• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lag when certain players are around.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question. We all know alot of people are speedhacking out there but it seems like when Im around certain players I start to freeze up at least in spurts. It only happens when around certain players and it happens anytime they crank it up. I have a good connection,nice machine and plenty of RAM. I dont lag in any other situations where theres a ton of stuff going on. What is actually happening and what if anything can I do to prevent the lag they seem to create?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing much you can do on your pc or client to migitate the effects without getting into trouble yourself.

They seem to be spamming packets to the server.

Call them out and ask them if they know why other folks freeze whenever they are around. If they don't get the hint, page a gm. You can also skip the calling them out part and proceed to page a gm directly.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing much you can do on your pc or client to migitate the effects without getting into trouble yourself.

They seem to be spamming packets to the server.

Call them out and ask them if they know why other folks freeze whenever they are around. If they don't get the hint, page a gm. You can also skip the calling them out part and proceed to page a gm directly.
Well, calling them out just feeds thier egos and paging a gm, well we know how that goes.