• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lady Mel question.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So lady mel casts this putrid nausea spell that lowers ssi, hci, dci by 60 and fc by 5.

My question. Can these stats have a negeative value while under this effect? E.g. You have zero ssi. Lady mel casts this spell. Do you still have 0 ssi or -60 ssi in the end?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i did some trys on lady mel this weekend and i have to say she is the hardest peerless for me so far. Even slasher or stygian dragon is by far easier for me.

First try i went in with the disco / music bushido paladin build i used for slasher and stygian dragon. Didn help a lot because lady mel mostly casts spells and already has low resistance to fire. When nauseau came i switched to daishos with 30 ssi. I did swing at 1,25 but missed a lot due to hci penalty. So i couldnt leech enough life and died in the end. Tried this again and was killed by bloadoath.

2nd time i returned with my standard template with 120 parry but this ended the same way.
3rd try i swapped anatomy for resisting spells. It was a bit better but still had problems with nausea. Here i realized that i can run away from her and use invis pot. The nausea effect ends after a while.

With this tactic the battle went quite well. But in the end i did again due to poison, strangle, and so on that interrupted invisibility while drinking the pot.

Drinking those pots needs too much time. And if i have to cleanse (fc penalty) or pre drinking cure pots it even needs more time. Also space is too tight to get a distance between me and mel.

But i think the invisibility idea is not bad. I have the following template in my mind:

120 swords
120 bushido
120 chivalry
120 tactics
120 parrying ( for evasion)
100 hiding.

Has anyone tried this before. Any suggestions would be really helpful. Thx

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think you can't hide if a monster can still target you, so if space is the problem, hiding might not work.

Lucky Luke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 45 HCI on the suit, you would then drop to -15 HCI?
Lightning strike gives +45/+50 HCI which could then put you at +30/+35%?
Maybe run with +45 HCI on suit & +10/+15 HCI on weapon. Would this possibly bring you back to 45 HCI?

You seem to run without necro so maybe this:

120 weap
100 tactics
120 parry
120 bushido
100 magic resist
84 chiv
100 anatomy
---------------
Requires +24 skill on jewels. But you get 100 magic resist & +2 secs on evasion.

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you can't hide if a monster can still target you, so if space is the problem, hiding might not work.
Just finished training hiding up to gm on a second char. With gm hiding i can hide even in combat. I just have to be 7 tiles away from monsters. Thats not very much and i think it could work with lady mel.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 45 HCI on the suit, you would then drop to -15 HCI?
Lightning strike gives +45/+50 HCI which could then put you at +30/+35%?
Maybe run with +45 HCI on suit & +10/+15 HCI on weapon. Would this possibly bring you back to 45 HCI?

You seem to run without necro so maybe this:

120 weap
100 tactics
120 parry
120 bushido
100 magic resist
84 chiv
100 anatomy
---------------
Requires +24 skill on jewels. But you get 100 magic resist & +2 secs on evasion.
Yes i could try lightning strike too, if hiding doesnt work. Chiv i leave at 120 so i get max ssi and hci bonus from divine fury. Anyway cant try lady mel before weekend i fear

Slappyjipper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Lady Meli will be very difficult for a melee char to solo, regardless of what skills etc ya use. If your looking to solo it it might be worth using a different template. Necro tamer works veeery well ;) can take her down solo in about 10-15mins. But if you are looking to solo it as a melee char, I managed to do it a while back with a sampire. Took a long time mind. I used a fast weapon with high mana and life leech on it and also Feint as a special. I kept Feint up as much as I could and used evasion whenever possible. Apples to remove curse's and blood oaths are essential. Honor yourself when the Dryad spawns so u can kill it in without meli on ya. And aye Lightning strike helps too. And if possible use a weapon with 100% fire damage on it :) not a fun fight, but doable with a melee char heh.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I used Lightning Strike. I crafted a special weapon with 10 HCI. (Later I have bough an artifact with Fey Slayer, HCI and SSI but haven't tried it.)
It works fine. The only problem - satyrs, but with honor you can solve this problem.

1. Cast Honor on yourself and kill satyrs.
You have enough time to kill satyrs one by one. With EOO your damage is high enough to use AI. Honor your target to restore mana after it killing. If a satyr casts Peace let it hit you (you will hit it back). You also can hide using potions and wait till disco/peace is off.

2. Honor Lady Mel, attack it and lure away from corpses.
Animated Undeads are weak but very annoying. Low damage don't allow to leach back the damage taken from Lady Mel. WW doesn't work on them.
So attack Lady Mel and run to the opposite end of the room. Even if Mel animate corpses (usually it does) they just disappear in a few minutes.

3. Keep Lady Mel at the end of the room so you have more room to run away and heal.
Switch to your fast weapon and use LS when you are slowed.
Use evasion when damaged to 1/2 HP.
Switch to mana regen staff when you ran away being damaged hard and without mana. You also may use jewels with magery and a wand with GH to heal yourself fast without mana (use it when you are out of Mel's range).

4. When Lady Mel drop down from 52% to 48% HP it summons satyrs. Be ready to run away before they attacked you. But if Mel restore it's HP over 50% it summons more satyrs when drop down again.
The best way is to use Honor make some damage to be sure it is not restore over 50% then lure it to the opposite end of the room.

P.S. If you died:
During the first 9 minutes you can use another master key to get back to your corpse. After this time you can get new master key to get back to your corpse (be sure you have the second set of keys). But the best way to res is to use Sacrifice virtue.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to solo Mel with a mage tamer but half the time it was so slow I would end up being kicked from the tree for exceeding the time limit, usually as she was red lined and people call ME a griefer.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Mel is ridiculously easy with tamers and mage and throwers. I wouldn't even bother using a meelee. Worst case grab your archer and put some bagballs down..

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a nice goal.....that is sort f part of my game bucket list too.... I might use my tamer usually...but I would like to do it at least once on my sampy.

The same with a lvl 6 or 7 treasure map. :)

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I did it. Was a hard fight. As I thought gm hiding was really really really great. its not interrupted by damage and i could always hide if i was about 7 tiles away from lady mel. problem was only the revenant but i made sure to use momentum strike whenever possible. I needed more than 20 minutes but its was a test phase. I didnt hurry and tested some ideas. the satyr at 50% was no prb too. i used momentum strike as well (was lucky no nausea at that time).

here is a picture:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uhhhh yea... 3rd try about 12 mins. lighhtnig strike daisho is good too...

and now this drop!