• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Just heard some very sad news...

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to be the one to pass on sad news... but I just got word that Whitefire (HHYC) passed away on the 14th. Not really sure what to say... he will be missed... My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends... and his Guild (HHYC).

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
God Bless you Whitefire. You will be missed

Thank you for all you have done for the multitudes of new players over the years

Thank you Bennu & Mesanna for finishing his town banner so he got to see it before he passed

Lannie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hate to be the one to pass on sad news... but I just got word that Whitefire (HHYC) passed away on the 14th. Not really sure what to say... he will be missed... My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends... and his Guild (HHYC).
It's a very sad day, I'm very thankful that I was able to get to know Whitefire over the past several months. He will be Deeply missed on ATL. My Prayer's go out to his Family and Friends, We will miss you Whitefire R.I.P

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beldin that's actually his town marker, happily Mesanna and Bennu were able to set it up for him to see before he passed. Not sure why his town name is missing, but it looks like a great memorial to a really huge loss to Atlantic!

I'm sure he's already setting up a club to welcome new initiates to the hereafter!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pained to hear of his passing. I have known him since my days on Pacific. He was an asset there as well as of here. HHYC was his passion and I hope to see it carried on in his memory.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
STORMY'S EARTHLY REMAINS WERE LAID TO REST TONITE
HERZ MEMORIAL IS ON FIRE ISLAND
EM DROSS DID THIS FOR US AND DID A GREAST JOB
IT WAS VERY EMOTIONAL FOR ALL, MOST HAD TO LOG AFTER IT. ON CHESSY
SHE PASSED SUDDENLY LAST WEEK

Chums

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although I did not know Wildfire well it as always sad when some passes away. I wish Wildfire's friends and family my condolences.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whitefire left us wonderful memories of a great UO player. He was also a character in real life. I'll always remember one day he came home from the hospital and immediately went snowmobiling. Then he logged onto UO & laughed about how difficult that was with his new artificial foot. I miss him.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
RIP
Always hard to lose someone you know. Its been happening to me too much of late :(

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very sad news, last time I chatted to him in game I spoke to both him and his son, anyone know if his son still plays?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Very sad news, last time I chatted to him in game I spoke to both him and his son, anyone know if his son still plays?
The last time I talked with him about it was last year, he said his son died on a submarine while serving in the Navy. He was in the hospital at the time, and on alot of morphine so...I'm not sure if it's true or if the morphine was messing with his thoughts. His grandson does still occasionally play though, he's a nice guy.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God, that's terrible. So sad when a parent outlives their child. To be honest Whitefire hated me when I started because I robbed and killed him initially, but luckily I got the chance to get to know him and make my peace with him before I left.

I even emailed Messana after he had told me about his diagnosis and prognosis and petitioned for some type of tribute to be made in recognition of the generous help he provided to so many people over such a long time, unfortunately due to my in game reputation I think it fell on deaf ears.

RIP whitefire

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
God, that's terrible. So sad when a parent outlives their child. To be honest Whitefire hated me when I started because I robbed and killed him initially, but luckily I got the chance to get to know him and make my peace with him before I left.

I even emailed Messana after he had told me about his diagnosis and prognosis and petitioned for some type of tribute to be made in recognition of the generous help he provided to so many people over such a long time, unfortunately due to my in game reputation I think it fell on deaf ears.

RIP whitefire
There is an in game tribute to him, EM Bennu and Mesanna created a large, very cool looking shrine type thing with his statue at the top of it inside his guild town in the Atlantic luna ice area. Fortunately he was able to see it before he passed away. Beldin posted a picture of it earlier in this thread.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a memorial location approved, I am just waiting on the details to be emailed to me for the stone and deco...

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's actually his city deco norr, they finished it just before he passed. It was really cool that they did, and he was able to see it before he died.

Bennu, it's hard to get his guild members together, I'm waiting on contact from his grandson before making an executive decision and sending you what I've compiled.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
you better read u hall
lots ob pooples no want rl an game to mix for any reason
dey jackaninneys

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you better read u hall
lots ob pooples no want rl an game to mix for any reason
dey jackaninneys
There is a big difference (in my opinion), between a RL tragedy/world event... and the passing of someone who played a character in-game and contributed to their in-game community.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a big difference (in my opinion), between a RL tragedy/world event... and the passing of someone who played a character in-game and contributed to their in-game community.
A persons a person, no matter how small...

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A persons a person, no matter how small...

I don't disagree that every life is important and that no matter who died, their life had meaning. An' I agree that memorials for those who played this game do have a place in this game.

The thread white rabbit was referring to was in regards to an in-game memorial being created for the 9-11 tragedy. In that thread, I was opposed to it and stated my reasons. Since white rabbit brought the matter up, I felt I should clarify that I personally support in-game memorials for players that played this game. Our virtual world does not have the resources nor land to do justice to all the tragedy and loss in the real world, but I do feel that if someone has passed that from our in-game world, than a memorial is fitting. I've gotten a slew of hate over my stance in the aforementioned thread, so I wanted to make sure my stance is clear before the next round begins.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't disagree that every life is important and that no matter who died, their life had meaning. An' I agree that memorials for those who played this game do have a place in this game.

The thread white rabbit was referring to was in regards to an in-game memorial being created for the 9-11 tragedy. In that thread, I was opposed to it and stated my reasons. Since white rabbit brought the matter up, I felt I should clarify that I personally support in-game memorials for players that played this game. Our virtual world does not have the resources nor land to do justice to all the tragedy and loss in the real world, but I do feel that if someone has passed that from our in-game world, than a memorial is fitting. I've gotten a slew of hate over my stance in the aforementioned thread, so I wanted to make sure my stance is clear before the next round begins.
Well, I for one agree with you totally, not that my opnion matters much in the grand scope of things.