• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just wanting some confirmation (Rebuilding)

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I recently placed a house and have since been told I can get a larger house on the plot I am on, now I have been told I can demolish and replace within the 7days without any issues, but I was also told that if I demolish with the character that owns the house I would have to wait to rebuild on the same plot?...

I am confused and I don't want to lose the plot I am on. Want to make it quick and painless... as it is in sort of a higher traffic area :)

Any answers or confirmations to my delima would be greatly appreciated !

- Deaol

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe what you might be needing is the resize option.... you stand near housesign and say "I wish to resize my house"

however.!! resizing means you need to move everything to bank, boats, second house, beetles, whatever, because when you resize it's like an idoc, everything falls to the ground and is freely lootable

the advantage to the resize is that only you can place on that plot for about an hour (if there is a specific length of time, I don't know it, and might likely be in the Knowledge Base)

hope that helps

T

Teufel_Hund

What the Devil said, stand under your house sign and say "I wish to resize my house" hopefully your house was empty before you did this. Then simply start the process of placing a larger plot. If you have UOAssist I would recommend using UOAutomap to walk off the dimensions of your larger plot and to determine where the center of the front wall of your new house should be and be sure to show your cursor coordinates. This way as soon as the house drops you can walk right to the spot where your house should fit. Good Luck

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the information, yeah it still is a plot so I didn't have to worry about anything inside falling to the ground.

I had one heck of a time trying to place anything bigger, on test center I was able to place a plot that was 17x16 and for the life of me I was not able to place the same plot on my regular shard, in the end I gave up and just replaced what I had.. I am still clueless as why it won't let me place bigger, same map features on both tc1 and my shard. :cursing:

T

Teufel_Hund

Thanks for the information, yeah it still is a plot so I didn't have to worry about anything inside falling to the ground.

I had one heck of a time trying to place anything bigger, on test center I was able to place a plot that was 17x16 and for the life of me I was not able to place the same plot on my regular shard, in the end I gave up and just replaced what I had.. I am still clueless as why it won't let me place bigger, same map features on both tc1 and my shard. :cursing:
Welcome to the wonderful world of UO and House Placement. Locations from shard can be quite different and what fits on one may not neccessarily fit on another. Some say Facet to Facet even. I am gonna try another one of my houses tonight, I believe I can get an 18x18 where my 16x16 is sitting.

T

Tazar

There are some small items that can block housing placement that randomly come and go... I've never understood why, by try again in a few days and you may get lucky! :)

T

The Home Guild

I recently placed a house and have since been told I can get a larger house on the plot I am on, now I have been told I can demolish and replace within the 7days without any issues, but I was also told that if I demolish with the character that owns the house I would have to wait to rebuild on the same plot?...

I am confused and I don't want to lose the plot I am on. Want to make it quick and painless... as it is in sort of a higher traffic area :)

Any answers or confirmations to my delima would be greatly appreciated !

- Deaol
Yes,you can demo a plot and replace.7 day timer is for recieving only.
safe route is as devil mentioned..resize option.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah in the end I have give up on trying to place bigger, I tried for quite sometime with no luck. Previously on the plot a tower exsisted, but I am assuming the tower was placed along time ago, as counting the tiles around for the wings to fit, there is a lot of debris which does not allow for the tile spacing between the 5 tiles out to compensate for the wings.

Oh well.. im still happy I was able to find a plot in Britain that I could fit a 16x15 on :D