• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just An Old Memory.....

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Only a vague memory (I think). I believe that´s me in red in the front row. How old is the pic?
Names that pop up are York and Kattasrophe (sp?). Am I close?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was back around 2014. I think York was one of the actors and possibly that's Sara Dale in green. I remember Kat being there as well. I see Troop's purple shoes. I don't remember him giving me shoes. lol

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you had that photo saved, Amber Witch! I played the Ogre (Ettin) in that play production from York.

I still have the script saved all these years:

------------------------------------------------------
The Ogre and The Tailor – A UO rewrite of The Giant and the Tailor by the Grimm Brothers

Narrator

A certain tailor who was great at boasting

but ill at doing, took it into his head to go abroad for a while,

and look about the world.

As soon as he could manage it, he left his workshop,

and wandered on his way,

over hill and dale, sometimes hither, sometimes, thither, but ever on and on.

Once on his way he perceived in the blue distance a steep hill, and behind it a tower reaching to the clouds, which rose up out of a wild dark forest.

Son of a ……, cried the tailor, what is that,

and as he was strongly goaded by curiosity,

he went boldly towards it.

As he walked boldly towards this tower suddenly moved.

It jumped over the steep hill and crashed down in front of the tailor.

It was a powerful Giant that stood before him…

Gaint in a powerful voice)
1 What do you want here? you pitiful little man!

The Tailor: Emote *whimpers*

I was… I was just merely. Well you see,…

Emote *boastfully speaking*

I am the greatest tailor in all of the land and I have come to this forest to find my fortune. I shall tailor out of only the finest of cloth and create garments of exceptional quality. For the world shall know my name by my stitch.

*pulls needle from the brim of his hat and begins to clean finger nails*

Narrator:

The giant was impressed by this statement and thought he would offer to help

Giant:

2. If that is your goal little man I shall let you travel with me. But first fetch me a jug of water. And for this I will carry you with me. As you see I can cover great distances very fast.

The Tailor:

Emote: *insulted by this request*

Sure… I will bring you a jug of water. Is this not what these unbelievably talented hands are for? It really is a simple request Giant, perhaps too simple for a man as great as me. Have you considered this in that giant head on those overgrown shoulders?

The Giant:

3. * begins to sense sarcasm*

The tailor continues:

… A Man that is as gifted as I can bring you a well of water, nay a Stream. Why not Giant ask me for something, worthy of such a great man like for me, to bring you the Oceans themselves and lay them at your feet?

*finishes cleaning finger nails*

*places the needle point side up through the brim of his hat*

The Narrator:

The Giant now begins to think...

Maybe he should leave him in the forest…

Action: The tailor leaves and returns with a jug of water.

*** Then firmly places the jug of water on the table in a manner that suggested this task was annoying and below him. ***

[Next Scene]

*** The giant enters and throws the butchered remains of three very large boars to the ground. ***

4. The Giant: (in a Joyful Thundering voice)

I ask you this little man; go into the woods and fetch us some timber so we may have a fire to cook these fine boar I have slaughtered for us.

The Tailor:

o00ooh… now I must go fetch wood so that you can stuff your fat face. I am such a great man and that is your request… Fine… Giant! I shall do as you ask. For only an idiot would ask such as great and skilled craftsmen, such as me, to go… get … wood… for a fire. So I will when I am ready…

*pulls needle from the brim of his hate and begins to clean finger nails*

The Tailor:

Well then giant, does thou wish me to bring you the finest timber in all of the land? How about I bring you a tree, will that be enough to roast enough boar to feed your fat face? Nay!! let me bring you enough to build a cabin or maybe even a castle. Then you can continue to feed that fat face for an eternity. Now leave me alone with such tasks meant for an idiot like you.

The giant again is taken back by this man’s treatment of his simple request.

The giant begins to realize this was a big mistake to bring the tailor along on his travels and wonders if he should part ways with this little man…

The Giant goes off and returns with the timber.

As he begins to light the fire the tailor starts up again…

The Tailor:

*finishes cleaning finger nails*

*places the needle point side up through the brim of his hat*

See I told you fool. That you are best suited to perform these matters. After all you are a Big! Dumb! Ogre… and I am the greatest tailor to ever have lived. For you should be thanking the god above that you have been graced by my presence. Now! Hurry and cook the boar I am hungry and wish to eat.

The Narrator:

The giant can take no more…

The Giant:

5. Well then a great man like yourself could bring home such fine boars to feast on..

The tailor shots back quickly:

The Tailor:

Ohhh … I am and I could…

I would bring back five times that amount, twice the size.

No wait… I would bring back a heard of boar… and slay them all with one arrow. I unlike you Giant am a great man. It would be difficult for a “giant” to understand this greatness.

The Giant:

6. For such a great man, you are also a very rude man… I have taken you here and there for you ride my back, yet you complain to find me water when I become thirsty.

I slay us boar and yet you complain to get a few twigs together so we can eat them.

7. All the while saying how great you are..

*The Giant then lifts his mighty foot and quick stomps down on the tailor crushing him before he replies.*

The Giant:

8. OWWWWWWWWEEE!!

*Only to pull his foot back up to find; the end of a needle sticking out of it*

The Giant:

9. What a prick….

Action:

The Giant then wonders off into the woods.

Narrator:

There you have it; another twisted tale that can only come from siege. If we can gain anything from this tale its sometimes even a Giant can find the right words sometimes.

I hope you enjoy the performance and as always I appreciate your support.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm so glad that the script was added to the photo. That was so brave of the two of you to write and act in a play. This is the stuff I love about UO. Thank you!

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so glad that the script was added to the photo. That was so brave of the two of you to write and act in a play. This is the stuff I love about UO. Thank you!
The shard, at the time, had gotten into a bit of a slow period and so it was time to get creative and try new things.

I believe York was the Narrator and Tanager was the Tailor (but I may have those reversed). We were very official about it all and even had rehearsals a few times before bringing it to the live stage. They were a fun group, always laughing.