• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just a FyI

M

Millie

Winnowing Basket

A winnowing basket was used to separate the corn kernels from the outer husks or chaff. The thrashed corn was thrown up from the basket and the breeze (sometimes created by waving a sheet) blew the chaff from the heavier kernels.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:)

haven't gotten around to baskets yet.... there's just soooo much!!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a few for my new SA furny vendor, and boy I didn't realize we would need so many plants! I think you clip a plant and get one reed, but you need two to make a softened reed, then you need two of those to make a basket that is large but one to make one that is small...something like that. So I really need to get in gear and start growing more plants!

Not sure what to do with the plants that won't clip, I don't want to toss them since they can be used for deco, but right now people are buying plants to make their own baskets and dyes and stuff and would probably not appreciate buying a bunch of duds. :p

M

Millie

You know the plain plants make a nice gray color baskets, I like them alot

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and I haven't yet tried it, but was told that using scouring toxin on the baskets will take them down to the default color