(OT) Kids These Days, Geeksquad, HP, Its Not My Fault

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Well, the little one tore the backspace key off my laptop today, broke the retainer tip, called geeksquad, they wanna replace the whole keyboard, called HP, same thing.

Silly.

So im gonna have to order a retainer online, so in the meantime, anything I say that breaks the rules, is not my fault! I have no backspace!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2004
www.lorddog.com
highlight right click and choose delete.
also you may be able to map a dif key to the backspace

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Start > accessories > accessibility (or Ease of Access), on screen keyboard.
minimise to taskbar when not using.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
MB, CA
Depending on the exact type of keyboard, just jam some wadded paper in there so you have something to press.

Bonus points if you hand carve a new backspace key out of soap.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2009
Outsourced customer service is garbage. Enough said. I've had enough of dealing with HP...

Geeksquad does do some stupid ****. You can get keys WITH the rubber nipple and plastic standoffs for almost any model laptop off ebay for like 5 bucks.

But sometimes I don't think they're that stupid. I work for a guy who runs his own small business as a field tech, and he has a storefront doing geeksquad type stuff, except I do everything geeksquad won't (I get a lot of their customers...) CCFL tube replacements for LCD screens, motherboard replacements, DC jack soldering, hinge replacements, you name it, I do it.

Unfortunately, 50% of the above work ends up being way more trouble than its worth. Fixing broken old pieces of **** is just not worth it.

Go geeksquad!