• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Keep us Informed Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Please... If anyone knows of another online game thats close too this please post it so the rest of us could see if its our cup of tea...

G

I agree if there is anymore online game like this that don't cost a lot please let us know!

Y

yellowrosehip

Closest one I've found is Second Life, although when I played, it was so laggy it made me motion sick.

The furthest thing to TSO= Pogo.

I play Pogo because I like the card games. Can't even fathom the thought that went in to trying to convert TSO people in to Pogo subscribers that it might somehow fill the void.

P

Paulina

Buddha Paul and me have been looking tonight and really did not come across anything that comes close to TSO. But we will continue looking..lol..we need a blue couch to cuddle on come august 1st.

G

During the course of the past several weeks I have been on a personal hunt for a game like this, any game that doesnt take a 12gig processor and a T1 internet connection to enjoy. I havent come up with much to be honest. I have found a lot of games that fall in the same type category as second life/ These games do not interest me. Graphically speaking, many games either, have kewl 3d graphics, or fall quite short of sims graphics IMO. So unless you have a great comp and wonderful internet you may be in trouble. I am going to go back to Everquest, mainly because I am not sure if I would like Everquest 2 enough to invest in the software. I am intrigued by EQ2 because you are supposed to be able to own a home there. But IDK. Alot of people down games like everquest because of the fighting factor. You must remember that fighting is only PART of the game. Many people do the skill side of the game and are in high demand creating things for other players. Good luck in your search and if anyone finds something kewl let me know

G

There are a plethora of "NeverWinter Nights" servers that may (or may not) appeal to some. The graphics are 2d and nearly identical to TSO. Game play is in the style of D&D.
The types of servers run the gamut from G to XXX and RP to PvP to Social.
Downside: Most servers are small, private worlds run by ordinary folks and only accomodate small numbers of players (up to about 50) at a time. There is no home building as in TSO, although there are many servers that offer pre-built homes.
Most are free.

A

Allison Chains

Give There a try. It's not as laggy as Second Life and the community is quite friendly. I spent several years there and have made some great friends that have continued past the our play in the game. The Uru community moved to There when their game closed down and they have a nice little neighborhood of their own.

The scenery is so beautiful in There - I'm still amazed at the artwork.

Subscription is free, although you will have to buy things if you want to dress up or build a house. You could easily have fun spending much less than the $15 monthly you spent here. (or of course you could spend nothing)

I have spent time in SL and There, and personally I found There much more friendly and less "lonely" feeling than SL. But that is personal opinion.

Those of you who know Studly will find him in There, too. There are even a few TSO clubs to join, or you could make your own.

G

<blockquote><hr>

can you please post a link to the game site? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
You misunderstand - there is no single site like TSO.
You have to purchase the game first - access to the servers is thru the game menu. You can play off-line, build a world of your own, play in a network, or play on the multi-player games on-line.
This is all hosted by GameSpy - I'm sure you can get some answers at their site.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Never Winter Nights 2

Good game. Nothing like TSO. Not a "social" game (hugs, dancing, exc..)

[/ QUOTE ]
No - I'm talking about NWN1, which has many interactions, and can be social, RP, PvP, etc.

G

keep posting so we can see where the majority of the 13,000 people go too..

Status
Not open for further replies.