• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Last night cj run

B

bibslady

I was in the second group to go in. Thanks to all who tried to keep me in laff points. I was lagging and kept going -10 on the cj jumps.
Eventually I lost my connection altogether.
I'm so sorry about this.

We were just about to defeat the cj when I poofed!
Did you win? I hope so.

It happened last week too, but in the elevators. :wall:
Is anyone else having these problems? Any advice?

Hugs,
bibslady

S

Steveo

I am having a few problems myself. I know that I have lost connection a few times in the VP one was a good card too Filppy. Which I have never had connection issues til about 2 weeks ago. It seems that I dont have this problem with my other computer using xp. But when I use Vista I have all kinds of games closing abnormally and just booting me off without any warning. I also have SF that got booted last night during the CFO sorry Sgt Squeaker. She told me that she has XP so I dont know whats going on with a few people getting booted these days.

F

Fangs McWolf

It happened last week too, but in the elevators. :wall:
Is anyone else having these problems? Any advice?
If you are using a router for your internet connection, then go into your router settings and see if it supports something called "port triggering". It may be called something else, but basically it's where you can set up the router to forward certain ports if your computer opens up a specific port.

If it supports it, you'd want the trigger port to be 6667 and then have it forward ports 6667-6667. That's actually helped a friend of mine who would randomly get disconnected constantly (more so from busy districts, but even in a quiet setting, she'd sometimes go poof without warning). Ever since setting that up, her disconnects have dropped to the point of it being something that happens once in a rare while.

If you have a firewall installed on your computer, make sure to give ToonTown full access (ie, don't block any ports) and make sure that it's not blocking any IRC ports (specifically, port 6667). If push comes to shove, and this is a dangerous thing to try, but you might try disabling the firewall and see if that improves your TT experience. If it does, then it's just a matter of configuring your firewall correctly to fix your issues.

S

SSniffleslam

If you are using a router for your internet connection, then go into your router settings and see if it supports something called "port triggering". It may be called something else, but basically it's where you can set up the router to forward certain ports if your computer opens up a specific port.

If it supports it, you'd want the trigger port to be 6667 and then have it forward ports 6667-6667. That's actually helped a friend of mine who would randomly get disconnected constantly (more so from busy districts, but even in a quiet setting, she'd sometimes go poof without warning). Ever since setting that up, her disconnects have dropped to the point of it being something that happens once in a rare while.
I have a Linksys router and I had to setup port forwarding/port triggering on mine to get my connection to stop dropping.

Most routers are 'basically' the same. You'll need to type in "http://"(your router's address - mine is 192.168.1.1) - sometimes it will ask for an admin password, which if you haven't changed yours just leave it as the default and click ok. Then you will be in your router's GUI configuration page. To setup port triggering/forwarding on mine, I click on Applications/Gaming, then type the name of the program, whether I want TCP/UDP ports, and what the port number is (6667 for toontown). Click save settings and click ok.

Hope this helps if you've got a router you need to setup.

:eyes: