• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kingdom Reborn, My return after 1 years

Z

zammazingo

Hello All,

Here are my two coins, just for the people who are interested.

I quit playing UO like a year ago.

I was bored with all the bugs in the game, script users, attitude of developers, etc.

Around a week ago i have seen some links about UOKR and yesterday I wanted to give it a shot.

First of all, i would like to charge UO Developers for releasing a beta. I have been playing computer games since I was 8. I am 27 years old. And i can clearly say that:
UO KR IS THE MOST BUGGY GUI I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE.

I participated in beta testing of some games, such as WoW. I can (again) clearly say that:
EVEN THEIR BETA RELEASES HAD MUCH LESS BUGS THAN UO KR.

It did not take me any longer than 30 minutes to fill 3 bug reports in UO KR. And only God knows when will they be fixed, if they ever will be.

Here are the few additional things I wanted to point out (other than KR).
First of all:
ALL OF THE BUGS, THAT MADE ME QUIT, ARE STILL THERE....

Yes... I walked around the streets of Sosaria and checked out few bugs I could remember. So strange, almost none of them were fixed.

I found some people from my old guild. After a chat with them, I figured out that scripters are no longer kicked from the game.

I switch to 2D and started using a script. My friend paged me and he got a canned message. So I take that as scripters are officially allowed in the game.

Anyways, after hanging around for a while, I went back to UO registration page and canceled my subscription.

Good luck all, whom are left behind, since you have a lot to deal with.

G

Didn't you know you can't bash KR here without being called a 2d addict who cant accept change, and that your refusal to play KR will single handedly destroy UO?

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

It did not take me any longer than 30 minutes to fill 3 bug reports in UO KR. And only God knows when will they be fixed, if they ever will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the perceived bad attitude, I agree with most of what you said about KR.

My biggest problem right now is that I like KR, and I am tired of filling out bug reports. I reported once, twice, maybe 5 times on some issues. Do I still have to report it? I mean, come ON!

I know we are getting new content or story soon (Visit post FoF: Frenching Finally), but it better not take too many resources from clean-up and repair.

Z

zammazingo

I did not play UO in 2d actually,

I hope i will not be marked as troll for my comments below.

When I look at the UO i can not see much left to destroy.

Unfortunately EA is doing its best to destroy UO. For that, it is much more successful than any of us could be.

We did not love UO because of what it is today.
If you are talking about 3D screens, arts, and other shiny things then there hundreds of those games out there. They are so successful at being 3D that current UO team could not even catch up to them even if it tried for couple of years.

We play/played UO for different reasons. For me they are:
Very customizable skill tree,
Top screen view,
Ability to gate/recall to anywhere in the map.
Very successful player to player trading systems (actually having each specific crafter skill).

I, for my self, can not ask more than successful delivery of the list above. By successful, I mean as less bugs as possible, no cheater, etc.

But what we get in return is:
Sxxty 3D graphics,
Bugs more than I could ever imagine,
Allowance of scripts.

Unfortunately, I do not believe these are the things that current player base is asking for.

As one last note, I highly believe that current UO player base is used a test subject for upcoming titles from EA/Mythic. They feed us something (use as tester) and change other games depending on our reaction. I beliave KR is the latest result of that. I would not be surprised if i see some other game from EA/Mythic that has the exact same graphics with UO.
Thanks.

M

My OneSelfer

1.5 hours to download
45 mins to install
5 mins to realize it sux
30 secs to delete it

rest of my life to laugh about it

G

No, no .. youre sooo wrong. KR is the future. It will bring new players into the game and be the saviour of UO.

/end sarcasm

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

Didn't you know you can't bash KR here without being called a 2d addict who cant accept change, and that your refusal to play KR will single handedly destroy UO?

[/ QUOTE ]

aww coem on, can't i get a better name than 2d addict ? lol

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

aww coem on, can't i get a better name than 2d addict ? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can... addict 2D!