KR Housing Menu

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I thought people were saying it is the same under the Enhanced Client.

*Shrug* I know I do not have any issues with cross co-owning between my 2 accounts.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
Gilfane, Siege Perilous
Well I just tried to add a co-owner to one of my houses in the EC client and got the "this person is already a co-owner of another house. . blah blah blah" So no, it doesn't work, and if it used to, they took it out. And, without any sort of notice. . .

Why? This was so nice to be able to add that extra level of security. Now it's friend or nothing

And. . we used to be able to change someone's access level even if they weren't on. Now we can't do that anymore. I like the KR menu, can we get it back?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Unfortunately, all of the GOOD menus from KR were scrapped and reverted back to the internal GGS that the 2d client uses. Granted they tweaked the crafting menu to put in (relatively hidden) the Make # and Make Max features, but beyond that almost everything that actually seemed to FUNCTION well in KR was reverted and put internal so we can't even tweak them from the UI mod standpoint like we could in KR.

T

Thangorodrim

Interesting that they still trust the client. How sad.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
*Sigh*

This is indeed sad news that this would be reverted/become unsupported.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

I believe there were two criteria involved in removing or changing KR UI elements:

1. Does it work better than 2d?
2. Do people like it?

If it matched those two, it got changed (buried in menus) or removed.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Cove X-Road Felucca (Europa)

I believe there were two criteria involved in removing or changing KR UI elements:

1. Does it work better than 2d?
2. Do people like it?

If it matched those two, it got changed (buried in menus) or removed.
No not really, the problem was from developer side, i have seen that because of my modding expierence in the GGSystem. For every single gump you need a KR version, on Server and on User side and because of that many older gumps were broken, bulletin board, puzzels, new slime hunter titles, polems, etc. By involving the old system into the new client, you can develop the gumps on the server and they work exactly the same on both clients.

The other side of the medal is, that with this change you remove all freeness of client side programming KR had, new styles for GG Gumps.

KR was a great project and it should change much, the Devs really want to change the whole UO client and server side, but EA says no we move to another location and close down the studio, so the work never got finished.

The intetion behind the client was right, but it needed more time, think about an SA on this client with new graphic, fantastic, another 6 month with that team on it and KR could be finished.

And with the EC i see history repeating itself, nearly the same bugs as KR at the beginning, but what differs are the rare support, when KR came out nearly every week comes a big patch.

August

* 2.46.1.9 - August 29, 2007
* 2.46.1.6 - August 17, 2007
* 2.46.0.3 - August 6, 2007

July

* 2.45.7.3 - July 26, 2007
* 2.45.6.3 - July 23, 2007
* 2.45.5.6 - July 16, 2007
* 2.45.5.4 - July 16, 2007

June

* 2.45.4.4 - June 29, 2007
* 2.45.4.3 - June 28, 2007
* 2.45.4.2 - June 27, 2007
* 2.45.3.13 - June 26, 2007
* 2.45.3.11 - June 26, 2007
* 2.45.3.10 - June 22, 2007
* 2.45.3.3 - June 15, 2007
* 2.45.1.5 - June 8, 2007

May

* 2.45.1.2 - May 30, 2007
* 2.45.0.6 - May 23, 2007
* 2.45.0.3 - May 17, 2007
* 2.44.0.25 - May 8, 2007
a smaple of a patchlog:

Beginning between 6:00PM and 8:00PM PDT on June 27 (June 28 1:00AM-3:00AM GMT) the Kingdom Reborn client will be patched to version 2.45.4.2, which include the following changes:

* Fixed several bugs with the sitting animations - you should now be able to change your facing correctly
* Polished more environmental art
* Added a number of new sound effects, removed unused sounds
* Polished Fishing Nets and Suits of Armor
* Polished Ethereal Mounts
* Further polished day and nightsight brightness
* Polished a number of creature and player animations
* Polished a number of items
* "Total Gold" message on shopkeeper window should be placed correctly
* Sandals should look more like sandals
* More wearable layering fixes
* Fixed issue with terrain not loading on some video cards
* Added footsteps!
* Fixed bug that could cause user settings not to be saved correctly
* Should now be able to interact with a drag-off heath bar just like interacting with the actual creature – targeting, etc
* Zoom in/out is bound by default to the mouse wheel
* Polished Disguise Kit gump
* Fixed faction horse vendor gump
* Alliance gump should display correctly
* Fixed a bug with the puzzle box gump
* Polished/fixed hairstylist gumps
* Various optimizations
* Client version is now displayed on the login screen
* Added UI size slider
* Added gamma (light/dark) slider
* Fixed crash when logging in after being in a party
* "Say" macros will now allow up to 128 characters
* Animal Lore gump should display info correctly
* Fixed issues with some mounted animations, causing the player to appear to be sitting too far forward on the mount
* Polished shard login window
* Added titles in the title bars of several gumps
* Polished custom housing gumps
* (2D) Roads should appear less monotonous in Moonglow
* Added art for aquariums
* Text above mobs’ heads should now be centered
* Spoken commands are no longer case-sensitive
* Fixed various crashes
this is how a patchlog should look like, this is how support should be if a client is in beta or new!

And what i dont understand, it was all there, the animations, the new titles, no problems with not loading titles, animations were flowing. Okay developing the GG System was not a bad idea, but what happens with all the other vantages, destroyed and the Devs do like they are inveting the wheel new, but it is all there. Only the stability problem was for me an anyoing one, the rest was acceptable, i cant understand why they didnt use KR as strong fundament.