• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LAG LAG LAG

• Thread starter imported_Armonia
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

There IS lag in the game. This can't be disputed. The problem to me IN THIS THREAD, is the people who aren't experiencing it saying that those of us who CLEARLY do experience it are somehow (in their opinion) responsible for it rather than EA games who are distributing the game. BELIEVE US, you sims who are without Lag!! The game is flawed. There are programming errors giving many of us HUGE issues with lag and freezeups. Avatars lock up and disappear all the time. Trades take 12-15 seconds to clear on one screen while on another screen it appears the trade is over. That's NOT our computers, NOT our ISP, NOT a virus, and not a problem with our cache. ITS AN EA GAME PROBLEM!!!!! AND WE WANT IT FIXED SO WE CAN GO BACK TO ENJOYING PLAYING!!
SO WILL YOU PLEASE STOP GIVING *US* SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT *WE* NEED TO DO? if you want to be helpful, then list some of the experiences you have observed with others who are having problems, and stop sticking your head in the sand and insisting *if I am not having lag, no one is!* Because we are having a shytload of problems. And it's NOT US!

G

Ok I WON'T give you any advise or help, and I WON'T and HAVEN'T said that it might not be EA which is sometimes having problems, but then again I"M not an internet expert like SOME who seem to know it all.

and for the record I'M NOT HAVING ANY LAG ISSUES AT ALL. now that's only me but then again I'M allowed to voice my opinion on this board also.

have a very pleasant day, and here's hoping that YOUR lag issues are cured in one fashion or another.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok I WON'T give you any advise or help, and I WON'T and HAVEN'T said that it might not be EA which is sometimes having problems, but then again I"M not an internet expert like SOME who seem to know it all.

and for the record I'M NOT HAVING ANY LAG ISSUES AT ALL. now that's only me but then again I'M allowed to voice my opinion on this board also.

have a very pleasant day, and here's hoping that YOUR lag issues are cured in one fashion or another.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just for comparison:
What kind of processor are you running?
Ram?
Vid card memory?
The reason I ask is that I am using a fairly new PC with hi-end processor, 2 gigs of ram and a hi-end vid card with 512mb vid ram.
Yet, I still have lag from time to time.
It would be interesting to know if there is anything in my set-up that is responsible or if I should look elsewhere.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

There IS lag in the game. This can't be disputed. The problem to me IN THIS THREAD, is the people who aren't experiencing it saying that those of us who CLEARLY do experience it are somehow (in their opinion) responsible for it rather than EA games who are distributing the game. BELIEVE US, you sims who are without Lag!! The game is flawed. There are programming errors giving many of us HUGE issues with lag and freezeups. Avatars lock up and disappear all the time. Trades take 12-15 seconds to clear on one screen while on another screen it appears the trade is over. That's NOT our computers, NOT our ISP, NOT a virus, and not a problem with our cache. ITS AN EA GAME PROBLEM!!!!! AND WE WANT IT FIXED SO WE CAN GO BACK TO ENJOYING PLAYING!!
SO WILL YOU PLEASE STOP GIVING *US* SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT *WE* NEED TO DO? if you want to be helpful, then list some of the experiences you have observed with others who are having problems, and stop sticking your head in the sand and insisting *if I am not having lag, no one is!* Because we are having a shytload of problems. And it's NOT US!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said thank you.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Couldn't have said it better myself. Lag was SO bad lasts night, I just finally gave up. I was freezing up for about 5 minutes at a time. Couldn't click on food or anything to green and making any money was impossible.

G

I cant imagine why its bad to check other possible causes. It would seem to me that if someone has advice to share that we could at least be polite enough to say thanks for trying to help but that didnt work or I know thats not my problem because...

Flaming someone for helping will only discourage posters from helping in the future and I'm sure we can all agree that would be a bad thing.

Now lets play nice everyone.

G

Very well said. EA has already said the Lag is an issue on their side. Why some people get it (I am one of them) and others don't, I have no clue. But, attacking eachother won't fix the problem either. For those who have no lag, I think it is safe to assume at this point everyone has tried the standard fixes (clearing cache... etc). I was having the worst time last night around 10pm EST. The theory I am testing is between the increase of users around this time and the merges... it's taxing the server alot. Again, why some get it and others don't I dont' know. All I know is when the merges are complete then we will see if the Lag continues. If it does, then there might be other issues we haven't looked at yet.

This is still a family and in every family there is fighting. Let's not let this start up major problems and keep the family strong through the beta days.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I cant imagine why its bad to check other possible causes. It would seem to me that if someone has advice to share that we could at least be polite enough to say thanks for trying to help but that didnt work or I know thats not my problem because...

Flaming someone for helping will only discourage posters from helping in the future and I'm sure we can all agree that would be a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong with checking other causes. But I think she was responding the way she did because the poster she responded to was suggesting that just because he isn't having a lag, it wasn't an EALand problem AT all. That may not be what the poster meant, but that's how it reads. And the overall tone of the post was insulting to those of us who sincerely ARE having problems with the EALag. And since Lee has already made posts here that they are fixing the lag, I'm sure the devs are sure (or almost sure) that it is an EaLand problem. Since it seems to be happening to MOST people, it can't be everyone's computers. Hope that made sense.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 3 games online. This one is the only one that lags. I have Max Memory and 256 Video hi end processor and I don't use Inter Explorer (also know as Welcome Virus).

People are posted under City Hall not Game Advice because it is a EA problem not my CPU.

G

Thats all fine and good, but some issues are EA and some arent, we wont know unless we try everything and discuss it in a calm rational matter. Trust me I know as well as anyone how frustrating it is to have puter issues, I sure screamed at mine alot lately. Its all there for anyone to read in Hows Life.

I too had bad lag late Sunday and Monday, other times I have had none. Its wonderful to state that your having an issue, its wonderful to share possible solutions. It is not wonderful to tell a poster who is sincerely trying to help to go away. One of those said helpful posters was instrumental in getting me back online.

Issues with lag have many causes, no one can say its all EA or its all an individual computer, but what if its a combination of both? We will never know unless we talk about it. All I'm asking is that we do it in a positive way that will build the community.

X

XLaurenX

I had lag so bad i decided to reformat my computer thinking i had a virus... formated for no reason lmao came on today and lag was so bad this morning while getting taught some skills that i missed half the accepts because mine and the teacher on the lots screen froze... It's terrible and getting worse everyday and i'm on East coast also... It's worse in the Mornings and toward Night... wondering if it has to do with the merges because my computer has the specs to handle the game and plus i'm a old player from 2003 and never had a problem til EA Land opened =S I never lagged in TC3 which is strange but EA Land is Laggy as heck =P No real complaints tho hopefully after all this merging we'll go back to normal! -prays-