• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Killer Talismans - Pet's Damage

H

Honest Dan

Could someone confirm if it is correct that if you equip a particular killer talisman your pet's damage amount increases against said particular mob?

Thanks

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talisman slayer properties only work for fighters. They do not effect tamer's pets, magery, or barding. I really wish they would fix them to work with magery spells.

O

Old Man of UO

Talisman slayer properties only work for fighters. They do not effect tamer's pets, magery, or barding. I really wish they would fix them to work with magery spells.
There was a long thread on UHall about talisman slayer properties, but they only work with archery and melee skills. I do not want them to work with magery spells - mages have slayer spell books. C'est la vie.

R

RichDC

There was a long thread on UHall about talisman slayer properties, but they only work with archery and melee skills. I do not want them to work with magery spells - mages have slayer spell books. C'est la vie.
Dont wana start the long argument again...but im gna :p

So do warriors, they now have double slayer property on damage, plus bushido, +enemy of one, +more skills available to increase damage.

Mages have, eval...SDI...Slayers.

Necros have SDI and SS.

Thats not balanced.

O

Old Man of UO

Dont wana start the long argument again...but im gna :p

So do warriors, they now have double slayer property on damage, plus bushido, +enemy of one, +more skills available to increase damage.

Mages have, eval...SDI...Slayers.

Necros have SDI and SS.

Thats not balanced.
Depends on your point of view... a mage doesn't stand toe-to-toe with whatever is damaging them either (well, most don't), so ya... it's balanced.

Back at you. Heh

M

MoneyMaker

Tallies don't work with pets.......:sad3:?

Thats just a bummer.........:sad4:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you think the people are complaining now about pets over powered give the pets slayer abilities and I will rule the world lol!

H

Honest Dan

Thanks for all the infos. I guess this thread should be locked or something before re-starting that argument =). Then again, outside the mage & warrior argument, I vote for talismans that gives extra damage for pets =P.

*locked*

O

Old Man of UO

Thanks for all the infos. I guess this thread should be locked or something before re-starting that argument =). Then again, outside the mage & warrior argument, I vote for talismans that gives extra damage for pets =P.

*locked*
Funny.... trying to lock the thread so you can get the last word? Heh... if you give talismans to mages, you should give it to any class including tamers. Mages already have player created slayer spell books, just not every slayer that can be found on talis.

No... just leave them alone.

R

RichDC

Depends on your point of view... a mage doesn't stand toe-to-toe with whatever is damaging them either (well, most don't), so ya... it's balanced.

Back at you. Heh
Just because someone stands toe-toe with something doesnt mean they should get any extra bonuses.

They already have a slayer no other temp can use(fey), they have bushido and chivalry, which no matter what will make them do insanly more damage with or without a slayer than any scribe necro mage with a slayer.

Plus due to the leeches on said weapons they almost never run out of mana, wheras a necro only has the mana pool of the boss there fighting to leech.

Archers dont stand toe-toe and can use talismans, it is unbalanced due to the effects it can have to a persons damage and the fact that only these templates can gain the extra DI bonus, as well as the extra damage from skills. It only makes sense that all slayers should be available to all classes including bards.