• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) LAke Austin Underworld Fishing Contest

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What goes better with Lent, than fish???

The Midnight Hunter's Club is proud to announce the following contest:

UNDERWORLD FISHING CONTEST

Dates: Only fish caught with dates between Ash Wednesday (February 22, 2012) and Easter (April 8, 2012), inclusive.

Fish Types Eligible: Any fish type one can catch ONLY in the Underworld. As such, Lava Fish are ineligible for this competition.

Red Herring and Mud Puppy fish are native to the waters, and as they are needed for low-end quests, can be fished for at 0 skill. Thus, the location for the contest. Largest of either type wins. Only one fish per type may be entered per player, though if a player catches a better fish, they can swap it out.
Tunnel Crab are the other eligible type, but they require 120 fishing to catch, in traps.

The fisher must present the fish in person to Dark Angel XXXX or me (I.E. any of our characters) to be judged. Other judges may be added at a later date. Entries can be submitted starting Thursday (need time to let Arwen know about the contest), with the deadline being 8 PM Central on April 11, 2012 (the start time, if we actually have an auction that day). Winners and fish in the running will be displayed at the Auction house.

Participation:

Since the fish will have characters' names and dates on them, any Lake Austin resident is eligible to participate (including the judges - not like we can fake a fish with our name on it).

• Persons in the Legion of Sosaria alliance can contact us via alliance chat to check in fish.
  • Persons not in the alliance can attempt contact with us at EM events, the general chat channel, or any other means of contacting us. Non-alliance contestants must arrange some sort of identification method so as to prevent an imposter from trying to steal their prize (under most circumstances, showing your guild tag will be enough, if no one else in your guild has the same name).
  • Fish that are leading any category must be left in the custody of the judges for the duration of its time as a contender. If it gets surpassed, they can be returned when requested by the owner. Winning will be returned with the prize won.
  • Only ONE fish per character may be in contention at any given time. Even if you have the biggest of each of the three "fish" types, only one may be officially entered at any given time.
  • Even if your fish is not in contention, please submit it, as there's at least one prize to be drawn for from all non-winners, possibly more (see below for what happens if I win a prize).
The leading fish of each fish type will be locked down in the auctioneer's area of the LOST Auction house for all to see.

Prizes:

1st Place overall: 1 Million gold, and choice of 3 Clothing Bless deeds or 45 Barbed kit uses. The latter is -

• choice of 3 Barbed kits reforged into 1, for you to use with your own crafter, or...
  • having my crafters make items with it for you, if you don't have a crafter).

Best OTHER Fish: As there are two fish types and one crab type eligible, the biggest fish/crab of other eligible types will get 500k each, and choice of a 90-use Horned Kit or 15-use Barbed kit (as above).

Consolation prize: All persons (other than my characters) submitting a fish that doesn't win will be in a drawing for a Clothing Bless Deed.

Record-Buster: If either of the winning fish types sets the cross-shard record weight for those fish, a Clothing Bless Deed and other prizes to be determined will be added to the existing ones for that fish. Your best chance for this award is to go for Tunnel Crab.

If Mylene (Basara's Fisher) wins...
Note that If I win, since I am supplying the prizes, any prizes I would get will be rolled for randomly from among those that did not win a prize (for example, if I catch the biggest fish, then one of the also-rans will randomly get the 1 million check, and 3 others will each receive choice of a CBD or 15-use Barbed kit).

These rules may be modified at any time in the future, due to unforeseen circumstances. :pie:

Atrocitus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gathering my poles and a travel guide to this Underworld place you speak of.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bring it to the auction Wed, or get hold of me or Dark Angel before then.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Reminder, today is the last day to catch a fish for the contest, though you can turn them in as late as the next auction.

If a few of you request it, I might be tempted to extend the deadline for catching the fish, since we only have 2 people with submissions other than my baseline fish (both of which have been passed by others)

Atrocitus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't caught any bigger than what I showed you already. Your call on extending. ;)