• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

just to put it out there.....

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
being a 17 year vet I just wanted to say what I missed. in the gameplay.
I guess the main one would be invasions, we used to get these regularly so how about a raid on luna? as raids is why we stopped using Britain

in game events like weddings and executions.

anyone else think of stuff? I guess that I believe that forging ahead is good but also good to give a nod to the previous publishes and lets get that raid going. always a good place to meet other folk

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also really miss invasions... I liked collecting the colored armor and the other drops.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I miss how NPCs used to talk to you... they could answer things like "Where is the Bank? and I think you could ask them what town it was... But they talked back to you a bit. They still will sometimes move for you if you say their name and say "_______ Move"... But they don't really say much of anything anymore...

I miss global events... EM Events while fun only last a short time and then it's a week long wait for something new... but Global Events and Invasions lasted weeks...

I miss Despise being a good training dungeon... I miss the Gargoyle city in Illsh... I miss Blackthorns Castle there... I miss the simplicity we had before AoS... and getting my stuff repaired by other players... I miss when we had reasons to interact with other players for more than just selling your lastest EM event item or whatever.

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i miss the thieving days when you could actually steal something from people before insurance.. ie keys, house deeds, reggies so they couldn't heal any more... those days where fun.. to bad they ruined playing a thief.

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I miss the pre aos, pre trammel days when suits where basic, player skill meant something and playing outside of town had real risk and incentivized working together.
Try the Siege Perilous shard, player skill means something, there is risk outside of towns, and don't wear your most impressive suit.

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i miss the thieving days when you could actually steal something from people before insurance.. ie keys, house deeds, reggies so they couldn't heal any more... those days where fun.. to bad they ruined playing a thief.
Thieving is alive and well Siege. While you can't swipe the things you mention, goodies can and are stolen here.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try the Siege Perilous shard, player skill means something, there is risk outside of towns, and don't wear your most impressive suit.
I made 4 characters on Siege... but it just isn't the same. Back in the day we were all in GM suits, and replacing the exact suit you had before that was the same as everyone elses was easy and cheap....

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do miss the uniqueness of UO the first few years of its production, it had a certain charm to it. Now I miss all the players that long ago went on to different games. Many of which were/are people that were family members or friends, I'm the last hold out of maybe 30 people that played.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I miss old friends
Everyday... 2 of whom are now no longer with us as they have gone from the Earth as well... So many friends gone off to games with more modern graphics and support.

Many left after AoS not happy with the game because they didn't like that direction, many more left because they lost stuff either due to billing issues they couldn't resolve or because they got hacked or scammed, several left when they spent hours waiting on GMs to never show up they got fed up and left, still more left when global events ended and there was "nothing" to do most the time, some left because the "wife" or "significant other" told them it was the game or them, some left to start families and others left to attend college and they just didn't have time for UO anymore, others left when they found too many of their friends gone and there just wasn't anything (anyone) left to keep them here... now there are so few of us left that it really is devastating to lose anyone at all and many of us are so close almost like family... sometimes family that acts too much like family... hehe.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except Siege looks very empty. Seems it would be difficult to find someone to steal from.
Its quite easy, just provoke some PKs in GC. They will show up. Stay naked and steal from them. Even if they kill you, you will keep an item - I did this with some really renowned PKs and it was a blast!

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss standing in line at north brit smithy, chatting to people whilst I waited my turn to get my precious suit of valorite plate repaired by a smith whom I trusted to hand it over to, knowing I'd get it back, tipping him 100 gold for his services. Not to mention my uber weapon ... a supremely accurate silver katana of vanquishing.