one forces any of us to play this game, all the crying and whining over everything has really gotten on my nerves, and I am a very happy bubbly person! For the most part most of us are adults...at least in age, even if not by maturity. Perhaps we should act like it! if you choose to use an ATM and get a little bonus, so be it, good for you! If you are one of the many that says NO WAY to Atms, then good for you, so be it, but don't begrudge other people for doing it, or getting bonus because they do. I remember now why I took a year off of this game. The same people who were complaining over everyone having too much money are the same ones now complaining over no one having any. I do agree that making money now is extrememly difficult how do we fix it? I have no idea, but what I do know is that I am not forced to play this game , or pay my 10 bucks a month, this is something I choose to do, and I for one am willing to wait it out ans see what happens, if it sucks 6 months down the road, then shame on my for wasting my time, but I remember a day when playing TSO was awesome, and I plan to hold onto the hope that it will once be that way again.

[/ QUOTE ]

right on rubee!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Since everyone currently in EA Land (its not the 8th yet) is an EA Land founder, getting extra cards from the ATM is not an unfair advantage to anyone. Unless free accts get them too.

V

vapd3317

Niki, you are 100% correct, but the blog stated that only the "eldest sim on the account" would be getting the cards. The fact of receiving them through an ATM transaction, implies that ANYONE who uses the ATM will get them. Not just the eldest sim on the account.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol guys, the whole idea of the lava cards was marketing.
Sure it gives us a little twinket to make us feel all warm and fuzzy.
At a time when everyone is getting pissed off with all the errors and low payouts and closing a lot of their second accounts. EA comes out with something that will have many people saying I have to keep my accounts going to get all my colors in my lava lamps.
I have been defending the devs against people saying that much of what they do is to just pull extra money out of us.
Now I am starting to think that I was wrong and they were right.

D

DjMacDaddy01201

Hi Cherri Bear Hugs ya its true i paid 5.00 got 4 cards on one sim 2 on my other

G

<blockquote><hr>

Being given cards with patterns on them with your ATM simolean purchase is not gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Extra cards are only available when you spend real money.

2) There is a random selection of card you will be given at that time.

"Chance" and "real money" seem to pretty much fill the description of gambling to me.

G

Well I guess I just dont care how many lava lamps anyone gets. *shrugs*

G

Well, I can certainly understand why people would be upset, especially those who do not plan on using the ATM. BUT... this is good news for someone like me who reactivated their account and couldn't get into the game in time to receive cards. My sim was a day late and a dollar short... but maybe not anymore. I never had any plans to use the ATM but now I'm considering it just for the lava cards, so it is a second chance and even if I don't I still had the opportunity.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Extra cards are only available when you spend real money.

2) There is a random selection of card you will be given at that time.

"Chance" and "real money" seem to pretty much fill the description of gambling to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are given extra cards all you get is extra cards. If you trade the extra cards and get a match you get that color in your lava lamp.

Nice reach though.

I'm going to go post somewhere else, before I break the RoC here.

G

GigiAV

That's not true. Used a ATM last night only simoleans recieved no lava cards.

G

Where is my cards? I used there stupid machine all I got was simoleans. Talk about lack of fairness. Well EA. Never again will I be using your ATM's Now take that to the Bank.

M

melliesox

The lava lamps will be worthless and meaningless if everyone and their brother has one..the whole point was an appreciation gift to ealand founders..it is stupid, I honestly dont care much about the lava lamps

G

<blockquote><hr>

The lava lamps will be worthless and meaningless if everyone and their brother has one..the whole point was an appreciation gift to ealand founders..it is stupid, I honestly dont care much about the lava lamps

[/ QUOTE ]
ah... well I don't base worth and meaning on what others have... I think the lava lamps are cool and if everyone and their mother has one - I would still like it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
ah... well I don't base worth and meaning on what others have... I think the lava lamps are cool and if everyone and their mother has one - I would still like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on Shari!

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on Shari!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

G

I could be mistaken, but I think the point that some are trying to make was that they assumed it was being given only to founders with paid accounts. I was under the same impression and was quite surprised to find out that they were being given away with atm transactions as well. (obviously I wasn't the only one who didn't know) I don't remember that being posted with the game announcement. Is there a thread I have missed that states this somewhere?

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

when all someone has to do is pony up some cash

Do you expect the lamps to be non-tradeable? I don't.

It will be interesting to see what they will sell for once the contest is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I think would be hilarious is if the white ones become the rares ones and the most expensive ones.
I'd love to see the greedy, selfish ppl get what they pay for.

G

Everyone in the game at this point in time is a founder. They have said from the start, get the cards any way you can. Free members can play but would not be given one in their inventory. I don't see what the big deal is. They are paying, ppl are selling in game. They were encouraged to do so. Beg borrow or ... LOL the blog is down now. I suggest everyone re-read the post on the lava game. There will be several games. Each getting progressively harder. Today will be the last day for the red cards. The next game may not be cards. I have seen cards in game go for 5k each. They were getting 10 bux worth of simoleans per pair. Anyone could put that money into getting an acct and get their own. There will be a new game each week. If you pay a one time fee you get 4 weeks worth of game pieces. They are paying for them thru the ATM. What is the problem?

R

RubeeSlipperz

kudos to you on that I agree 100%!! I want one too!!

G

There are 2 rare cards. They are the last 2, I think 13 and 14.

G

Something tells me that there will be a line up at the ATM machines tonight when EA Land is back open for business.

To me, its not about who has 6 lava lamps and who has 1- I'm only concerned about my own lamp. If you use the ATM, that's fine by me. I choose not to because that's not how I want to play the game- to each his own and all that jazz.

That being said, I don't see how fair it is to reward people that are using an "optional" in-game service. Where's my reward for working 250 shifts in the restaurant with butt scratching chefs?? Nobody has to work in the restaurant job, or any job for that matter- it's optional. Since I have chosen to work a job track, where is my bonus??

R

RubeeSlipperz

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the important thing to remember is this..... If you want to play the lava lamp card game thingy then play it and get your lava lamp regardless of how you aquire your cards. If you don't then don't. I want one, I will get one I have matching cards on my lot. This is a game ya'll let's play it for the fun factor, I have met life long friends because of TSO. I think they are trying to make things fun and a little different for us whether you are an old timer like myself, or a new person just getting into it. In closing, if for some reason you don't get a lava lamp ... you are more than welcome to come to my house and view mine!

I

imported_LFancey

For those of you who have used the ATM machine to cash in. For "This" week a secondary process runs to give out the cards.

Cheers,

Lee

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

For those of you who have used the ATM machine to cash in. For "This" week a secondary process runs to give out the cards.

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Lee now I'm confused. lol

Edited to add: nevermind. I get it now...I have no problem using the atm, but I haven't had the need to yet. However, having hidden unknown extras is kind of a kick in the face to dedicated players..or any players to be honest.

I love this game, I'm not going anywhere, but everyday it turns more into real life. I play this game to get away from rl, not to have a 2nd one...

Good marketing, bad marketing, I don't know...
But disappointing...

Status
Not open for further replies.