• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

July Schedule

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tuesday, July 15th @ 8:00 PM EST- Governor's Council
Tuesday, July 22nd @ 8:00 PM EST- Royal Britannian Guard Event
Monday, July 28th @ 7:30 PM EST - Pirates, Prisoners, and Principles - Naval Operations Involved
Thursday, July 31st @ 7:30 PM EST - HoC
Sunday August 3rd @ 7:00 PM EST- A Thief's Ransom - Come Prepared for Combat
Tuesday, August 5th @ 8:00 PM EST - The Talon's Fate - Static Quest Begins

Last edited:

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad we can't have EMs on a boat. They could do the HOC there after the Independence Cruise.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I knows dey werks hard putting dis stuffs together fer usins. BUT so dos wees,not nice when they could just read before they post ders. player events not easy effer
wees appreciates wots dey do, just please check player post. mebe weees neea sticky thread for player events?

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ooops wees habe one. WEE BEST POST DER . PEOOPLES GOTTA START CHECKIN DAT THREAD

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
ooops wees habe one. WEE BEST POST DER . PEOOPLES GOTTA START CHECKIN DAT THREAD
I don't think a sticky thread is the way to go on this... it will get cluttered and confusing pretty quickly. I'm gonna try doing a weekly post and see if people like it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I apologize if this comes off as rude, but Chessy has a bad reputation of cancelling / rescheduling events.

There are 2 EMs on Chessy, in paid positions, and rescheduling an event causes many players to waste there time. I came home yet again early for a chessy event, only to find its been rescheduled. Am I alone in this feeling? again im sorry, i can understand 1 or 2 being rescheduled. but its a commonplace.

In response to the HOC meeting, Making characters be on foot during a boss? that is rediculous. adding artifical difficulty by requiring foot combat is going a little too far.

Yes there are many characters at these events. yes its laggy and many choose to be 1 of the 3 races. (on chessy i play an archer and require a swampy so i dont die as easily)

Keep in mind the majority of people wanted to change the top damager system, which would obviously increase the amount of people playing multiple characters, which obviously increases crowding.

In response to the "no RBG event drop" policy. i dont beleive it. this has been said before and there have still been drops at RBG events. I dont know why this even matters if its a drop event or not. All events should be done with quality no matter what amount of rp they involve.

I think most players would just like to see some consistent, reliable events and EMs on Chessy. I value the EMs and the superb live entertainment, I also value and respect the EM program and expect paid positions to provide a quality, consistent gaming product.

Anyway i just thought i would post my thoughts while sitting at a boring house of common meetings instead of being at a fun event.

Last edited:

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All are entitled to their opinions and we wish to hear everyone's opinions on matters. Whether you have played here for 17 years or five days you are a Chesapeake player when you are here. The main purpose of a HoC is to hear peoples opinions. The mention regarding no mounts in specific areas will be done very carefully and only with extreme care. As mentioned during the HoC, it is highly unlikely we would ever implement a no mount area near a boss, but said it was -possible-, as we do not wish to say we would never do it and then find it necessary.

While the event schedule was modified, it was done so as a necessity due to the fact that tonight's event could not be run tonight because of an error with one of our monsters. Since we already had quite a bit of things to discuss and get players opinions on, instead of merely postponing the event we chose to run the HoC tonight...which is still an event and highly important, especially to those who care about the quality and content of events on Chesapeake. It is to everyone's benefit to attend these.

RBG Events were never meant to have any rewards other than the merit points and the uniform items. We are going firmly on record here as stating that from this point on, the only rewards in any event listed as 'RBG' will be merit points to earn your way to uniform items. No other rewards will ever be given at an RBG event on Chesapeake.

The implementation of any sorts of restrictions will be done on a very carefully chosen and constructed case by case basis and will be done to do the best we can to avoid having any kind of issue with causing a hindrance to players normal play. However, we intend to be more careful about making sure if there are any requirements, that these are posted and well known before an event starts...and that those rewarded will only be those who have earned it by following any rules or requirements set forth.

Further queries or questions regarding this matter will be answered if you send an email to [email protected] and [email protected] . Thank you.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankyou for taking the time to respond EM Dross.

Ive played on Chesapeake for 7 years now, and feeling neglected. Perhaps i am just too much of an optimist that the EM program can be run efficiently. I appreciate the effort, and that Chesapeake EMs are a bit renegade in style. Ill admit having 0 drops for this month was a bit disapointing, but enjoy the story and will continue to enjoy whatever the program on Chesapeake provides.