• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Late candidate run...... Been told maybe possible....

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
*OT* In Mondays Event, I was told that as no one has applied for Jhelom Gov, that it was still up for grabs if a motion is put forward and backed-up by the forums, even if its late entry...... I dont know to this to be true but I will give it a go, as it seems no-one did..... *OT*

*RP*
*Calls messenger to deliver letters*

Letter to all Lords and Miladys of the Realms,

Dear Lords of the realm, It seems like no true nobleman has applied to the mighty work of the Governor of Jhelom, this pits me at unease....
How can our realm and people prosper if no man is willing to sacrifice for the duties and responsibilities of the realm, therefore I, Drake IronHeart, want to call all lords to back up my late candidacy for the position of Governor of Jhelom.
I dont promise mayor changes straight away, maybe not my best punch line, but I can promise dedication and time, which I will invest in making of Jhelom a better place, and I am sure with the help of the other great Governors of our lands, I will be up for the challenge and rise like a fighting Drake... Somehow I have a small part of Dragon in me......
So therefore I ask from you, to accept my candidate status and to back me up if you think I am up for the job.
Thanks for your time noblemen and women of this realm.

Drake IronHeart

**Pays handsomly the messenger, to be extra quick and secure**

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Last edited:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just want to draw your attention to this;

http://stratics.com/community/threads/britannia-elections-discussion-meeting-catskills-shard.313329/

I would advise going if you can Alex and asking Mesanna directly about how best to apply for the untaken seat. What I stated on Monday is, to the best of my knowledge, how things currently stand, but I will try and be there myself too on a player character in case issues on Catskills cause revisions; it will be 12:00am tonight I believe in GMT.
Hail Gotan! Sadly Mesanna only wanted to address issues related to Catskills only. It is my understand EMs can appoint players to a governor's role. If the former governor didn't wish to run for re-election, and Alex here is excited to bring a Spanish flair to the Valorian Islands, who are we to deny this Don Quixote his chance to attack this windmill?

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*OT* In Mondays Event, I was told that as no one has applied for Jhelom Gov, that it was still up for grabs if a motion is put forward and backed-up by the forums, even if its late entry...... I dont know to this to be true but I will give it a go, as it seems no-one did..... *OT*

*RP*
*Calls messenger to deliver letters*

Letter to all Lords and Miladys of the Realms,

Dear Lords of the realm, It seems like no true nobleman has applied to the mighty work of the Governor of Jhelom, this pits me at unease....
How can our realm and people prosper if no man is willing to sacrifice for the duties and responsibilities of the realm, therefore I, Drake IronHeart, want to call all lords to back up my late candidacy for the position of Governor of Jhelom.
I dont promise mayor changes straight away, maybe not my best punch line, but I can promise dedication and time, which I will invest in making of Jhelom a better place, and I am sure with the help of the other great Governors of our lands, I will be up for the challenge and rise like a fighting Drake... Somehow I have a small part of Dragon in me......
So therefore I ask from you, to accept my candidate status and to back me up if you think I am up for the job.
Thanks for your time noblemen and women of this realm.

Drake IronHeart

**Pays handsomly the messenger, to be extra quick and secure**
Messenger rides into New Magincia delivering a letter stamped "Official Document" to Aragorn. Opening the letter and sitting back over a cup of coffee, hmm Drake Ironheart wishes to apply for a late running for governorship of Jhelom; Aragorn ponders thoughtfully. Turning his attention to pen and paper Aragorn writes the following.

To Drake Ironheart,
I have received your letter and understand very well as governor of New Magincia that if Jhelom is ever to rise up again to glory then it needs a governor to lead it and be a voice to the masses.
Therefore New Magincia gives her backing and approval to you.

Aragorn
Governor- New Magincia

*Signs and stamps the letter with New Magincia's official seal. Hands it off to a messenger with explicit instructions to deliver it to Ironheart only with a special fee paid to ensure prompt delivery* . As the messenger rides off Aragorn sits back and sighs thinking "So hard to find good free help these days."

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hail Gotan! Sadly Mesanna only wanted to address issues related to Catskills only. It is my understand EMs can appoint players to a governor's role. If the former governor didn't wish to run for re-election, and Alex here is excited to bring a Spanish flair to the Valorian Islands, who are we to deny this Don Quixote his chance to attack this windmill?
Greetings all; I was in the background listening for the latest information, at least until the last of the Europa posters I could see spoke, but what you heard is the latest information we have. Yes EMs appoint the player technically, that is they push the buttons to complete the process, but Mesanna would like you the players to press for vacant seats, rather than us. Hence if you see a spot you want, campaign for it here and in game, but also send an email to [email protected] requesting you be appointed.
As a courtesy, and to integrate into the wider roleplay, keep your EM informed (so me on Europa) if that's their style (I'm hoping you'll all have a good squabble over the Raven King being potentially appointed to Jhelom, cf the latest council fiction) but for now, the decision or even asking if a decision should be made is not within an individual's remit; the King is technically all of Broadsword rather than an individual.
And remember the process is still being thrashed out as it grows, so a little confusion and a lot of tweaks are bound to happen!

Dimitroff

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Greetings to all of you, honorable citizens of Sosaria,

As a returning (sort of) player to Ultima Online, I had the chance to be recruited in Drake Ironheart's guild - *HLP.
Since then I am part of amazing group, which was most helpful to me.
I can honestly say that this group is held together firmly by its leader - Drake Ironheart.
This is a guy, who lives only to help his guildmates and make them feel part of something greater than themselves.
It said that "If you can lead, there are no boundaries of what you can achieve."
And Drake Ironheart can definitely lead.
So... What better governor of Jhelom can there be then?

Zahgurim

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Drake Ironheart's Guild-*HLP. He was found me and helped me. He also helping all players when i saw. Thanks to him. When i be rich and skillful i will help newbies like me like he did to me. He shall lead Jhhelom like leading us in guild.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A City like Jhelom, that so very few can call their home but with training grounds for new characters, esp warriors , Public moongate and teleporters between the islands ...What could fit better than the leader for the guild that take care of our new and returning players to be the governour? I hope this will happen, it fits so well . And I know Drake work hard and have acomplished alot in short time so I can vouch for him.

Shia Morningstar

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Europa would be much richer with Drake Ironheart . He is the person the shards need who without thought for himself helps other people, actively and honestly. Gives of his own time to enrich all their lives and help them feel at home in their new world. Many years ago I had a large village (guild) Called Morning Star on Europa, and I know first hand how time consuming it is to put on events and help people and he is most certainly doing a superb job. With returning wanderers such as myself and new people arriving to our shores daily we all need to be welcomed and Drake certainly does that. so I can personally vouch for him. "Shia Morningstar"

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always wary of any Governor expressing views about what other towns should do... but in this case .. ;)

Drake would seem an excellent candidate, since the work he and his guild have done so far has been pretty impressive. Jhelom is a very suitable town for introducing younger characters to the world, though the teleports system between the islands led to some rather challenging times in the last set of invasions, when the damn captains seemed to camp the teleporters and ambush you all the time!

Now, whether Drake would still want to work with me as Britain governor after this upcoming Kings Council meeting, though... we'll have to see...

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can only back Drake Ironheart. He's doin an awesome job with youngs, and i'm pretty sure he'll be awesome at his soon-to-be governor place.
Great presence, much help across the kingdom... He is sure a good guy for all of us.

Willowwolf

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Jhelom needs a Governor...then Drake should be considered....I really cannot say I've seen the HLP guild in action...but as I see alot of them , I can see that they are reaching out to new players...Drake gets my support in this.