• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

L- Carpet

M

Millie

thought that it is cool how you can make them out of the new carpet. and wanted to show you all

L

Lady Lovely

I really really love the new carpets but have to say also that , it's very discouraging to put stuff down and then have to lift it in order to place the carpet because placing stuff onto the carpeted floor is near impossible!
Anyone else having this issue? Any tips?

D

Drazasamus

put the carpet in a box, put item you want on the carpet ontop of box. axe the box, and double click the carpet... lock down other item... done deal

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it also work to put all your deco out, make sure everything is raised by at least 1, then plop the carpet underneath? I *still* havent' messed with any carpeting. Bad sarah! *spanks self with an int dec tool*

BTW your floor looks great! Very pretty!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've found that deeded stuff is no trouble at all to sit on carpets, it's items that give trouble. Easiest way I've found so far is to place everything, raise it right up, lay the carpet, then lower everything down again. Job done.

That pic has just answered a question I had about making L shaped carpet. Thank you!

L

Lady Lovely

I did the raising of the items and placing carpet. My question was more to the items that want to be difficult. Not all items can be raised, mainly the candelabra of souls is whats being difficult. I will try the item in box method though thank you!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a problem with the candleabra flipping under the carpet you might want to put down a box and secure it, raise it two times, put in the candleabra, release the box, axe it, then put the carpet underneath.

T

TheMac

That looks really good! Cant wait to get back and start deco'n

N

Ni-

As far as I was aware, there were no inside corner pieces for carpets. Were they added or was the carpet fudged? I can't tell from the original pic.

M

Millie

i used a regular corner and and used the pouch / chop trick to set it at the right height to make it look like it fit. I will see if i can get a better picture. I felt it was an acceptable look.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Place the carpet then use a goza mat with the border the one with no border goes under the carpet.
I raise the goza mat once or twice place what I want on the spot lock it down. then axed the goza mat. now why I raise the goza mat once or twice first time I didnt raise the goza mat. I recalled out came back everything was under the carpet.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another option to inside corners is, put a table, potted plant, or any object large enough to cover that inside corner there =) probably a little cleaner all and all... I guess it depends on your space ultimately if that's an option or not. =)