• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lame Lag in PvP

Eht/Longbow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all I'd like to say, I have no problems at all with lag, I ping under 50ms, I can run through Luna without a hitch, I don't use special programs that make me faster. I enjoy pvping and seeing who is better, zig zagging around dexxers and harming mages, but I have a problem.

I am irritated to say the least, I would like to say I am pretty good at pvp, most of my guilds mates are excelent pvpers and I like to think I'm pretty good too. I was playing in Despise, and for some reason fighting around these one or two sertain characters causes me to completely lag out, to the point where it feels like I have a paralyse on me and I am next to a drop down to escape, but there is no paralyse in the buff/debuff icons and no swirly particles around me in game, but I CAN NOT move. What am I missing? If I could do this to someone in a fair fight I would, but for the life of me there is nothing in the game that I can find that makes me able to do this. There are however some seem to be able to. What is up with this?

What should I do about this?

Why arn't GM's watching these fights and making them fair?

Eht

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard - and mind you this is just hearsay - that one of the two prominent speed hacks pushes packets (more info than normal flowing thru their client to the server, basically), which is what causes the lag for other people in the vicinity.

I only have this happen around 1-2 specific people. My understanding is that most people who use speedhacks don't use that particular one or don't use it in a manner that causes lag to other.

Again, this all things I have heard from other people.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like the old lag script people used to lag other players and give themselves an advantage. I don't know if that script still exist and still works but I know that at one time it was a big problem in pvp.

There could be other things causing the lag but it really sounds like those people you mentioned are cheating. Proving they are or even finding the actual cause if they are not is another story though.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all I'd like to say, I have no problems at all with lag, I ping under 50ms, I can run through Luna without a hitch, I don't use special programs that make me faster. I enjoy pvping and seeing who is better, zig zagging around dexxers and harming mages, but I have a problem.

I am irritated to say the least, I would like to say I am pretty good at pvp, most of my guilds mates are excelent pvpers and I like to think I'm pretty good too. I was playing in Despise, and for some reason fighting around these one or two sertain characters causes me to completely lag out, to the point where it feels like I have a paralyse on me and I am next to a drop down to escape, but there is no paralyse in the buff/debuff icons and no swirly particles around me in game, but I CAN NOT move. What am I missing? If I could do this to someone in a fair fight I would, but for the life of me there is nothing in the game that I can find that makes me able to do this. There are however some seem to be able to. What is up with this?

What should I do about this?

Why arn't GM's watching these fights and making them fair?

Eht
do you use a wireless mouse?

EA needs to make it so speedhacks don't work. it's really unacceptable.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like the old lag script people used to lag other players and give themselves an advantage. I don't know if that script still exist and still works but I know that at one time it was a big problem in pvp.

lol!!

a lag script?

:scholar:

I won't bother...

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the old lag script spammed blank text and lagged people but they fixed it. could be others too.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is still a way to lag people within an area, unless they fixed it in the past few publishes, although it's not something you can just do on the run, and someone standing there doing it would be obvious.