• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Killing Travesty with warriors

S

Seismic

So my warrior's template is:

110 Swords
100 Parry
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Resisting Spells
90 Healing
85 Chivalry

90 Str
100 Dex
35 Int

What should increase/decrease to kill Travesty effectively? I'll usually be playing with a friend of mine, who has a warrior too, and a mage, and an archer. Since I don't play my warrior at all, help me concentrate his skills/equip/stats on Travesty. Then maybe I'll play him more often :).

Equipment right now is nothing exciting and I'm not at home to know what I have, especially since I never play him! So just any general suggestions on resists I should look for in armor, wep suggestions, etc?

Oh and can a warrior effectively gather the keys? I've never even been to Travesty before and have never tried to get a key. In fact, I've been in The Citadel only once, so I am a newbie at this!! :)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing about Travesty is that she duplicates your skills/stats/equipment.

That means that she'll be hitting you as hard as you'll be hitting her.
That also means that there is no right skill level for kicking her changeling tail.

Which then means that there's no way to tailor your template only for her.

There are a lot of don'ts, such as no bards or necromancers, but you don't look like you need to worry about that.

You and another warrior should do well.

Collecting keys:
A warrior not only can do this, but is the best option for collecting the keys. You just need a couple of things:
1. A good connection - you need to run through a lot of bad things to get one of the keys. Being fast helps.
2. A weapon with disarm - The first two keys all have opponents who can be disarmed, and have no wrestling skill. So that makes getting those keys quick.
3. A fast weapon - Soul seeker works well for that. Once disarmed, kill them quickly, and use the whirlwind attack to kill them all at once.
4. Orange petals - To collect the red key, you have to fight from 3-6 mages at once. That means that you'll be poisoned almost constantly. Orange petals help.
5 (optional, but really helpful) - honor. To collect the red key, you can honor yourself and pick off the mages one by one (or just the grandmaster if (s)he has the key). Super-easy.

I'd offer to guide you along all the secrets and such, but I have no characters on Atlantic who are good enough. So...
Good luck!

S

Seismic

Wow, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks so much, Farsight! :)

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Healing is going to make travesty a lot harder.
The only other way I could think to stay alive in there would be curse weapon, but then she gets some necro skills, which is bad news. 4/6 chiv with life leech wep? Trouble is, I can't mana leech off of her, so my mana is 0 all the time. So healing is the way to go in my experience. The part that always gets me is the wave of mobs at the end. Have not gotten past that, as my dps is not good enough to finish her off before all the elite ninjas do their thing on me.

Keying up is the easy part imho.

D

Duku

You can do it in vamp form, but dont forget to store your necro skill points in your soulstone after VE !!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're talking about killing her alone, then yes, healing makes it harder.

But with more than one warrior cross healing, then you can easily out-damage Travesty's healing. It takes longer than having two non-healing warriors, but it's a lot easier when you can heal each other. There's a trade off there.

The template that I've had the best luck with is this
115 mace, 115 bushido, 115 tactics, 115 anatomy, 115 parry, 65 necro (plus ossian grimoire, low necromancy ring and midnight bracers for vamp form) with the rest in chivalry. With no spirit speak, her necromancy is mostly worthless, so that isn't an issue. Healing is done through leaching, pots and confidence.

But I much prefer to go in groups of 3 or more, and the more warriors, the better (but a rune beetle is great if you have a tamer along as well).