• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Killing the Zipactricotl ..

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

Does anyone have any tips on how to take down the Zipactricotl ?
A friend and I are trying to do it to finish the quest chain and it seems next to impossible.
I know you have to kill all the activators to stop the blobs from spawning. But even after that... he teleports you to him constantly, and then converts your mana to energy and insta-kills you. I know you can run out of the blue stuff when he does that but half the time he just teleports me right back in.
Is there some sort of trick?
After a long and tedious quest chain I just want to beat him already! :)

Thanks in advance!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

Does anyone have any tips on how to take down the Zipactricotl ?
A friend and I are trying to do it to finish the quest chain and it seems next to impossible.
I know you have to kill all the activators to stop the blobs from spawning. But even after that... he teleports you to him constantly, and then converts your mana to energy and insta-kills you. I know you can run out of the blue stuff when he does that but half the time he just teleports me right back in.
Is there some sort of trick?
After a long and tedious quest chain I just want to beat him already! :)

Thanks in advance!
Are one of you on a dexer, preferably a sampire? If yes, have sampire stand directly on top of him, and tank while the other xheals CONSTANTLY. If the other player is a bard, it goes even better - discorded boss with peacing mastery running.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are one of you on a dexer, preferably a sampire? If yes, have sampire stand directly on top of him, and tank while the other xheals CONSTANTLY. If the other player is a bard, it goes even better - discorded boss with peacing mastery running.
This! :)

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having Kinetic Eater on your Armors helps a lot to reduce his special mana to energy attack.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I turned my sampire to a human and his mastery to swords to get my mana below 50 and you don't take damage from the energy attack. I only die to him with a small group when he does disarm.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have been doing it with a tamer/mage and a disco mage...
So unfortunately both of us have lots of mana..lol

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Owch... not a good combo for that... ;) We've done it pretty easily with a couple warriors and a couple mages casting nothing but greater heal.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
did it with a Disco Mage and a 2nd mage 1 time and will never do that again.
died about 100 times and took hours to do.

now we do it with what is listed above.
sampire tanks (or 2 of them)
with a disco mage running peace mastery and disco zippy and heal warriors.
a 2nd mage healer if one is around.

that combo seems to work good.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Our guild goes in with a bard, some archers, a dexxer or 2, and me on a plain old Mage/Mystic/Spellweaver. It works pretty well. But then again, we are a "well oiled machine"!Few deaths, unless I have a brain cramp and cast a colossus! WoD at the end for over 700'ish is nice. Just be prepared to get sucked in every time you cast it!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have friends that go in with pets. They don't really have a problem, contrary to popular opinion. They just have to be willing to stay within 2 steps of Zippy while vetting their pets, and they stay right where they are. The big difficulty is getting the pet to disengage and run with them when the magical attack occurs - their standard move is to run in opposite directions, and Zippy follows one. The other escapes with their pet, and after the special stops, they run back in and attack with their own GD while vetting the other (probably dead) tamer's dragon, while the others rez the other tamer.

You can do something similar with an RC, just have mass dispel precast (since you can't heal the rotter), standing so close to Zippy to where he doesn't feel the need to teleport you in. Then, when he starts his special, dispel your RC and run away.

Similarly, as long as you're not using something that causes bleed or infect, you can use any weapons user and just keep running in and out of combat. In fact, you can just sit on him and keep popping off special moves to keep your mana low, every time you get enough to trigger the special move again.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
We take a party between 6-8 when we do it, one disco/prov bard, rest mytis/mage/spell. Lots of pre-casting attack spells, running toward it, toss off the spell and continue to run toward it to escape on the other side when pulled it, running like crazy when the green fire is toss out by it. We normally finish up well before the hour we set for the event is done.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done it with one whammy & one discord mystic mage running provoke buffs (my PvM template).

Took us about 15mins and neither of us died once. Keep the mage out of range from his area effects.
When he disarms just have the whammy run in circles until they can re-arm. Curse wep is a must.
Mystic spams cleansing winds for debuff removal and healings.

120music 120provoke 120discord gives enough points for the mastery to works nicely.
Discord on the boss is key. I just run 92 magery w/o eval for 100% never fizzle inviso.
Other then that just move around a lot as necessary.

Hardest part I've found is finding a whammy to team up with since hardly no one runs that temp it seems.