• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LAG LAG LAG

• Thread starter imported_Armonia
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Armonia

OK. I have been patient. I have tried for the past week with all the work they have done on the game but I am really fed up now. Every night between 9:30 to 1 am EST. the game lags so bad you cannot play. I was at a party with prizes last night and could not stay to win anything because the lag was so bad. The owner was so upset because they had announced this last week. How can we make money or do anything in the EST time zone when in the evening we can't play because of the same lag same time every day. PLEASE HELP US!!!

G

The lag is pretty much gone for me. I get a glitch here and there at the robot factory but other than that, its great!!!

G

well i'm in the same time zone, and same state, and I"m having no prob what so ever with lag, in either TC or EALand.

Have your dumped your cookies, and done a disk clean and defrag lately? and also a CC folder dump? All that can improve your computer operations, not to mention having sufficient ram and a good connection.

Quite often people are complaining about lag when it is the connection path they are going which is causing a problem. This isn't EA's problem, it's just the amount of traffic on the internet going through different routing points. And for all you know, your ISP could be causing the prob as their servers are overtasked or because they are doing some maintenance.

T

TomDaBombb

The LAG problem has me THIS CLOSE to cancelling my subscription. I have been a paying subscriber for over 4 years! This is ridiciulous. I had a big St. Pattys party in my lot last night and it was ruined by the lag. I even got errored out and it took over an hour before I could finally land again - on my own lot. It pisssed me off and it cost me customers - cuz I was not a happy host after it happened.
This lag needs to be priority one!!! Stop bringing in new players from Brazil and offering more custom content and fix the lag issue first!
We are paying good RL money to play this game and it is not fun anymore.

And yes I have tried every urban legend to try and fix the lag. I have cleaned my cache, emptied my Recycle Bin, deleted all my sim email, freed up memory on my computer, rebooted, and sacrificed chickens.

It's obvious you are having trouble fixing this issue - so at least tell us that and don't blow smoke up our sim-skirts. The game is going downhill fast - and the fact that payouts are low, lots and items are high, and ATMs are encouraged so much tells me that EA is trying to cash in quick before the game falls in on itself!

Give us answers!!! Not lava card deversions!

I

imported_Armonia

yes do a defrag and scandisk once a week. I am also a pc tech so I know about these issues, but thanks for asking. As for the ea land custom content cache, yes i dump it every day before I log in and I am still only having a lag issue in the evening. I dump the cc cache in the evening too before I log in. I think it is happening because of the amount of people playing at that time. May I ask if you are in the same state what internet connection you are using? I am on Wide open west or Wowway. I have the fastest speed as well and a brand new laptop pc with the best graphics driver and processor. I would appreciate any help you could give me.

I

imported_Armonia

Tom, are you who I think you are? it is me Shelly Shamrock...lol. Yes I was one of those customers if it is you and I totally agree with you. I feel that the custom content is one of the major issues as well.

A

AAngel1641

I have had alot of lag too and Im in central time zone so that dont matter. I have plenty of ram and my computer is spick and span clean its not just a few people its alot of people. They ned to fix the lag.

G

<blockquote><hr>

well i'm in the same time zone, and same state, and I"m having no prob what so ever with lag, in either TC or EALand.

Have your dumped your cookies, and done a disk clean and defrag lately? and also a CC folder dump? All that can improve your computer operations, not to mention having sufficient ram and a good connection.

Quite often people are complaining about lag when it is the connection path they are going which is causing a problem. This isn't EA's problem, it's just the amount of traffic on the internet going through different routing points. And for all you know, your ISP could be causing the prob as their servers are overtasked or because they are doing some maintenance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Idea, blame it on the people who have the lag. I was making pizza with people last night. Four different people lagged out. They started fine and then complained of lag. Soon they just stopped and poofed after a time.

According to you, they must have left the lot and went to a bunch of CC stores and filled their cache, doing this while playing pizza no less.

I am sorry, but lag is still out there. I do not experience it much, but I am sure not going to say others are not experiencing it.

G

Perhaps you might take a moment out of your busy life to visit your optomitrist. Where you think you read that my post was blaming the people with lag is beyond me.

My post was only to inform that person of other possible reasons for the "lag" they seemed to be suffering from. At no time did i say that was the reason for it. Now if you have nothing better to do in life than to make a new user name to come after someone who is trying to help, so be it. It just makes me laugh. Perhaps you missed suckle time, *shrugs* don't know and don't care.

Armonia, the only other thing i can think to try would be to do a tracert on your path to ea.com. that way you can see if there is a delay with your isp, or one of the relay connections, and yes it very well can be ok and the delay is something with EA. At least running this will show. Another thing would be to run a broadband speed test. Many of them out there are free as you prob know and have tests to the east and west coast.

Wowway doesn't have a great rep up here, as most of their circuits are overloaded, however they claim to be increasing their services. one or both of those tests would either eliminate them or show where the prob lies. You might find a relay site overloaded and yes Aqua it might even show the prob is with EA.

Hope whatever the prob is you find a way around it or it gets corrected. I haven't tried the game on my laptop lately, maybe i should to see if mine is loading up.

I

imported_MollyG

Lag has been so bad this evening - I just gave up. After fighting the lag all afternoon it was making it impossible to even pizza. I have this game on a laptop, devoted to just this game and surfing the net. I have never had this many problems as I'm experiencing now. As far as CC - I don't even understand it so I know that isn't the problem in my case. Also I have high-speed internet connections. It can't be what is in my computer as there really isn't much here besides the game. I don't even have enough on here to run defrag. Also house-mate (who has a brand-new laptop) is having exactly the same problems at the same time. We are also in the EST zone. Maybe PST just doesn't like us

G

Repeat from another post -
I thought the lag would lessen or remedied when they installed the new computers and hardware? I haven't been experiencing bad lag until I hit a lot, say for example, a store with WHOLE LOT of CC and some visiting sims. I try not to enter a new, one I haven't visited before, when it has a lot of CC or people. Maybe it's a shot in the dark but i haven't pulled any hairs out lately!

G

West coast here, with smooth sailing, no losing connection at work anymore, perhaps you got a virus.

I

imported_Mavric

I'm not having any lag. Hope I don't jinx myself by typing that.

Mavric

G

Mavric did you knock on some wood and throw salt over your left shoulder?!?!?!?!?

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I've got a 3gig dual core with an Nvidia 8600gt. That's overkill for TSO, and I still get some lag. It's not too bad, though. It was a few weeks ago before they fixed it.

G

I'm also fed up with this lag. I've done everything you could possibly think of to improve my game performance; defrag, clear cc cache, close all programs, clear cookies, temporary internet files, etc. I reduce or turn off all graphic effects. My ISP is fine, my PC is fine. Heck, I can run most games with full graphic settings on and experience no lag at all.

But when I play EA Land, I'm 5 minutes behind everybody else. I freeze, hiccup, get numerous error code 32's and disconnect for no apparent reason! And I know it's not just me. I've been to several lots where people complain of this urban legend known as...lag. Yes, it exists for some.

Today, I was skilling up cooking when our hostess(the only roomie/owner online) disappeared due to error code 32. Much to everyone's surprise, none of the visitors were booted out.

She reappeared within 5 seconds, though I suspect this wasn't due to her superhuman reflexes. I'd noticed that she was standing completely still(no idle movements, even) for a good 5 minutes before she left. The game "thought" that she was still there, when in fact, she was attempting to log back in. And no, I wasn't lagging at that point. I saw other visitors talking and eating, while she made an impression of a statue.

Maxis, I love ya! But please do something about this lag before I go bonkers!

G

When they shut EA-Land down last week to add more computers, didn't Lee say they still had a couple more to go? I was thinking they had added most of them.

G

I have noticed an increase in lag all over. Yes I am on EST and yes i clear everything out before playing. It doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing, Lag gets bad. As someone said before, it seems worse when there are more players in game. I can go to a lot with 10 people or 33 people... lag is the same no matter what. Even when i go to work (any of the job tracks) lag makes me give up.

S

Shadowbay

Im so glad a few arent having the same issues with lag. Yesterday, last night, and right now the lag is horrible. I have a new top of the line computer with plenty of everything I need to run a game of this size ... not the puter hon its the game.

G

I'm currently in TC3, the time is 3pm GMT, which makes it morning for America. TC3 at this time is as dead as the proverbial doornail, there are a dozen houses open if you're lucky. About 15 mins ago, the lag hit. Everyone in the house I'm in is suffering, and some are repeatedly getting booted. Between us we come from all parts of the globe, so it's in no way a localized thing, due to server overload, or down to people's particular pcs.

There really isn't any excuse for it. Other MMOGs with many more players and far superior graphics run as smooth as silk, yet it has frequently been a problem with TSO.

G

For those suffering bad, all the time lag ... has anyone done a traceroute or a ping test?

Just curious.

G

I have done a ping test to EA.com and all tests came back fine. But, I have not done the test when the lag is happening. Next time I will do this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

West coast here, with smooth sailing, no losing connection at work anymore, perhaps you got a virus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here very smooth play, I have a number of accounts all running at the same time with no issues.
I love it!

G

*tagging to last (ttl), FYI*

Because we have been having router problems, we have been doing download speed tests every hour or so for over a week. Our top speed is 1.340 Mbps....our worst was .115, just before we lose internet connection.

Even after we replaced the router, the speed was inconsistant. I am telling you this, because everytime I started to lag on the internet, a speedcheck showed that it was the internet...not the site I was on that was causing the lag.

When my speed is optimum, I have no lag in the game....when my speed is around .200 to .400, I lag in the game (and usually D/C w/Error 23).

So what is your connection speed? Does it fluxuate during the day?

This will not help everyone, but it is worth looking at if you are lagging.

G

TY Gilly... this is what I have been saying, and before anyone burns either one of us NO WE ARE NOT SAYING IT'S NEVER EA'S FAULT but we are saying and like many in the industry are and have been saying is the present capacity of the internet is reaching it's limit with all the broadband connections and this is why new hardware and wire is being added daily.

Please keep in mind that most of the cable systems are old, and a piece of wire can only host so much data before it becomes overloaded. The more users online the slower the connection speed becomes. If your cable company has switched to fiber totally in your area you're very lucky. Then you also have to hope that their servers have been upgraded or they are paying for enough bandwidth through someone else's servers.

The best test to run is prob the tracert which will show you every hop your connection makes between your computer and we'll say EA. Also the broadband speed test is good to see what you're connection is really giving you at any one time.

It's really amazing at times when your ISP tells you, you are receiving a 1.5 meg connection. More often than not your connection is not there, unless you call and complain. There are even reports that some ISP's will cut back your "unlimited" service if you are online too much and using too much bandwidth.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

The lag is pretty much gone for me. I get a glitch here and there at the robot factory but other than that, its great!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It really irk's me when I see post like this the topic is LAG LAG LAG not I am not having a problem with LAG who cares about you.

THERE IS A BIG LAG PROBLEM PERIOD. I have not been around one person who says the Lag isn't effecting me.

Then people say oh maybe you have a Virus. OMG are you kidding me.

Even EA said "We are shutting down to fix the LAG issue once and for all" So dont say you dont have lag when EA says there is LAG.

I

imported_queenme

okay I read every post on this thread up to this point and decided to reply to the first because frankly half of the other ones are just plain old bs

how can anyone say that when I played tonight with players located in Arizona, California, Florida and New York, all of us on computers that are less than 6 months old, with double or triple the "required" elements to run this game properly, all with freshly cleaned caches (which is a ridiculous pain in the arse nother whole pile of crapola that we shouldn't have to mess with multiple times a day to try to have a decent gaming experience in this game but then that's a whole nother thread) and all recently and regularly defragged and updated drivers and blah blah blahs....

all on different isp's across the country....

yet each and EVERY one of us experienced literally HOURS of HORRIFIC lag tonite

so ya, right, okay sure, its alllll of our puters and/or isps, not eagames?

that is just one big ginormously huge hot stinking pile of bullcrapola, pardon my french

the problem is with eagames, their servers, other equipment, programming, whatever, u pick...probably all of the above, but the problem is definitively theirs and they know it and they have NOT fixed it and if they continue to not fix it, it more than anything else will finish off this game for good because folks will only pay for just so long to play a game that they CANNOT PLAY ENJOYABLY BECAUSE OF THE LAG.

period.

the end.

G

All day it was smooth sailing until around 9pm cst. Then the lag about drove me crazy. Trying to get in game right now and I'm getting stuck at 35% and then error code 0.

G

I'm wondering if part of the lag is from the merging being done in the background? AV apparently was merging over the weekend and hopefully BF is on its way. During the day I experience very little to no lag. At night when the population increases, lag goes up. It's still better than it was before they updated the hardware and added some more computers. If I read correctly, Lee said they weren't finished so hopefully after they finish adding all the new hardware the game will be much better for everybody!!

P.S. I'm well aware that just because "I" don't experience a lot of lag doesn't mean that nobody else does. Friends in game suffer from it a lot.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

OK. I have been patient. I have tried for the past week with all the work they have done on the game but I am really fed up now. Every night between 9:30 to 1 am EST. the game lags so bad you cannot play. I was at a party with prizes last night and could not stay to win anything because the lag was so bad. The owner was so upset because they had announced this last week. How can we make money or do anything in the EST time zone when in the evening we can't play because of the same lag same time every day. PLEASE HELP US!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I start to notice the lag, I go empty the custom content cache and it lets my game run smooth again. I do the usual disc clean-up and internet options clean-up several times a day but I play mulitple sims and it eliminates most lag and errors.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I'm also fed up with this lag. I've done everything you could possibly think of to improve my game performance; defrag, clear cc cache, close all programs, clear cookies, temporary internet files, etc. I reduce or turn off all graphic effects. My ISP is fine, my PC is fine. Heck, I can run most games with full graphic settings on and experience no lag at all.

But when I play EA Land, I'm 5 minutes behind everybody else. I freeze, hiccup, get numerous error code 32's and disconnect for no apparent reason! And I know it's not just me. I've been to several lots where people complain of this urban legend known as...lag. Yes, it exists for some.

Today, I was skilling up cooking when our hostess(the only roomie/owner online) disappeared due to error code 32. Much to everyone's surprise, none of the visitors were booted out.

She reappeared within 5 seconds, though I suspect this wasn't due to her superhuman reflexes. I'd noticed that she was standing completely still(no idle movements, even) for a good 5 minutes before she left. The game "thought" that she was still there, when in fact, she was attempting to log back in. And no, I wasn't lagging at that point. I saw other visitors talking and eating, while she made an impression of a statue.

Maxis, I love ya! But please do something about this lag before I go bonkers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean error 23?

G

Yes there is a problem with lag. Don't forget they are merging cities. Everyone wants to play and everyone wants the cities merged. The only way they can merge the cities without lag is to shut the game down. We cant have it both ways. They are doin the best they can. We will get there eventually.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It really irk's me when I see post like this the topic is LAG LAG LAG not I am not having a problem with LAG who cares about you.

THERE IS A BIG LAG PROBLEM PERIOD. I have not been around one person who says the Lag isn't effecting me.

Even EA said "We are shutting down to fix the LAG issue once and for all" So dont say you dont have lag when EA says there is LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not have lag!!!! Get it through your head once and for all I do not have lag. It really pisses me off when I and others who do not have a problem with lag are attacked because we do not have the problem....rofl.

YOU have a big lag problem I do not. We are trying to help you find out if maybe just maybe there might be another issue going on that is causing your lag.

EA is trying to work it out on their end maybe some of us can work it out on our end, not all lag is EA's fault. I have been on and every house I visit there are people with and with out lag. I hear them say "I don't have lag here" all the time. I don't like being called a liar just because you have a problem and can't deal with it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not have lag!!!! Get it through your head once and for all I do not have lag. It really pisses me off when I and others who do not have a problem with lag are attacked because we do not have the problem....rofl.

YOU have a big lag problem I do not. We are trying to help you find out if maybe just maybe there might be another issue going on that is causing your lag.

EA is trying to work it out on their end maybe some of us can work it out on our end, not all lag is EA's fault. I have been on and every house I visit there are people with and with out lag. I hear them say "I don't have lag here" all the time. I don't like being called a liar just because you have a problem and can't deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a valid point. Many people have the 'if it doesn't affect me then it's not a problem' attitude, and it *does* get bothersome if you do post a problem and 15 people say 'no problem here, must be you' also. That's not to say everybody who isn't affected by the lag has the aforementioned attitude, but many do. I've dealt with the lag myself by just making TC3 my *home* pretty much so it doesn't really affect me alot, but I sympathize with those who are hard hit by it because I was hit when I was there.....just today in fact when trying to trade the last of my lava cards. My advice has always been to the people who are having the crippling lag in EAL to play in TC3 for a few hours to clear your head of it and not let it get you totally freaked out, BUT it does suck when you can't play in the city you really want to, and instead have to play in an alternate city. That much is true.

The bottom line though is that this is beta, and the cities are still merging so a bit of extra lag is to be expected.....I dont' think they (EA) or us can make a true determination on whether or not the servers are up to snuff until the merges in teh background are completed and ONLY the running of the game is going on. IF we still have crippling lag at that point, I am certain they will do anything and everything within their power to deal with it.

That's my thoughts from my non-geek yet non-techie-illiterate point of view.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm wondering if part of the lag is from the merging being done in the background? AV apparently was merging over the weekend and hopefully BF is on its way. During the day I experience very little to no lag. At night when the population increases, lag goes up. It's still better than it was before they updated the hardware and added some more computers. If I read correctly, Lee said they weren't finished so hopefully after they finish adding all the new hardware the game will be much better for everybody!!

P.S. I'm well aware that just because "I" don't experience a lot of lag doesn't mean that nobody else does. Friends in game suffer from it a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I experience no lag at all anymore but I agree with you others still do. I don't know who is to blame for it, I'm not sure I want to put blame on anyone.

When the lag started the only thing that was a problem for me was entering a property and that was only a few second freeze before I dropped on my butt, hard landing lol. Also when I was on the property when someone else would land I would get a few second freeze. I have never experienced any of the other issues everyone else is referring to. Sorry. Hate me if you like but don't call me a lier. I have an excellent connection and a great computer and an awesome graphics card. I also have a "good son" who runs his won computer business and keeps me in gaming heaven.

I wish no one had to deal with the lag or the other issues that I see posted here on the forum. Hopefully those that have a problem will be able to work things out and I am sure that if it is an EA issue with all the people yelling and screaming at them that it is their fault that they in turn will check to see if it is.

I think their doing a great job and can't wait until all the bugs are out so that we can get on with the fun of playing the game. Really hope to see you all there.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

I don't like being called a liar just because you have a problem and can't deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck it just may be a duck!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I don't like being called a liar just because you have a problem and can't deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]And this has exactly what to do with the price of tea in China?

I'm not plagued by lag either; the only time I am is when my router starts playing up, but - overall, no lag. But, I suppose that makes me a liar too?

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not plagued by lag either; the only time I am is when my router starts playing up, but - overall, no lag. But, I suppose that makes me a liar too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suppose to direct my comments to you directly so in a general way this may be true also.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suppose to direct my comments to you directly so in a general way this may be true also.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your opinion, maybe but by no means because it is reality

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really aren't dealing with this issue too well are you? I feel extremely sorry for you but I'm having fun.....doesn't sound as if you are. I won't insult you, I won't even call you a name or refer to you in a negative way, after all it won't solve the problem your having. Hope you work it out and feel better real soon.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Well, since you are not currently standing in my house monitoring my internet connection, I'm going to assume this means you don't know what you are talking about.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Well, since you are not currently standing in my house monitoring my internet connection, I'm going to assume this means you don't know what you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I not the one who posted Lag Lag Lag. Also not the one who said *We gonna beat this lag Monster once and for all* (Per EA)

So um so yea thought so.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

Let's not forget the topic here, please. In case anyone needs a reminder:

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

The lag... wow its effecting every single thing I do in the game...

G

Please help with the lag, 3 nites in arrow around 10pm est the lag at my property was so bad my guests were freezing for up to 30 seconds... Finally, last nite the house crashed about midnite and all my guests were booted. When I got back into the game barely anyone returned. Can someone tell me why lag is so bad after 10pm est? thanks